Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 8

I walked into the house and seen Keke asleep on the couch. Tonight was the greatest and worst night of my life. It was great because Kelly made it great. It was the worst because of the whole group situation. I was at Kelly's house for a while. We talked. Made out. And talked some more. She took my mind off of everything, but now, everything is coming back. Wonder how Cory is now going to treat me.

I quietly walked to the couch and shook Keke. She stirred and then slapped my hand away. I chuckled at her behavior and shook her again.
"Keke get up. You need to go home. We have school in the morning." she grunted and then turned to look at me. She looked at her surroundings, obviously trying to remember where she is at. She finally realized she was at our crib. She sat up, rubbed her eyes, then glared at me.

"Cory has been looking for you. He looked pissed. What happened.?" I signed. I sat down next to her and told her the whole situation that went down. She shook her head at me and stood up.
"Why didn't you answer the damn phone?" She asked walking to the kitchen. I followed her. "I didn't feel it vibrate or anything. I promise." She just got her some ice cream and sat on the cabinet.
"I guess. But you really need to talk to Cory and the boys. Try and figure something out." I nodded. How am I suppose to fix this? I thought to myself.

"Alright well, I'm pretty sleepy, so I'll see you at school. And your car is in good shape." I said going to my room. I soon heard the front door open and close. I went and took a long shower. I mostly spent my time in there thinking. After the shower I put on my boxers and basketball shorts and hopped in my bed. Rest is exactly what I need.

I closed my eyes ready for sleep, when my cell starts ringing. I grunted and grabbed it off of my night stand. I didn't even pay attention to the caller ID.

*Me: Hello?
*Unknown voice: "I KNOW YOU AIN'T SLEEP. GET YO ASS UP AND TO MY OFFICE NOW."
And the call was over.

I didn't even have to think twice who that was. PoppaP indeed. I jumped out of bed and looked at my clock. 12:12 am. What the hell? Ugh. I went straight to my closet and threw on me a pair of jeans and black t-shirt. I grabbed my door keys and ran out of the house. I wonder if he called up Cory too.

I went on the next street and stole the same car. I think the owner be knowing that his car is getting stolen, but don't worry about it because they know that they will get it back. I budged the door open and got in. Hot wired it up and took off. What could he want me to do now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes sir" I said once I was standing in front of him. He was puffing on the extra large cigar. Like always. He slowly moved the cigar from his lips and eye balled me.

"I need you to do something for me." I ACCIDENTALLY huffed under my breath signaling that I wasn't in the mood, but I wasn't trying too. He stood up and looked at me close.
"Boy did you just huff?" I shook my head at him.
"So you calling me a liar now? You think I didn't just see that shit?" He asked walking around his table.
"No sir. I'm just sort of tired. That's all."
"Oh really now? Tired? Do it look like I give a fuck if your tired?" I shook my head again, but this time slower. He removed a pistol from his suit and sat it on his desk. I stared at the gun and then back at him. This dude is crazy. You never know what he might do.

He took another puff of his cigar. "You know Dante. You are one of my favorite workers. Never give me any trouble." I took in a deep breath not saying anything. "I need you to do a kidnap tonight. And I'm not taking no for an answer. The guys that I had you and Cory go after the other day. There was a baby in the house I hear. I need you to go get her. I still need my money. And if I hold the baby as hostage then I should get it." He said calmly.

He is serious right now? "Sir, I don't think-" I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence when a hard metal came across my face. I fell to the ground in pain. I looked at my hand and it was full of blood. I looked at PoppaP and seen the gun in his hand. I know he did not just pistol whip me.

I slowly got up and stood straight, with my hands behind my back. I felt the blood sliding down my face and fallen to the sold concrete in the room. "Now. Like I was saying. You go get the baby, or I come after you." I did nothing but nod. He looked at me in disgust and then said, "Uh. Get out of my sight. And go clean yourself up. Make sure to bring the child here. Now go." I quickly left, and got in the car.

I pulled down the mirror and looked at my face. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Just a long cut across my face. It should go away soon. I have to clean this blood tho. Back to the crib I go and prepare for this kidnap. I have never kidnapped before. Yea, I've killed but never actually kidnapped someone. Especially a baby.

Once I got done cleaning myself up, I grabbed my mask, and gun, and everything else then left the house. I guess I'm working alone on this mission. That sucks. I have to take all the blame. Suddenly, Kelly popped into my head. She would be very disappointed. I shook my head and headed out. PoppaP gave me the address before I left. And that's where I'm headed now.

~~~~~~~~Kidnapping~~~~~~~~~

I pulled in front of the 2-story house. I looked around the neighborhood. I don't know why I'm looking around like someone is just going to be walking around at this time at night. I looked back at the house and seen every light off. I signed and then got out of the car. I walked to the side of the house and opened a window. I don't know what it led to but I made sure to be extra quiet.

When my whole body was now in the house, I could tell I was standing in the living room area. I tip-toed out and into the dinner room. Damn, where is the stairs? I hit a corner, and found the set of stairs. I started going up them when they started creaking. I stopped and then kept going slowly. I was at the top now. I see 5 doors. I checked the first door to my right. It was the bathroom. I slowly closed it back. I checked the next door on the left, and it was a girl sleeping peacefully. She looked around my age. I cant believe I'm doing this to these people. I don't know how they was related to the 2 guys we killed, but I'm sure they took their death pretty hard. I closed the door and headed for the next one.

I opened the door and BINGO. It was the baby room. I seen the crib in the center of the room up against the wall. I crept in and closed the door slightly. I walked over to the crib and looked down at the baby. She was sleeping so peacefully. Looked like an angel. I can't believe I'm about to take her away from her family. I slowly picked her up and wrapped her blanket around her. I brought her up to my chest and rocked her because I didn't want her to wake up. I grabbed her little baby bag and her bottles, and then headed towards the door. I opened it up slowly and headed down the stairs. I looked at the door and then back at the window. I'm not going to go out the window with little one in my arms. I slowly headed to the door. I unlocked the locks and slipped out. I shut the door extra carefully and then I was gone.

When I got in the car, I took off my mask and looked at the little baby. She had her little finger in her mouth. I reached over and took it out, but then she started fussing so i put it back. "Geez" I said under my breath, with a light chuckle. I started up the engine and zoomed out.

~~~~PoppaP~~~~

I walked in with the baby, and all of her stuff. I didn't say anything though.
"Well well. Good job." He said proudly. I nodded not happy of what I just did. I think he could tell.
"Oh son, don't be sad. When I get my money then I'll be grateful to return her back to who she belongs too." I still didn't say anything. Just looked at the baby that was still sleep. Her breathing very peaceful. She had a head full of hair too.
"Give her to the guard..." Boss said to me. I looked at Trent and then back at the baby. I really don't want to give her to anyone. What will they do to her.

He walked to me and took her from me. Then he went out the door. I looked back at PoppaP and asked, "What do you plan on doing with her?" He stared at me long and hard.
"Why are you concerned?"
"I mean, I'm not. I just want to know."
"Were just going to keep her for a while. Don't worry, I'm not that cold-hearted to do anything bad to her." I signed thankful for that.
"Okay. Well, you can go." He said starting to count his money in front of me, before he handed me a stack. I walked towards the door but stopped and said, "Can I come to visit the baby?" He really stared after I asked that.
"I guess. Now leave." I left with a smile. Not happy that she is kidnapped, but happy that I get to spend time with her. I feel awful for what I had to do.

I drove back to the hood and took the car back to the owner. I walked the rest of the way. I'm suppose to go to school in a couple of hours. Fuck that. I'm sleeping in.
♠ ♠ ♠
So how was the chapter? Please subscribe and comment!! Would appreciate it !!