Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Chapter 8

At first when I heard William’s voice again, I thought I was dreaming. I could only hear his voice as a muffled blur and I couldn’t open my eyes to see. Why can’t I see? I tried to speak, and realised that my mouth was too dry. I licked my lips and tried to say something, anything. All that came out was a moan. That was all that was needed. Suddenly I was surrounded by voices, some I recognised, some I didn’t. It was still all a blur.
“She’s awake, let us through.” That was Will.
“Let us check her first.” A mixture of voices that I didn’t recognised said that sentence over and over as William tried to push through. From what I could gather, he won.
“Nat? Nat? Can you hear me?” In response I could only groan to start with. I heard him sigh, along with everyone else in the room.
“Can you speak?” I groaned again.
“Her mouth’s dry you prawn.” That was Kate, I loved her meaningless insults. I’m guessing it was her that pressed a glass of water to my lips and let me drink for a while.
“What happened?” I asked once I had enough water and I could speak again.
“What do you remember?” Will asked.
“Well, just… wait, Harry, something with Harry… and, oh why can’t I see?”
“Um, honey,” Kate started “, Harry kind of flew of the rails for some reason, the doctors are doing a blood test on him to work out what happened. He…attacked you.”
I was so shocked I couldn’t speak. I must have looked like a goldfish, opening and closing my mouth until some noise came out.
“So, why can’t I see? And what else is wrong with me?” I could almost imagine them looking at each other to figure out whether they should tell me or not.
“Harry busted your appendix, so that’s been removed. You have a broken rib which punctured your left lung and you, kind of…can’t see.” Kate went quiet.
“Yeah, I guessed that thanks.”
“Nice sarcasm moment Nat. Anyway, thankfully, the cast of casualty don’t think that it’s permanent, they just don’t know how long it’s going to last though. They’re going to do further tests.” I could hear the doubt in his voice when Wills said the ‘further tests’ bit.
“That’s brilliant! This means I get a break from seeing all your ugly faces!” I poked my tongue out at where I expected them to be. Everyone laughed. From what I could tell, Wills and Kate were there with David and Pippa, but there could have been more in the room. I thought back to William’s statement.
“Why do you say ‘the cast of casualty’?” I intended to direct the question at Wills but I didn’t know where he was in the room so I just said it into the air above me. He seemed to catch on though.
“Oh, well, to start with, the nurses wouldn’t let any of us in without an escort or with security. Then they wouldn’t let us onto the intensive care floor, which is where you are by the way. Then, when you woke us up, they wouldn’t let us in here to start with. They were all such drama queens, they all wanted autographs, none of them have a sense of timing.” I chuckled, then paused.
“Wait, you watch casualty?!” He didn’t have time to answer before the door opened and someone, presumably a nurse, came in.

“Excuse me your excellencies, but Prince Harry is awake now. We have done tests and the results have come back.”
“And…” Wills prompted the woman. She obviously looked over at me. William sighed.
“Does the poor girl need a sign on her head? She’s with us, okay!” The woman was obviously taken aback. “Sorry, we’ve had this problem with everybody today. They all reckon she’s nobody and that we’re all here on a pity round.”
“Oh no sir. I wasn’t thinking that at all. I was just thinking what on earth you have to do to become friends with the royal family. And no, she’s obviously not a nobody if you’re friends with her.”
“Thank goodness, someone with a brain!” I could hear Wills mock exasperation and joy. I chuckled.
“Sorry, what’s your name honey?” I asked the woman.
“Sarah, and you’re Natalie. Sorry, I’m a nurse on your ward so I know basically everything about you.” I’m guessing she was smiling.
“Just so you know Nat, she winked at you.” That was David, I’m guessing he was smiling at the mistake the nurse made.
“Oops, sorry Natalie!”
“Anyway, back to the point please Sarah.” That was Will.
“Oh, yes. Well, we did a blood test on Prince Harry, and we found massive levels of Cocaine in his system. He must have reacted extremely violently to the drugs. I’ll tell you what, the volume of cocaine in his system could have had someone put away for years!” Sarah left the room and told them that they could go and visit Harry anytime now.
“I would bet grannies jewels on who it was.” Will said.
“I agree, do you want to go and call the cops now or later?” I was actually seriously as well. Once I had thought about it for, oh lets see…about 2 seconds, I realised exactly who it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder if you can guess who it is? It's not really a murder mystery is it lol. Please give me feedback, this story is kinda being written along the lines of what people want :) x