Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Going 'home'

An hour later, I found myself being led over a gravel path by strong hands, I’m guessing they belonged to David and Will. I felt the ground change beneath my feet to a solid path and then to wood, and then to carpet. The sounds of the paparazzi died down and I guessed that I had arrived inside the palace. I heard someone approaching us and without warning, I was enveloped in a hug.
“Oh love, I’m so sorry.” That was Liz aka Her Royal Highness the Queen of Great Britain. “You may stay for as long as you like my love. If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.”
“Thanks Liz.”
“Will darling, will you take Nat upstairs and Kate, perhaps something a little more flattering than hospital pyjamas would be suitable.”
Oh my goodness, I’ve been wearing hospital PJ’s all this time and no one told me, I must look dreadful!
“Of course Gran, we’ll get her sorted and meet you for dinner in an hour.”
“OK love, take care of her.”

An hour later, I was sitting in a chair which I guessed was somewhere near the middle of the large table, seeing as Liz’s voice was coming from the right and Philip’s was coming from the left. I had been dressed in jeans, guessing from the material, and a top Kate had told me was blue, however I must have still looked a sight with all the bruises, cuts and bandages over my eyes which I had been told were there.
“Excuse me Liz, but have my family been in contact at all?”
Silence.
“Um, well. David is here and…”
“Yes, but what about the rest of them?”
“I’m sorry Nat, but I’m not sure that any of them realise you were in hospital. Beatrice put a post on facebook saying that you were away ‘playing the field’. Of course, everyone will know the truth tomorrow.” Will sighed after saying this.
“How come Will?”
“Well, the pap’s got quite a good few photo’s of us, including you. I would be surprised if the story isn’t on the front cover of every newspaper nation wide.”
“Oh brilliant.” I laid my head in my hands, a headache developing.
“Let’s leave it for now.” Liz said from the right of me. “Let’s enjoy this lovely cake.” Liz addressed someone at the side of the room.
“Freddy, who made this by the way?”
“Mrs Jones, Madam.” I’m guessing it was Freddy that answered.
“Well, please pass along my complements to her. It really is delicious.”
I smiled, thinking about how much that would mean to whoever Mrs Jones was. Liz really was thoughtful.

“So, who’s up for Doctor Who?”
Will slapped me on the shoulder as he walked past me, I assume, to the TV set.
“Will, I can’t see anything, remember.”
“I know Nat, but most DVD’s have an audio navigation setting.”
“What’s that?”
“It means that there is a voice over explaining what is happening, for people who can’t see. It’s a bit like listening to an audio book.”
“Oh, ok. Sounds like fun.”
We sat there with Kate and listened/watched the last two episodes with Donna, and it wasn’t so bad. I am starting to think that I may be able to cope with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I was away for three weeks, and sorry that it's a bit fill-ery. There will be more action soon, I promise :) x