Status: Active <3

Kiss of Blood: The Encounter

Vampire

My whole body was shaking and I was lying in the middle of nowhere, a deserted forest. I sat up and noticed I was in the middle of a puddle, mud was caked onto my clothes. My muscles ached, but I didn't care. For some reason I knew I was in danger, the hairs on the back of my neck stuck up. I heard a crunch of leaves behind me, and the panting of breath.
What the hell? I tried to get up, but for some reason I couldn't. My body was restrained to the Earth. I could hear it coming closer, and closer, and closer. Saying my name in a taunting voice until it got right next to me and shook me, with laughter and the smile of hatred. I screamed as I looked into the eyes of a demon. I tried to cover my face with my hands, to protect myself from the evil monster, but it was no use. His hands burned my skin, and his teeth were pointed and razor-sharp. His eyes were black holes in his head and his face was pale white.
"No", I cried, the tears streaking my face. What a grim way to die, I thought to myself. I cringed and gave up. There was no use. I watched as he smiled at his defeat and brought his teeth to my skin. I anticipated him to tear me to shreads.
"Aurelia", he laughed, "Aurelia, Aurelia!"

I opened my eyes, startled, and looked at my sister. She had her hair up in a sloppy bun, her plaid pajamas still on, with a wierd looking smile on her face.
"Aurelia, your phone has been going off for over an hour! Can you please answer the darn thing?" She shrieked then added, "Why did you leave your light on?"
I looked around. I wasn't in a forest with a demon, I was in my room with my sister. That's when I remembered last night. Elena called me to tell me Stefan's Uncle Zack died.
"I just fell asleep on accident", I muttered and checked my cell phone. It was Elena and Stefan who were calling me.
"Okay", she said slowly, "Were you having a night mare?" She teased and gave a light laugh.
"No, you wierdo. Get away!" I snarled and shut my door after her. I ran my hand through my hair. That had to be the most realistic dream I have ever had.
After taking my shower, I decided to go over to Stefan's house a little earlier. I hope he didn't mind. When I walked outside, I smiled. The fresh air and the bright sun warmed up my day. I wore light washed capris with a light pink cardi and white cami. I hopped in my car and drove to Stefan's. I needed answers, what ever they knew-I wanted to know now.
I drove past Bonnie's father's house. Her little brother, Issac, was outside with their new puppy, a golden retriever, playing ball. His dad was sitting on the porch watching them with the news paper. I quickly waved and kept driving.
Bonnie used to live two houses down from me with her mother, father, and little brother. After Bonnie's mother mysteriously took off, Bonnie's family had never been the same. Eventually, Bonnie moved in with her gradmother, Sheila. Sheila was Bonnie's mother's mother. Bonnie's father claimed Sheila was crazy, and discouraged Issac and Bonnie from seeing her. But, Bonnie was interested in learning more about her mother since she had taken off only shortly after Issac was born and Bonnie was only six. Bonnie's father eventually gave her a choice of living with him or Sheila, claiming he didn't want Issac influenced by Sheila like Bonnie was. Bonnie made the decision of living with her grandmother in the old part of Mystic Falls-on the other side of the Town's Square.
I pulled into the long drive way that lead to the Boarding House. The builing was made of old brick and gave you that "old fashioned" feeling. Caroline's car and Bonnie's car were parked, too. I didn't know they were going to be here also. I parked my car next to theirs, took a drawn out breath and made my way to the door of the house. During history class we learned the Salvatore Boarding House has been used since 1914 for housing after many houses were burned down during the Battle of Willow Creek.
Stefan answered the door, and I noticed Elena waiting patiently behind him. He ushered me in and I followed Elena into a living room type setting. Caroline and Bonnie sat awkwardly on a red velvet couch, taking little sips of what looked like water.
"You can take a seat anywhere", she told me while her and Stefan took a seat on the couch across of Bonnie and Caroline. I decided to sit next to Caroline.
She smiled at me and raised her eyesbrows, "This is wierd", she whispered.
I nodded my head and looked around. The Boarding House was really intimidating. One step in the wrong direction...and you'd be lost.
Bonnie sat there, hands in lap, not moving. Her coarse hair was tucked back in a pony tail, revealing blonde highlights.
Caroline couldn't wait any longer, "Alright, Elena, what's going on here?"
Elena looked at Stefan skeptically and then gulped, "Well, Uncle Zack died and his body was drained of blood just like yours, Caroline." From the corner of my eye I saw Caroline shudder but Elena continued, "He wasn't as lucky as you were either, he died." I could see the anger flare in Elena's eyes. It wasn't that she was mad at Caroline, but she was just mad in general. Now Stefan probably has to move back somewhere else.
Stefan bumped his elbow lightly against her arm and then Elena continued more softly, "So, that's what we wanted to talk to you guys about."
"Alright", I said and crossed my legs, "So, what now?"
"Umn", Elena fumbled with the hem of her shirt, "Stefan and I know what killed Uncle Zack-and probably almost killed Caroline, and what probably is killing Vicki."
"So why don't you guys go to the police?" Bonnie asked, her eyes squinting at both of them and her lips pursed, she was obviously not happy about something either. Elena and Stefan both exchanged knowing looks at her and then Bonnie rolled her eyes and looked away.
"If you two know what's going on then you should go to the police. They need to know", I tried to ration. Bonnie was right. They should have gone to the police so it wouldn't go any further and they could take care of it.
"That's the problem-we can't. It would be crazy", Elena shook her head and looked back at Bonnie.
"Well, Elena, I came here for answers and instead we're debating about whether you should go to the police! Can you just tell us already?" Caroline's eyes were bugged out as she talked with her hands frantically.
"Yes, Caroline", Elena snapped.
"Oh please, Elena. Save the drama", Bonnie whipped back with a look.
"Well, Bonnie, I could say the same thing to you, aswell", Elena said through her teeth.
"Alright", Stefan got up from his chair and looked at all of us in dismay, "Elena and I called you here to tell you very, very important information. Not for you girls to get into a hissy fit. This imformation is secretive and if it were me I wouldn't tell you guys at all because of how irrational it might seem-but Elena trusts you and wants to protect you."
"Elena, we're sorry", I spoke for the three of us, "We just got a little impatient." I gave unimproving looks at Bonnie and Caroline.
Elena nodded, "So the victims are sucked almost dry of blood and they have bite marks on their necks."
I thought about my dream. About how I saw the demon crouching over me. About how I tried the protect my neck against his sharp, razor teeth. I cringed.
There was a little pause before Caroline said, "Yeah...?"
I heard Bonnie snort. But, I got it. I knew what she was talking about. That kind of stuff doesn't happen though. Then again, that's what I thought about Bonnie when she said she was a witch.
"It was a vampire", Stefan snapped at Caroloine.
Caroline laughed, "Yeah right."
"If you aren't going to take this seriously, Caroline-"
"Is this some sort of joke?", Caroline said and got up, "I can't believe this! You had me come over here so you could make me look like some fool?"
Elena got up, aswell. Her face was broken and I could see how hurt she was. She didn't mean for this to happen, I could see it.
"Caroline, wait", Elena said lightly and put a hand on her friend's shoulder. Caroline shrugged it off. Her eyes were pierced, her lips were pursed, and her arms were folded around her.
"That's enough Elena. I'm leaving", Caroline gritted through her teeth and marched to the front door.
"But, Caroline-" Elena rushed after her, but it was too late. She was already running to her car.
Elena looked like she could slap herself. She shook her head and paced back to the living room, sucking in a big breath she looked back over at the rest of us, "Anyone up for takeout?"

We sat at a long table in the dining room. The chandelier kept flickering, it's dim light refletcting of the ruby red painted walls.
"So this ring is going to keep me safe?" I asked and put in on my finger, gazing it at it.
"Sort of", Stefan tried to explain, "Vampire's are allergic to vervain-an herb-which limits complulsion on a human. That ring contains a vervain powder."
"So, when I wear this ring, vampires can't...use compulsion?" I asked him. Bonnie sat digging into her plate of Chinese, not caring about anything we were taling about.
"Compulsion is when a vampire takes over your mind and can control you, when you are wearing that ring the vampire will not be able to", he enlightened me.
"How do you know this?" Bonnie asked. She had a hint of tease to her smile , that it made me unseasy. I noticed Elena kick her under the table.
"But, a vampire can still bite me", I told them. So what is they couldn't compell me? They could just as easy tear my throat open!
"That's why you don't go out at night", Elena reminded me, "And you don't let any strangers in. Once they are invited, they are welcomed to go in you house at any time!"
"Right", I nodded and looked over at Bonnie, "But she doesn't have to wear vervain?"
"I'm a witch", she reminded me, "I can just as easy make them fall to their knees like a little girl." I couldn't help but notice how she directed her words toward Stefan.
"Anyways", Elena coughed and got up from the table, "It's getting dark and we should all probably go home."
"What about Caroline?" I asked, "She doesn't have vervain."
"I cant just give it to her tomorrow at school", Elena said and grabbed her bag, "A forgivness gift."

Later that night I was up in my room. I had just got settled down and was finally ready to get to bed. I had my ring on which made me feel more safe. Just as I pulled my blankets over me, my cell phone rang. Dreading on having to get up, I some how leaned over my bed to snatch my phone off my dresser. It was Matt. I hoped this was important and answered the phone.
"Aurelia?" Matt was panting on the other line.
"Yes, Matt are you okay?" I asked him.
Ignoring my question he continued, "Aurelia, they found Vicki near wickery bridge."
"They did? That's great Matt! Tell her I missed her!" I spit all out at once. See? It wasn't a vampire after all.
"No, I'm afraid I can't" That's when I realized he was crying, not panting, "Vicki's dead, Aurelia."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is not sequence of how they were suppose to find out that there were vampires in town, but i didn't want it to be exactly the same either. Hope you enjoyed :)
[url=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=45541111Aurelia's Outfit[/url]
Image