Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Chapter 6

Harry’s eyes moved from my face to the area in which the scream had come from. The Cheshire cat grin he had had plastered on his face only moments ago disintegrated into a serious frown. With his eyebrows deeply furrowed into his face, I turned round to find my sister marching closer to us, skipping the line of celebrities and distinguished dignitaries. Obviously, I had recognised the voice before turning round, but now turning to look at David’s twin sister, I realised that Beatrice was not just surprised as I had first assumed…she was livid! Harry and I sighed almost in synchronisation as she stamped up the paved slabs towards the Beckhams and ourselves. Beatrice walked straight up to me and slapped me in the face,
“How dare you!”
At this point, Victoria Beckham gasped while David and his eldest son restrained Beatrice. Harry looked her straight in the eyes,
“No, how dare you! Stepping out of your place, rising beyond your station, slapping a guest of her majesty the Queen, not to mention a good friend of myself, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.!”
Beatrice was trying to break away from David Beckham, realising that due to her actions, every person in the venue was looking at her in disgust, especially the boys, which made her even more mad. She let out a scream, which caused even all the staff looked and smirked at her, but I noticed that Mr Grey had disappeared into the front entrance of the palace. As I watched this, Beatrice started up again.
“You do realise who SHE is!?” Beatrice looked at Harry pointedly, then proceeded. “She is nothing! She would be nothing without my family, she just hopped on my Dad’s title, her and her mother!” Now facing me, she continued her rant. “And you, you slut! What do you think you’re offering him. You’re a peasant, you don’t belong within 10 miles of them!”
“What on earth is all this racket!” Lizzy, otherwise known to the world as the Queen of Great Britain, stepped out of the great palace doors and addressed the line of guests, with a voice you would have thought anybody over 80 would not be able to muster. “Ah, Beatrice, I though I heard your voice.”
“A pleasure to see you, as always, your highness.” Beatrice’s voice jumped up an octave and
Lizzy grunted, but in a very upper class way, as only she can. “I wish I could say the same, after all the racket that you’ve caused out here.” Beatrice’s face fell, and it was all I could do from burst out laughing. I looked over at my mum, her mouth was hanging wide open at the scene at the front of the line. I nudged Harry, and he looked in that direction, and, as if on cue, we started giggling. Lizzy couldn’t stop a small smile gathering on her lips either. Once she had recovered from her relapse, Lizzy spoke up again.
“Beatrice, why don’t you take yourself and the rest of your family inside while we carry on here.”
Beatrice nodded and grabbed my arm. Lizzy coughed at her.
“And where do you think you are taking our Nat?”
“Our Nat…? Um, you said to take my family…”
“Oh, but who said that Nat, or David for that matter, are part of your family?”
Beatrice stood dumbfounded. Arlene, Michael and Beatrice all walked into the palace without a royal welcome, with Arlene giving Beatrice serious evils. Harry turned to Lizzy.
“Granny, that was brilliant! How did you know that she’s been hassling me?”
“I guessed from the look of panic in your eyes Harry.” I looked at Harry questionably.
“Um, Nat, I didn’t tell you to whole truth. Arlene’s had Beatrice practically stalking me since the last party when you were away. She’s sent me ‘love’ letters, sent me doctored photos of us both, tried to bribe the guards to let her in…must I go on.” Nat stood flabbergasted.
“Now it all makes sense! Mum’s been getting closer to Beatrice lately and they’ve been sneaking off together.”
David spoke up at this moment.
“I’m sorry Harry, I should have spotted it earlier and stopped them earlier. By the way,” Harry looked at him, intrigued, “…can I get some of those love letters? I think they could come in handy during future arguments!” All of a sudden, everyone, Lizzy, David and Victoria Beckham and their boys, Wills, Kate, Harry, David and I, plus most of the remaining celebrities in the line, all burst out laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're enjoying it :) Thanks to my readers and subscribers :) x