Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 26

"OK. You ready for this you guys?" I said as we walked out of my house and locked up. Everyone gathered at my house before we headed out for the funeral. We all were wearing black. I had on my black suit, with my shades and hat. Kelly, Carry ,and keke were wearing black dresses. Tony and them wearing wearing the same as me, but we could tell each other apart.

"I guess so." They said in unison and we all walked to the cars that were parked along the street.

Once we got to the church, I walked to the pastor to make sure everything was in order. He gave me the thumbs up and I headed to the front of the church to greet everyone.

"Yo man. I'm sorry about your lost. Cory was a cool dude man." Alan said as we did a hand shake. "Thanks man. Go on in." He nodded and walked in.

It pretty much went that way until it was time for the service. I took my seat in the front and tried not to look at Cory's body in the casket. Kelly was on my left side and keke was on my right. They both were holding my hands.

"Ladies and gentle man. We are-" I toned the pastor out, and began to go into my own world. 12 years old running around the streets together. Tryna holla at the ladies. I smiled to myself. 15 years old. Skipping school and heading out to the park to play some ball with the big guys.

I was in my own little world up to when I felt kelly nudge me in the side. She pointed straight ahead to the pastor. "Would you like to share some words Dante?" I looked around and everyone was looking at me. I nodded at the pastor and got up.

I walked slowly to the podium and cleared my throat in the mic. I took a look at everyone and I suddenly found it hard to catch my breath. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"Anytime now Dante." The pastor whispered. Kelly smiled at me and I closed my eyes.

"Hi everyone. I want to thank you all for coming out today. Cory would really appreciate this. Me and Cory have been through everything together. He was my brother and best friend. If it wasn't for him, I honestly don't know where I would be. I know he's in a better place now."

I looked up and a few people had their heads down and I even seen a few dudes shed a tear. Carry was crying her eyes out and rubbing her stomach.

"I know Cory wishes that he was still here. Still here to see his unborn children and to see us all do better. I just want to thank Cory for all that he has done for me. I'm going to miss you man. And I'll never forget you." I noticed myself began to cry so I said a quiet thank you into the mic and went back to my seat.

Once the service was over, everyone got into their cars and we headed to the cemetery. I drove the car the ladies and I were in. It was total silence. I was shaking my head the whole way there. Trying to keep myself from shedding anymore tears.

When we arrived to the cemetery, we all followed the casket to where Cory will be buried. We stopped in front of a big hole in the ground. It was deep. I heard Carry behind me let out a cry and I pulled her in my arms. I held her close to me while all the ladies gathered around to comfort her. I couldn't stop looking at the grave. After this he is officially gone. I will never see him in my life again.

After everything was set up, the preacher said a few more words. I happen to see some late guest walk over to the crowd while the preacher was talking. They were wearing all black also. I looked back at the preacher but then back at the people. The one lady seem to be crying and a man was comforting her.

I stared long and hard. Some is wrong. I took a few steps towards them without taking my eyes off of them. The closer I got to them, the more my mouth became ajar. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Sorry for the long wait. Its my fault. Writers block. Sooo anybody wana guess whats about to happen.?? Comment and subscribe.