Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Life

Champion Selection

We ran through the rain to the main building, we walked into the Great Hall.

I sat with Hermione.

“Yes!” the twins came running in, “Thank you, thank you!” they both spoke,
“Well, lads, we’ve done it.” Fred spoke,
“Cooked it up just this morning.” George added.

“It’s not going to work.” Hermione and myself chimed, I smiled as they sat by our sides,
“Oh, yeah?” Fred looked between us,
“And why is that, Granger? Skylar?” George smirked,
“You see this? This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself.” I spoke,
“So?” Fred asked,
“So a genius like Dumbledore couldn’t possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion.” Hermione spoke,
“But that’s why it’s so brilliant.” Fred spoke,
“Because it’s so pathetically dimwitted.” George finished.

“Ready, Fred?” George asked, as they shook their viles.
“Ready, George.” Fred replied,
“Bottoms up.” They both chanted and drank the vile.

Fred and George jumped in together.

“Yes!” they both cheered, everybody clapped as they ran around cheering.

“Ready?” they both spoke.

They both put the parchment in the flame.

“Yes!” they cheered but flames jumped out, danced all around and then thrown the two boys on their backs outside.

They’re hair grown, and turned grey,
“You said!” Fred spoke,
“You said!” George spoke, as they both started fighting on the floor.

Every body was cheering for them to fight as I walked over to see them look like idiots.

I looked back to see Viktor walk in the room, everybody fell silent as he placed his parchment in the flame. Though I couldn’t help but notice how he looked at Hermione.

I bit my lip as she looked at him, making eye contact, a slight smirk played on her face.

I quickly sat next to her as soon as Viktor was out of sight,
“You so just checked him out!” I whispered,
“No I didn’t, I was merely observing,” Hermione spoke, my right eyebrow raised as Hermione laughed,
“What?” I asked,
“You always do that,” Hermione spoke,
“Do what?” I asked once again,
“Your right eyebrow… whenever you see something weird of hear something you don’t believe your right eyebrow cocks up,” Hermione laughed, I grinned and nodded,
“I’ve just noticed that myself… thanks…” I laughed.

* * *


As the night came we all sat up on the benches to see who would represent which school.

“Sit down. Please.” Dumbledore spoke. I sat next to Hermione with Ron and Neville behind us.

“Now the moment you’ve all been waiting for: The champion selection.” Dumbledore spoke then dimmed the fires around the room, he walked towards the Goblet and touched the stone.

The flame burned red and released a small piece of parchment.

“The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum.” Dumbledore called.

We all clapped for him as he shook hands with Dumbledore and carried on out of the Great Hall.

The flame burned red a second time and released a small piece of blue paper.

“The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour.” Dumbledore announced.

All the girls cheered as she left as well.

“The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!” Dumbledore announced.

We all cheered loudly for Cedric as he stood up and walked up and left to the exit.

“Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions this vessel of victory the Triwizard Cup!” Dumbledore pointed to the front and a beautiful Cup stood there with a faint blue glow and silver decoration.

Though, something was wrong with the Goblet of Fire.

It burned brighter then ever as another piece of paper flew out.

“Harry Potter. Harry Potter?” Dumbledore called, Harry ducked down in the crowd.

“Harry Potter!” Dumbledore yelled.

“Harry… just go. Harry.” I pushed him up with the help of Hermione.

Harry silently went up and saw the paper with his name.

I was shocked and astounded that his name had appeared.

“Harry wouldn’t do something like that, would he?” I spoke, Hermione looked at me with a worried expression.