Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 22 - York

“Ooh Toto my little blossom!” Zane yelled as the door burst open and he walked in. York groaned as he turned his head away from the door and pulled his pillow over his head.

“Shut up Zane, you’re too loud in the morning. Why don’t you go annoy someone else?” York snapped as he saw something bright behind his closed eye lids. He opened his eyes a crack and saw Zane standing in front of the window pulling the shutters open. “Make yourself useful and go order room service or something and let me sleep.” He rolled over again so his back was facing the window.

“Room service, what’s that? Is that your new name for Vi now?” Zane asked as a metcalic click came as Zane moved across the room to the desk opposite the bed.

“Vi as the cook, you’ve got to be kidding me. That girl hasn’t touched a pan in her life. Why would she be cooking if we’re in a hotel anyway?” York asked as he rolled onto his back to see what Zane was doing. He saw his best friend standing at the desk in a nice pair of black pants and a crisp white dress shirt that was rolled up to his elbows. “What are you wearing anyway?”

“Toto, we’re not at a hotel. We’re at the villa and Vi has been our cook for over a year now.” Zane gave him a look as if to say that he was crazy. “And I always where this to school, are you feeling ok Toto, you’re acting really strange.”

“Why do you keep calling me Toto? I’m not that dumb dog from wizard of oz. There is no Dorothy running around in sparkly shoes with a basket.”

“There is actually a Dorothy; I can’t believe you would forget your own twin sister.” Zane said as York stared at him.

“Zane, my sisters name is Mori. Seriously, you’ve known us since fifth grade. Don’t you remember dorky little Mori tagging after us as we went for a bike ride?” York sighed as he sat up and noticed the room was different too.

The walls were painted in a pale yellow and had little cracks snaking up and down the walls. All the wood in the room including the head board and the desk was dark and old looking. It truly did look like a Spanish villa but York didn’t know how he had gotten there. He tired to remember but everything was hazy and the last thing he remembered was Zane kidnapping him from school and heading to the city for Mori and his birthday.

But Zane had said that they had lived in the villa for a year, and he didn’t know if the year had been since that time in the city or later than that. He really had no clue how long it had been and he was getting really confused. Everything seemed like it was set back in the past, everything looked antique to him but he bet that it was actually new to everyone else who was used to this weird place. There were no lights in the room but instead a few candles and oil lamps set on the table next to his bed and on the desk.

“Vi is making some of her famous pancakes for breakfast that should get you out of bed. Besides we’ll be late for school if you don’t get up.” Zane said pulling York from his thoughts. The mechanical clicking came again as Zane limped from the desk and headed over to the door. The metallic click came again and York realized that it was from the metal braces that were on Zane’s legs.

“You better hurry before I eat all the food,” Zane teased as he disappeared behind the door and the clicking faded.

Everything was becoming so weird to York as he stood and went to the closet that was in his room and saw that there were only the same kind of clothes that Zane had been wearing in there. He didn’t see any of his skinny jeans or his favorite pair of chucks, only dress pants in a few different colors and a few nice ironed shirts to go along with them. As he got dressed, he pulled on a pair of dark grey pants and a light blue shirt and a matching grey vest to go over the shirt. He fixed his hair which he found had actually returned to its normal brown color instead of the silver that he had once had, and to his dismay, the stupid dog ears were still there. But thankfully, he found a old looking fedora balancing on the corner of the chairs back that was neatly tucked beside the desk.

He loosened the collar of his shirt as he walked out of the room and down the hall to the courtyard where a large statue of Zane’s father stood in the middle of it. He saw people in the room across from the statue and headed in that direction hoping to find Mori there. Instead he actually found her standing in the courtyard looking around with a confused look on her face.

“Mori!” He called and she turned to see him walking over. She smiled as he walked through the hedge that was in his way but really didn’t care. He was just glad that his sister seemed to be as confused as he was at that point.

They said a few things to each other before Sarah appeared in some strange outfit that he had never seen before. He must have said something to tick her off since the next thing he knew he was falling into a empty tub in a bathroom. He muttered a few colorful words under his breath as he pulled himself out of the tub, which he was thankful that it wasn’t filled with water, and walked out of the bathroom.

Either Zane had been randomly walking by or somehow knew he was magically transported there since York found him standing there with a grin as he walked out into the hallway. He shot Zane a warning glance saying that he better not say anything and continued to walk past him as he hear the click as Zane followed. York wanted to ask Zane what had happened to him but told himself not to since he felt that it would upset his friend if he did.

He walked into the kitchen with Zane just as Mori appeared suddenly. There was a clock that began to chime and Sarah sighed and then waved the weird stick in her hand and York suddenly found himself in a barn with Mori beside him. He sighed as he looked around and tried to calm the twist in his stomach that was the after math of the sudden transportation that Sarah kept doing to him.

“You two better get to school before you’re late again!” Sarah called from somewhere outside as York looked to Mori before looking around for his bike.

“So do you know how to ride a horse?” Mori asked after they had looked unsuccessfully for his bike. He didn’t reply as he went to one of the stables and took the bit and pulled it into the horse’s mouth and then over its head to secure it. Taking the reins and guiding the brown and white horse out of the stable, he walked over to where the saddles were and pulled it off of its stand and then went to set it on the horse’s back. After he secured it and then checked to make sure it was on right, he looked to Mori who had been staring at him the whole time.

“Since when do you know how to saddle a horse?” She asked as someone came into the barn. They both looked to see Zane coming in with a smile on his face. “Zane’s here too?”

“Yes, you seem shocked Dorothy; I’m hurt that you would forget about me.” Zane replied pretending to act hurt.

“What happened to your legs?” Mori blurted out as York shot her a look and Zane’s face went dark. There was something that changed in his eyes that seemed to damper the sparkle that had once been there.

“You really don’t remember?” Zane asked looking to the twins. “That’s where your scar on your arm came from Dorothy and the scar on your cheek Toto.” Mori and York both looked to her arm and saw a long thin five inch white scar starting at her wrist and leading up to her elbow. York also touched his cheek and felt a scar leading from his ear to the corner of his lip. Zane must have seen the shocked expressions on their faces since he continued speaking since no one else was going to. “It was a carriage accident that we were in a year ago.”

“A accident?” York asked as he began to images flash in his mind. When he pulled his hand away from the scar, the images disappeared.

“You guys, I told you to get to school! What are you still doing here?” Sarah asked walking into the barn. They three of them sighed as York went over to the horse and got on helping Mori up also as Zane got his horse ready.

When Zane was ready and getting on his horse, the three of them said goodbye to Sarah who had been watching them to make sure they actually left that time. Once they were down the road and heading toward the school, York felt a little better. The villa must have been where his house had once been since it took only a few minutes to get to the school building. The building looked exactly like it had and this time the carriages didn’t look out of place as they entered the grounds.

Tying up their horses, they followed the flow of students into the building and found that it had changed on the inside. Everything had changed from the plush rich looking furniture to the chandelier that hung from the ceiling. Even the students seemed to have changed also. Thought the lockers were still there and when York found his locker and pulled the key out of his pocket, he found that everything on the inside had stayed the same.

All the drawings that he had put up at the beginning of the year were still there and even the same books. As he pulled out the books he needed he heard the clicks of Zane’s braces coming behind him. Turning just as he shut his locker, he saw Zane there with a stupid grin on his face that was nothing like the look he had had a few minutes ago when he was talking about the accident. Zane was about to say something then stopped when someone shoved into him making him stumble and knocking into York. York guess that after the accident, Zane’s legs were weak and needed the braces since his friend was now clutching him for support as he tried to stand.

“Watch where you’re going tin man,” The person who had bumped into Zane called as York helped his friend back onto his feet.

“What the hell man,” York said as he turned to look at the person and stopped as he saw the familiar face before him. There, with a smug grin on his face stood Prince right in front of him with all his friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was a really hard chapter for me to write. It took me about a day to finally figure out what to say in it and only since a few hours before I had listened to the song Memories by Panic! At The Disco and it gave me inspartaion.

As you can tell, offically things are picking up and Faydflowright and I are working out the last kinks in the main plot but we're going to spend a day talking about it!

Ooh and check out the song I mentioned, it's a great song! =}