Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Chapter 9

The silence was deafening in that room. Will had gone to check on his brother and he had almost convinced me that Harry would never act like that under his own power and that it was only the drugs that made him act the way he did. But, right now, I was guessing they were all sitting around me, waiting for him to come back with news.
“Oh supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!” I sighed, you’re supposed to say that when there’s nothing else to say, yes? None of the others said anything in response.
“Look guys, if I’m blind now for a while at least, you guys are really going to have to talk to me instead of just letting me guess what you’re thinking from the look on your faces… ’cos I can’t see them!”
“All right Nat, calm down, we’re just wondering about Harry. I know you were injured badly, but having that much stuff put into you must be hard to come back from. Plus, once Harry knows what he did to you, I reckon it’ll take all of us to stop him from committing suicide on us. He’ll be really beating himself up by now…”
At that moment, I heard the door slam open. Apparently, if wheelchair wheels could screech when they stopped, these ones would of.
“Oh my G… Natalie, Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry…” That was Harry.
“Nice to see you too Harry.” That was Pippa, who had been quite up until this point, it was as if Harry and Pippa were more like adopted brother and sister than prospective partners like the papers published.
“Get him away from me!” I exclaimed and tried to back up in my bed to get as far away from his voice as possible.
“It’s alright Nat, he’s over the effects of the drug now and I can tell by the way his face dropped when you said that, that he feels absolutely terrible about doing this to you.” That was Will, always the voice of reason in a crisis I had come to realise. I still didn’t trust Harry though, understandably.
“We understand it will be difficult for you to get though this, but if you could see the hurt puppy dog look on Harry’s face, I’m sure you’d be on the way to forgiving him.” Some noises ensued, which I guessed was Harry playfully hitting Kate after she made that remark.
“Okay, I’ll try.”
“Right, well, what are we going to do with you now? Seeing as we think it was Arlene and Beatrice that did this too you, you can hardly go home now can you.” Will, I’m guessing, now looked at the others and visually conferred with them.
“We have an extra suite available in the palace now, as Kate stayed there before we married, as Granny wanted us to stay in different bedrooms.” I was guessing that Will and Kate snuck a cheeky look at each other before Will continued.
“So, If it’s alright with Granny, I’m sure you can stay there with us for a while as you recover. You’ll be one of the royals by the end. Granny will have you walking with books on your head and drinking tea with your pinkie up.” I smiled at Wills description.
“I can’t wait!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's shorter but there should be an update soon :) x