Status: Active <3

Kiss of Blood: The Encounter

Big Ass Crow

Two and a half hours later I was waiting at the hospital. All the Doctors could tell us was that it was a serious animal attack and that she lost a lot of blood. I looked around the waiting room. Everyone was quiet. Tyler sat in the corner next to Matt boucing his leg. Matt hasn't taken his eyes off Elena yet. Across form me was Sherrif Elizabeth Forbes, Caroline's mother, with her head in her hands. I could see tears streaking down her face. Bonnie sat on one side of me, she hasn't moved one bit since we got there, and Elena was on the other side of me, resting her head on her the back of the wall.
Sherrif Forbes cleared her throat, "You guys should get home. It's late out and you kids have school tomorrow."
I looked over at Tyler who shrugged and walked over to Sherrif Forbes, "I feel awfully sorry. My father told me to tell you that we'll pay for all the hospital bills and deal with all the insurance problems. It scares me to know that there's such a monster right in my woods." Tyler shook his head. He looked sorry and the agony of it all was killing him, "I just hope she'll be okay. She doesn't deserve this."
"Well nobody deserves this", she stated and rubbed Tyler's arm, "and tell Mayor Lockwood thank you very much, but I think we can deal. I'll investigate those woods for your safety right after I find out Caroline is okay." I could see tears spring back to her eyes. She was right, nobody deserved this.
"Thank you. Make sure you update me when you get news", Tyler told her before patting her back and walking out the door.
"Matt, you should get going home too. I don't know what kind of animal got Caroline, but it's still out there", the Sherrif noted. Matt nodded and got up.
"Alright, see you guys later. Update me about everything. I want to make sure she's gonna be alright", Matt told all of us. He was such a sweet heart.
"We will", I told him. I looked over at Bonnie. She was staring blankly at the wall.
"Bonnie", I nudged her, "Are you alright?"
She looked at me and nodded, "I'm so scared", she whispered.
Sherrif Forbes heard us, "You girls don't need to be scared. I'll find that animal that did this, don't you girls worry."
I knew that wasn't why Bonnie was scared but we nodded anyways. The Doctor eventually came out and sighed. Mrs. Forbes shook his hand and waited for him to speak. Right now anything about Caroline's health was better than nothing.
"Well, I'm Doctor Greene. Caroline lost a lot of blood like you already know. We put her into a coma until she has a normal level of blood into her system. She might wake up tomorrow, she might wake up next week, four weeks. We don't know yet, but it was the only way", the Doctor informed us.
"When can we come visit her?" Elena asked. Elena has been the worried one after her parents died. Lately, she has been an emotional wreck.
"Friends will be able to come visit her noon to six. We don't want to stress her", he explained.
"But she's in a coma", I said. How could we stress her when she was technically sleeping?
"A coma is state where your body thinks you're sleeping, but you're really awake", the Doctor tried to explain.
I nodded when I understood what he meant. So Caroline could hear us talking and think in her mind but she couldn't say anything back to us.
"We'll allow family visits tonight only", The Doctor told Mrs. Forbes.
"Thank you so much", she said, trying to hold the tears back.
"Anything for you, Sherrif", the Doctor smiled, "But there's something I want to talk to you about in private. It's about Caroline's wound."
Sherrif Forbes nodded and then looked towards us, "Do you girls need a ride home?"
"No", I said shaking my head, "We'll come back tomorrow after school. Call us if anything changes", I told Mrs. Forbes. She smiled at us and then headed with Doctor Greene.
"What do you think he wants to tell her? Why couldn't he have just told all of us?" Elena wondered as we walked out of the hospital.
"I don't know", I told her, "He said it was about Caroline's wound." Bonnie unlocked her car and the three of us got in, Elena sat in the back.
"Well whatever it was, it seemed important", Bonnie spoke up for the first time, "I wish I could have touched him, maybe I could have seen something."
"Bonnie, do you really want to freak yourself out again? Let's just stay away from that witchy voodoo", I suggested.
"It's not funny", Bonnie aruged. Why was she being so defensive? She continued, "My grandmother was telling the truth this whole time. When I touched Stefan, I saw death. And that's exactly what almost happened tonight."
"Wait, what did you see?" Elena asked. She leaned forward so her head was practicaly in the from seat.
"That's why we called you earlier tonight, to tell you", I informed her, "But then this all happened." I waved my hands franticaly in the air.
"When I shook hands with Stefan, I saw this image that was dark and cold and it reminded me of death. That's all." Bonnie made it seem like it was nothing.
"That's all?!" Elena exclaimed, "Bonnie you need to tell your grandmother!"
"No", Bonnie snapped back, "Not yet. I'm not ready to know anything more."
"Bonnie", I said gently, "It is serious, you even said it, you need to tell her."
We drove in silence for a moment until Bonnie began, "There's more I didn't tell."
"What?" I asked her, my body was fully positioned so I was facing her. Some time during this we heard a big splat against the windsheild. Bonnie stopped quickly, making her car come to a quick hult. Inertia caused me to bang my forhead against the dashboard.
"Oww!" I hissed and brought my hand to my head.
"What was that?" Bonnie panicked. She put her low lights on to see farther into the road, but nothing was there.
"It was that big ass crow that keeps following me", Elena said angrily, "I'm glad we hit it."
"Wait, what?" Bonnie said, turning around in her seat. A crow was following Elena? I wanted to laugh at how relieved Elena felt about killing a bird.
"I don't know, it's stupid. I must be superstitious", she tried to make it seem like it was no biggie.
"A crow was following you?" Bonnie asked Elena. I didn't get why Bonnie was so up to talking about this mental bird.
"Yeah", Elena's face flushed a shade of pink.
"Okay, who cares! It's just a dumb bird", I rolled my eyes wanting to change the subject, "What haven't you told us yet, Bonnie?"
"That", Bonnie said, "When Elena handed me that can at the party, I saw a crow."
"And your just telling me this now, because?" Elena pushed.
"Well, why the hell would I have told you that at the time. I thought it was just my imagination. But then later when I shook hands with Stefan, I realized it wasn't my mind playing tricks. It was real shit", Bonnie tried to explain. I felt sorry for her. Why were we getting angry with her when she had no clue what the hell was going on herself?
"It's okay Bonnie", I said, putting her hand in mine, "We will help you get through this-whatever this is", I tried to lighten the mood.
"Yeah, but your going to have to be completely honest with us from now on", Elena told her seriously.
"I promise", Bonnie smiled, "You guys are the best."

After Bonnie dropped me off at my house, my mother and father were waiting for me in the foyer.
"Guys", I while taking off my shoes, "I told you not to wait up for me."
"We heard what happen on the news", my mother explained.
"Why didn't you call to tell us where you were?" My father asked me.
"It was all a rush, I swear. Caroline is in a coma, she lost a lot of blood, and they don't know what it was that attacked her. We were all panicking", I tried to tell them exactly how I was feeling.
"We're just happy you're okay", my mother said and gave me a hug. I hugged her back while tears stung my eyes.
"They don't know when she'll wake up", I sobbed. My father rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head.
"She'll be fine, don't you worry. God is watching over her", he said. I noticed he had the Bible in his hands.
I nodded my head, yawning. It had to be at least midnight by now, "I'm off to bed."
My mother nodded and let me scoot by them. But as I was walking up the stairs I couldn't help but over hear my mother talking to my father.
"Do you think they're really back?" My mother gasped quietly, thinking I couldn't hear them.
"I don't know. Mayor Lockwood is having an urgent Founder's Counsel Meeting tomorrow. He doesn't think it was an animal that attacked Caroline."
"You don't suppose...?" My mother hinted, worried.
"I don't know", my father paced into the living room. I crept onto the the hallway where there was still some railing and squated there, listening.
"I thought we destroyed them centuries ago, David", my mother voice was so delicate.
"Mary, anything is possible. Didn't our ancestors tell us that? We can't make a big deal about this yet. We have to hold a meeting first", my father wrapped his arms around my mother, resting his head on hers, "I will keep this family safe. For now on, no one is allowed out of this house by night fall until further notice."
My mother nodded, "Do you want some tea before going to bed?"
I silently got up and walked to my bedroom. I had to tell Elena and Bonnie about what I just heard. Something didn't feel right.
♠ ♠ ♠
have a lot of plans for this story! I'm really excited! Comments pleasee!
Image