Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 19- Mori

Mori:

Mori and the gang were all singing at the top of their lungs to some random radio station that they could pick up in the middle of no where.
“What is that horrible song?!” Quinn yelled from the back.
Mori looked over to see Vi’s evil handiwork at rest. She had tied up their “hostage” and blind folded him so that he couldn’t know where they were going. Mori gave an evil smile and told Kendal to put in that mix cd that Sarah made a few years back. A mix cd of every single song that the group loved to hate; which included: rap, scream-o, hard core metal, country, and classical all rolled into one cd.
They killed brain cells for a good while till Sarah threw the cd out the window.
“Sarah, you’re the one who actually made that cd…” Brady frowned as he was liking the last song that was playing.
“And I hate myself for making it! Besides! We’re almost there!”
Kendal then suddenly started honking his horn loud and everyone minus Quinn poked their heads out the window to see Zane’s car. They all waved back inside and Kendal rolled down his window. Zane’s girlfriend did the same and Kendal yelled out to them saying that they all needed to kill time before they could check into the hotel.
“You guys go ahead and go hang out and we’ll meet you at four at the hotel, kay?” Kendal yelled.
They all shouted back a “have fun!” and zoomed off down the highway. Mori smiled and wished her brother a great time. Suddenly, her look changed as she could see the change in height of buildings. They slowly got taller and taller when suddenly they all were gigantic. Mori never realized how much she missed the city till she came back.
The van slowed in the city traffic and turned off to a parking garage. The van soon stopped and Vi crawled to the back and pushed Quinn out of the van. Mori asked Sarah why did they kidnap Quinn and she smiled saying that their parents said that Mori could invite one friend.
“By kidnapping?!” Quinn yelled as Vi got rid of the duck tape constraints.
His look suddenly changed as he took off the blind fold. Concrete walls surrounded all of us and cars were parked nicely in two rows. Noises of the city echoed loudly in the concrete parking garage, and a car zoomed past the group. Brady and Kendal had out the camera and were documenting his strange reaction to the concrete garage.
“I can’t wait till we go outside,” Brady snickered.
Kendal and Brady fist bumped and Mori rolled her eyes telling them to knock it off. Sarah delegated herself as the head of the gang and marched everyone outside. Buildings standing seventy stories and higher stood around us reflecting the cloudy sky on their glass windows. Sirens yelled and venders called on the streets selling hot dogs.
“Okay! As your ambassador to a fun birthday, we need to do something before we all can have the afternoon to ourselves,” Sarah spun around to the group, “Vi?”
Vi cleared her throat and stood on top of a bench, “Since my parents bought out the top salons in the city, we have all free access, thanks to my parents, to go to get our hair done!”
“Laaame,” Kendal and Brady chimed in together.
“What happened to laser tag?” Kendal frowned.
“That’s coming up soon!” Vi frowned punching Kendal in the arm, “the reason why I bring this up is that we have him with us!”
She pointed to Quinn who looked behind him confused. He demanded to know what was wrong with him and Sarah threw an arm around his shoulders. She explained bluntly that he looked like an Abercrombie model and that it was hurting their “artsy” look as a group. Quinn still had no idea what an Abercrombie was and Mori just rolled her eyes. She asked aloud saying that if that means that she can get a good haircut then she’s in.
The girls cheered as the guys moaned. Sarah reminded them that it was Mori’s day and they sluggishly followed after the girls. Once they got into the salon they were overwhelmed with workers.
“Vivian! Why did you let such a man walk into the shop? I told you that I don’t work anymore in the model business!” the hairdresser said with a gay tone to his voice.
Quinn backed up staying away from the man, but Vi stopped him, “Caddie, I need you to work your artistic magic and make this look good!”
Mori got up and showed the man what was hidden under the makeup and the man understood. He called out to his helpers and told them to get him washed up now. Mori watched as two women with pink hair took him away. Mori then was assigned to someone else and everyone disappeared into their own hairdressing worlds for a half hour.

“You look great!” Mori said as she attached the laser tag materials to her body.
“I feel violated, and my hair is short… mom is going to kill me…” Quinn grumbled as Mori helped him to put the suit on.
His hair had a slight fohawk to his now brown spiky hair. He still had his contacts in and had no makeup to hide the scars and freckles on his face. One of the hairdresser’s helpers showed a product that helped to slowly hide the impact of scars and Quinn already looked better. Kendal stuffed him in jeans and a cool top and now they were at the arcade. According to Sarah and Vi, Quinn now looked worthy to hang with the gang.
Mori looked up to see Vi strapped up and ready to play laser tag. She mouthed to Mori that she was going to annihilate her and Mori shook her head and mouthed “fat chance”. Quinn got the talk down by Sarah that he’s supposed to aim the gun and shoot at the suits on the front and back, and not get shot himself. The worker pressed the button to open the doors and they all ran inside.
Mori hid behind some of the strange space looking objects in the dark glow in the dark room. She grinned evilly hearing someone coming close and she turned to shoot. Brady was there and placed a hand over her mouth. He had a serious look on his face and Mori didn’t want to talk. She lowered her gun and frowned.
“What do you want?”
“You haven’t talked to me all day!”
“I just did.”
“Mori-”
“Oh, don’t you ‘Mori’ me. The last thing you told me before I moved was ‘I wish that we were never friends’. I wouldn’t have agreed to this event today if it involved you in it.”
“Mori, please, just hear me out.”
“Why should I? You didn’t hear me out before and after you… the next day I saw you with another girl. What happened Brady? Got over me that quickly?!”
“Oh, don’t give me that. I would have take it if you just said no, but you just went on talking about some old boyfriend that you had before.”
“I didn’t want to ruin a great friendship that we had, the last guy I dated got a lawyer to get a restraining order on me! After all of that has happened to me, I didn’t want anyone else hurting me!”
“So who’s this prep that you bring here?! I’ve known you ever since elementary school and you hate guys like that!”
“You can see that he’s not a prep!”
Mori pointed out to the laser tag center to see Quinn constantly being shot down by the others. He yelled out to them telling them to quit it and Vi’s evil laughter only rang out as she shot him again.
“Let me refine that, you’re in love with a guy who has MPD.”
“Will you quit it?!” Mori took the plastic gun and smacked him across the head with it, “I never wanted you involved in any love life of mine because I knew that you would act like this!”
Brady looked up at an angry Mori who shot him in his suit. She gave him a disgusted look and told him that she never wanted to speak to him again. She rose out of her hiding spot and exited out of the laser tag arena and out of the building. She heard footsteps behind her and yelled at the person to leave her alone.
“Mori…” she felt a large hand on her shoulder.
She turned around to see Quinn. She frowned and turned to walk off faster telling him that she just wanted to be alone. Quinn’s footsteps got quicker and soon they both were running. Instead of running in fury, the running turned into a game, the faster she ran, he ran faster till he was right behind her. Mori then ran across a cross walk in a busy intersection. Quinn stopped as a car honked at him and he ran back to the other side scared for his life. Mori turned around to see him back on the other side of the intersection and saw his fearful look. She smiled and walked back over to him when the crossing light changed back.
Mori wrapped her hand into Quinn's as she lead him across the crosswalk. His face turned a little pink as she showed him how to cross a busy intersection crosswalk. A car almost hit them again as it turned the corner and Quinn turned to run. Mori then squeezed his hand and shook her head just telling him to continue on. They were invincible as pedestrians in a city. They knew their limits, but a car wasn't going to stop them.
As they continued walking through the sidewalks and intersections they didn't even realize that they were still holding hands. Quinn pointed up to the skyscrapers astonished of their height. Mori laughed calling him a tourist, but he didn't mind. Everything was different about the world away from fairy tale high.
At the end of the day, Kendal found them and took Mori and Quinn to the hotel that they were to stay at. Mori saw York and ran up to him and hugged him.
“Happy Birthday, big brother!” she laughed as they looked up to the beautiful hotel building.
“Happy Birthday, little sister,” he smiled exhausted of his long day.

They traveled up to their separate rooms and all got ready for bed. Brady went home and Mori was regretful of what she did. It was her birthday, she could have toughed it out all day, but she let her anger slip and now she felt that she did something that she couldn’t undo.
“Mom- yes, I- no- MOM!” Quinn’s voice called from the hotel hallway.
He hanged up Kendal’s phone and gave it back to him with a growl. Kendal laughed and asked about his over protective mother. Quinn and Kendal shared their own “over protective/ruling” mother stories and laughed at the end. Kendal’s mom was very over protective of Kendal because he was a sick child when he was younger. Being the oldest she babied him for years till he couldn’t take it anymore. His mom always cries when Kendal does things they know that he could get killed by doing, but he does them anyway.
Sarah then called the gang into the kitchen area of the hotel and they all gave gifts to Mori for her birthday. Quinn apologized for not getting a gift and Mori told him that he didn’t have to. After some birthday room service, and a cheesy horror movie, everyone was off to bed. Before Mori went to bed, she called Quinn over and handed him a glasses case. He opened the unfamiliar case and saw some nice looking glasses.
They were designer branded glasses that had a square look to them rather than his ugly glasses that he would wear as UD. She asked him briefly weeks ago what his prescription was and remembered to call the glasses store on the way up to town. She ran inside a store to grab the glasses when Quinn thought that she was going to get a coffee. Thankfully, it didn’t take that long and she soon got the glasses. He looked up with a smile and she told him that she would get him better glasses. He smiled and thanked her graciously for the gift.
“You should really listen to what Kendal was saying about just being yourself, Quinn. Your mom can’t do anything to you to change who you are.”
“The problem is that I really don’t know who I am…” his eyes lowered.
She took off his ugly glasses and put the better pair on. His eyes adjusted and he looked at himself in a mirror.
“Why don’t you start with this? You’re not your brother, and you’re defiantly not an ugly duckling. You are just someone trying to find their shape.”
He looked different than before. He wasn’t like prince or UD. Mori felt that he finally looked like Quinn. He gave her an awkward side hug and wished her a happy birthday. They left to their rooms and Mori flopped down on a bed that she was sharing with a sleeping Sarah and Vi.
She smiled to herself and blushed a little after all of the events with Quinn that long day. She hoped that York had a great day and soon was drifting off to sleep hearing Sarah’s snoring. Soon everything blurred into black and Mori was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
long long long! sorry!

Get ready for the actual plot coming soon! :)