Status: Active <3

Kiss of Blood: The Encounter

First Impressions

Having to go to school sucks. And this is even comming from me, Aurelia Sulez-Miss Mystic Falls. For the first day of school, Elena and I always get ready together. We have to compete against Amber Reilly and Mackenzie Archer-the sluts who think they rule the school. Obviously, that's wrong. Who wears the crown? Oh, that's right! I do.
I smacked my lips together and look in the mirror, my eyes like beads on the pimple on the side of my face. I tried covering it up with tons of foundation, do you think it would work? Of course not. I'm not the typical girl who wears tons of makeup, only unless needed to. And today was one of those days. Of course, on the first day of school! Elena however, never gets pimples! Ever!
"Aurelia!" Elena rolled her eyes at me, "It's not even noticeable. It's like yay big." She was just finishing putting her hair in a pony tail.
I sigh, "Okay, okay." I flutter around my room and retrieve my bag full of new binded notebooks and newly sharpened pencils.
Elena and I head downstairs to see my mother slaving over the stove, the smell hinted towards bacon and waffles. My sister, Margaret, was sitting at the kitchen table digging into her breakfast while my brother, Cristian, was arguing with my mother.
"I said no, Cristian. And that's my final answer. Now scoot", my mother warned and brought a plate of bacon to the table. I rolled my eyes at Elena, my family wasn't your typical orderly and civilized family in Mystic Falls.
"We're heading out", I yelled to my mother over my shoulder. Elena was close behind me.
"You didn't even eat any breakfast!" My mother tried to protest. Her lavender sweater was misbuttoned and her face was stressed from the chaotic events the first day of school will do to a mother.
"Elena and I have to help plan the Night of the Comet Festival. And we can't do it later 'cause of Tyler's Annual Back to School Bonfire", I explained, putting my wedges on and trying to rush out the door.
"Tyler Lockwood?" My mother questioned, tucking her reddish-brown hair behind her ears.
"Yes", i opened the door, "I won't be back 'till late. So don't wait up for me", I added quickly and then I was out the door. Elena and I rushed to my car. It was the car I always wished for, and being daddy's little girl gave me some perks, a baby blue 1969 Ford Mustang. I was into the old fashioned, vintage cars more than the modern racers.
I put my mirror aviator shades on and smiled. This was going to be a great year. I could just feel it.
"Way to wait until the last minute to tell your mother about your plans", Elena joked while strapping in her seat belt. I looked at her and grinned. My parent's honestly didn't care where I was, as long as they knew what I was doing.
"Please", I said with spunk as I backed out of my driveway, "I feel fresh and amazing and no bitch is going to stop me." Elena giggled and sat back for the ride. Neither of us knew what the year was really entailed for.

Back at school I met Caroline Forbes at her locker. She was my best, yet annoying, friend. She had her long blonde hair in ringlets and her glossy lips tugged into a smile.
"Oh my gosh!" She sang and engulfed me into a bear hug, "I missed you!"
"Caroline", I rolled my eyes and laughed, "I just saw you last weekend at your house."
"I know", she smiled with glistening blue eyes. At times I hated her energy, but I also envied her happiness.
"Okay", I smiled back and shrugged it off, "Elena and I made up some plans for you to run by. We wrote this last night", I handed her a folder full of Night of the Comet Festival plans, "So if they don't fully make sense, we were tired!" I warned with a smile. Since Caroline was President of almost every club at the school, we had to run these plans by her for the final say.
"Thank you so much!" Caroline got excited and put the folder in her locker, "I'll make sure to call you if I can't make any sense of it", she joked. I nodded and ran my hands through my hair.
"I have to go to Chem, where you headed?"
"Calc, but I'll catch up with you before lunch", She shut her locker and walked off briskly, saying hello to almost everyone she passed by.
I turned the other way, ready to drag my feet to my first class, but instead I bumped into someone. My notebook dropped from my hands, luckily nothing was in it yet. I looked up to see who would dare run into me, but I couldn't recognize his face. He was beautiful with short brown hair, deep green eyes, and an angular face.
"I'm sorry", he said, his voice deep and angelic. He swiftly picked my notebook off the floor and handed it to me in one quick motion.
I took it from his hands, "Thanks." My face turned a shade of pink. He nodded and walked briskly by me. My heart puddered as I self-cautiously ran my hands through my hair. I continued my way to class wondering. I've never been so shy around a guy before. Usually guys were shy around me. Then again, I've never seen such a beautiful sight in my life. I'd have to tell Elena, before Caroline tries to get him. Elena would love him!
Smiling as I walked in the door, I took a seat next to Elena. She was talking to Bonnie Bennett, another close friend.
When they noticed I was there Elena looked over at me, "So did you find Caroline?"
"Yep", I smiled at her, "and some other hottie", I noted.
"Who?" Elena asked smiling.
"I didn't get his name", I just realized, "but the school is only so big. I'm sure you'll run into him sometime."
"Oh!" Bonnie smiled, "Are you talking about that new kid?"
"Mhm", I said and playfully licked my lips.
Elena's face turned red as Bonnie continued, "Elena already ran into him, literally." Bonnie started laughing and so did I.
"That's so funny! 'Cause I literally did too!" Elena giggled now, catching up on the fun.
"I guess he has a wierd way of first impressions," Bonnie noted.
"He's hot, it doesn't matter", I say and open my notebook, ready for the class to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
This series will follow the events in the movie. If you have any questions comment the story and I will answer them for you! Any suggestions will be taken into consideration. Thank you!
Aurelia's Outfit
Image