Status: Active <3

Kiss of Blood: The Encounter

It's Caroline

I met up with Caroline after school. We were on our way to Tyler's to help set up his bonfire. We brought some tiki torches and water balloons.
Bonnie and Elena went over to Sheila's house, Bonnie's grandmother, to make sure she was still alright. Bonnie has been really worried about her lately. Ever since Bonnie moved in with her, Sheila has been talking about Salem druids and witches. Sheila works at the local community college as an Occult teacher. Bonnie thinks her grandmother is just taking her teaching position way too seriously. But still, Bonnie worries about her; and I'm worried about Bonnie.
"I think Bonnie ought to just put that woman in a home", Caroline thought out loud. Sometimes Carloine says things without thinking. I tried to not snap back at her. All we needed was for Caroline to say the wrong thing to Bonnie, she had enough to worry about.
"I think Bonnie and her grandmother's problems are their problems", I tried to say it nicely, but I think it came out for more sharply than I intended.
"Well I didn't mean it like that. Old age comes with the crazies", she giggled and pulled into Tyler's. Rolling my eyes, I got out and was welcomed by Tyler who happened to be putting some balloons on his mail box at the same time.
His dark brown hair was all over but he had a goofy grin on his face, "Hey Caroline", he gave her a big hug, "Aurelia", he smiled at me akwardly. It was hard to be friends again after our breakup, but we still managed.
"Hey", I smiled back and gave him a small hug. We stood there for a moment until Caroline spoke up.
"We brought some torches to put up, and some water balloons for later", she giggled while helping me get them out of the backseat of her car.
"Thanks guys", he smiled, "Where's Elena?"
"Her and Bonnie are at the grandma's", I said referring to Sheila. He knew exactly what I ment.
"Ohh", He smiled and shook his head, "I heard Bonnie was worried about her."
"The lady's gone whack!" Caroline excalimed.
"Caroline, really?" I aksed her. Nothing seemed to phase that woman.
"If you two want to bring that stuff around back I'll be right there. Some people are already here", Tyler stated as he ran inside his house. Caroline and I lugged the stuff in the backyard and noticed Vicki Donovan sipping on a beer.
"Seriously?" Caroline stated as she put the cooler of waterbaloons down, "She's already started drinking and there's barely anyone here yet."
"It's Vicki", I reminded her, "She's a hoe."
"I guess she plays that part well", she stated as Tyler came out the back door and Vicki clung to him like a magnet.
I noticed Matt walk over to us with a few Pepsi's in his hand, "Hey girls", he smiled, handing a Pepsi to each of us.
"Hey!" I smiled and gave a him a hug.
"Hi Matty", Caroline said while taking out her phone, "Sorry, my mother's calling." She rolled her eyes and walked away, snapping at her mother over the phone.
"Where's Elena?" Matt asked quietly. Matt was still heart broken over the breakup between him and Elena.
"She's with Bonnie. They'll be here later", I told him and patted him on the back.
"Oh", he nodded and looked at me, "How are you doing?"
"Good." Matt has always been sweet and sensative. It's really cute for a football player, "What about you?"
He took a deep breath, "I want to say everything is alright and I'm okay but that's not really the case, Aurelia. I can't lie to you." Matt and I have been very close since Elementary School.
"Matt, if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you", I reminded him. I hated to see him torn up like this and so didn't Elena. But Elena had a lot of things going on after the tradgedy of her parents passing away.
"What's the point? In the end you're still her best friend and I'm still her ex-boyfriend", He said and then began to sigh, "I'm sorry." With that he got up and walked away.
I shook my head and started to look at my phone. I noticed I had a text from Elena-'On my way.' I texted her back and then looked around. Jeremy Gilbert, Elena's brother was next to Vicki Donovan, it looked like they were arguing. Makenzie Archer and Amber Reilly were playing racket ball with Garvey Thomas and Tyler Lockwood. That's when I realized Caroline has been gone for a while now.
Just as I was about to get up to look for her, I feel a light tap on my shoulder. It was Bonnie.
"I'm feeling wierd", she stated. Her eyes were round and her dark native hair was frizzy.
"What do you mean? Where Elena?" I began to ask her. She was making me feel wierd.
"She caught up with that new kid from school, Stefan", she started and swallowed hard, "You're gonna think I'm turing crazy too." I could tell she was stressed, right to hell.
I rubbed her arm, "No, I promise. I'd never think you were crazy. What's wrong?" I was worried something was wrong with her, or worse, Elena.
"Okay", she talked really low and looked around cautiously.
"Would you just spit it out?" I aksed impatiently, "Caroline has been gone for forever! You have me worried about you and your grandmother! I have no fricken clue why Elena is with Stefan! Just talk", I said frazzily but then added with sympathy, "Please."
"Alright!" She said and ran a hand through her hair, "I think my grandmother isn't joking. Like I really think everything she has been saying is true. And that's why I'm freaked the hell out!"
"Why would you say that?" I asked her. So now she's like created some druid coven with her grandmother. Is Elena involved or something?
"Okay, so I had Elena come with me to my grams because I wanted to show her something my grams can do. She can read minds, Aurelia! Seriously, read your fricken mind and I had to share it with you and Elena. Just promise not to tell Caroline!" She begged me.
"I won't", I promised. That's the last thing I'd want to do to Bonnie, "But why does Elena have anything to do with this?"
"Okay, so when we first got here Stefan noticed us so he came over to say hi. Well, he shook our hands and I saw something", her face became distorted.
"Well, what did you see?" I asked her.
Concern stared me in the eyes, "Death."
I almost spit out the Pepsi in my mouth at her. What. The. Hell.
"Bonnie, seriously? Your being serious?" I wanted to slap her.
"Yes! I swear! I wanted to tell Elena about it, but she went to get some drinks with Stefan and I-I didn't know what to do!" She rushed and crossed her arms.
"You mean, Elena doesn't know what you saw?" I couldn't believe her right now.
She shook her head, "I'm sorry. I was shocked."
"Bonnie, we have to find her and Caroline. Are you sure that's wat you saw?" I asked again. All I needed was some practical joke they were trying to put on.
"Aurelia, I swear on my grandmother's grave", she stated matter of factly.
I took in a deep breath, "I don't even know where to start looking."
"Try her phone", Bonnie said sarcasticaly. Duh, I said to myself. I opened my phone and called her, she answered.
"Where the hell are you?" I blurted into the phone.
"I'm in the woods with Jeremy. He's upset about something with Vicki and I'm trying to calm him down." I could tell she was worried for her brother.
"We need to leave, now", I told her while looking at Bonnie. She nodded her head and began pacing back and forth.
"I can't just leave Jeremy here by himself. I'm leaving when Jeremy is leaving", she stated simply.
"Elena, it's important! Where's Stefan?" I asked her.
"He went to go get a drink-wait, wait." Elena said quickly. I could hear screems in the background. Bonnie heard them too.
"Elena? Elena, what's happening?" I yelled into the phone, "Elena!"
"Oh my gosh. It's Caroline. Aurelia, it's Caroline. Call the cops!" She rushed into the phone.
"What happen to Caroline?" I asked, but it was too late. She hung up.
I had no idea what was going on. What did she mean, "It's Caroline?"
Bonnie was at my side, hyperventalting. "I have a bad feeling", she stated.
That's when we saw Elena come out of the woods screaming for help and Jeremy right behind her carrying a limp body with curly blonde hair.
"It's Caroline", I said, not able to move.
"No", Bonnie whispered and covered her face.
Elena was right. It was Caroline.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. So all I did was change the fact that it was Caroline who got bitten by the vampire at the bonfire instead of Vicki. If you have any questions or suggestions please comment! Thank you!
Image