Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Far Away

Three

Everyday Darla and the guys practiced for their first tour. The tour was a bit unclean since they shared a small van and slept in the back. Money was tight so they made McDonald’s dollar menu their main food source. The band was starting to get a fairly large fan base. More and more people started to wear their merch. Darla began to feel more and more confident each time that she played. She finally started to break out of her shell, and talked a lot more than she used to.

“Are you ready to rock?” Johnny screamed in Darla’s ear.

“Oh yeah!” Darla yelled back.

“You people are going to deafen me.” Frank chuckled.

Carl was playing with his guitar trying to practice before the show that night. It was a special show because it was in their home town and the show was in memory of Jake. Frank, Johnny, Darla, and Carl all high fived each other, waiting for their names to be called onto the stage. Darla accidently dropped the sticks and they were stepped on by one of the roadies.

“No!” Darla picked up the broken sticks.

The roadie apologized and offered to buy her another pair but it was eight at night, no music store would be open at this hour.

“What am I going to do?” Darla once again felt weak and self conscious.

“Where are Jake’s sticks?” Johnny asked.

“I couldn’t find them.” Darla cried.

Carl raised an eye brow at her, “Did you ever open the Christmas presents?”

“No, I couldn’t bear to.” She shook her head no.

“Go open them!” Frank shouted.

Darla didn’t understand why but she raced out of the arena to her apartment. She flung open the door and tore the paper off each gift. In the boxes were all of the belongings that she couldn’t find when she moved his stuff. The last box contained Jakes missing drumsticks and a note.

Darla,
You probably will be upset that I am dead. I knew I was going to die for a long time. My body knew that the drugs were too much. I should have stopped when I had the chance but you know me, I’m not a quitter. Ironic huh? In this box are my favorite drum sticks. I want you to have them, hell you deserve them. You probably won’t believe me but you were always a better drummer then me. Don’t ever doubt yourself I’m with you always. These sticks might break one day but if they do remember I’m not just in the sticks or my drum kit, I’m in your heart. Do me a favor and take care of the band. Keep Johnny out of trouble, don’t let Frank have candy before bed time, give Carl a hug when he’s quiet, and give it all you got. I’ll be watching over you.
Love,
Jake.

A single tear fell from Darla’s eyes as she read the note. Carefully she lifted the sticks out of the box and immediately felt strong and confident in herself. Darla opened one of the empty picture frames and put the note inside of it, before hanging it up on the wall. She twirled the sticks around her fingers then smiled. She raced back to the arena adrenalin was pumping through her veins as she stepped onto the stage for not only her brother but for herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!! :D