Status: Sorry about the wait, but Kailee might be sleeping for a little while longer...I'm in the middle of a move sadly! I'll be back to writing soon.

Desire

Hang On

She hit the ground.

She hadn’t even been aware that she was falling, but the feeling of the impact was unmistakable. And it was soft, snug, and warm. She realized that her eyes were still tightly closed, and opened them, her lids lifting with great fatigue. Longs strands of an auburn-brown mane, kissed by sunlight, shrouded her weary face and blocked her already blurred vision. Speakers somewhere in the room were softly playing music that she could just barely make out to be “Hang On” by Weezer. She slowly tucked her hair behind her ear and adjusted herself to a slightly more upright position, rearranging a misplaced pillow in the process.
She glanced down at her well-worn tanktop and plaid boxer shorts and stretched her long legs so far that she was just wiggling her toes.
Don’t let him go… It swam through the back of her mind, but was covered by her thoughts of the day ahead of her.

“5:30…” she muttered, gazing at the red glowing numbers in the dark, “Half an hour…”

With that, she returned to the nest of blankets awaiting her, and thought about the dream that she couldn’t really remember.