Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 27- Mori

The world suddenly stopped moving. The nature around them stopped and even the motion inside the school stopped. And Mori knew that this man was causing it. This strange man, Sir Carter, the man that Quinn and Zee both mentioned, was standing right in front of us. Mori couldn’t help but place her hands into fists, ready to strike just in case he would attack them.

Quinn moved by Mori placing his arm in front of her so that she wouldn’t do anything rash. Mori and York gave the same cautious look and Sir Carter only laughed.
“It is so nice to finally meet you all!” he said with a smile, “I have been wanting to meet all the new students of this town for some time now, but I have been too busy with my work.”
He turned to Quinn and smiled asking how he and his brother were doing.
“I haven’t seen you two around for years. I thought that you all died!” he laughed at the disturbing phrase.
Mori couldn’t tell if he was serious or not. The older man placed a hand on Mori and York’s shoulders and shook them slightly. He told them that he would love to learn more about the twins if they would let him.
“Why would you want to?” York frowned.
“Oh, not just for me! For Stevenson! She has been waiting to meet you! Mr. Henderson, you have told these two about the Gemini project that Stevenson and I had worked on, haven’t you?”

Quinn didn’t answer. He only glared cautiously into Sir Carter’s blue eyes. Sir Carter laughed and patted his shoulder. He then suddenly turned to leave the way he came. He tossed something behind him that appeared in front of our eyes like magic. They were business cards that had his name on them.
“Please, when you get a chance, please come by the college and we can talk more. I would love to hear about your experiences. And I think you would love to hear about the Gemini project… if you are interested.”
He disappeared into the woods and the world went back to normal. Quinn growled and turned to York and Mori taking the cards and ripping them up.
“Don’t ever ever ever do anything with that man!”
“Wait… Quinn,” I said looking him in the eyes, “you were part of that Gemini project? The same one those men were talking about before when we were trapped?”
“You were trapped with him?”
York cocked an eyebrow and Quinn sighed. He looked back into the trees and guided them to the parking lot where all the students were leaving school. He turned around and said to us that he and Jesse were twelve when they were invited to meet with Stevenson for the first time. She was a nice woman who was a researcher and wanted to know more about people.

She started a project which was later titled the “Gemini Project” for she wanted to learn more about twins. She was mainly just trying to do more research on the closeness of the twins, but soon changed the project. She was telling them one day of the possibility of communicating with each other or even something greater. She never elaborated more than communicating and to two preteen boys, that sounded cool enough.
“However, something wrong happened when she wanted to finally test her project,” Quinn sighed, “I heard her arguing with Sir Carter about something in another room. The project was what they were arguing about, and apparently both had different ideas for what the project should be.”
He went on to say that she left him and continued with the project. The boys were scared unsure what the new technology was that they were introducing to them. Stevenson turned on the machines used for the project, and they buzzed as if they were working. Just as they were going to continue, the machines exploded violently and the entire science bay was destroyed.
Jessie and Quinn both woke a month later. Quinn was scared as he tried to save his brother and Jessie’s mind changed.

“It was like how you two came to the town and you thought that everything was strange. He saw the strangeness of the town and constantly argued with my parents about leaving.”
Quinn then said a year later he actually did run away and the last he heard was that he was living somewhere in a city on the other side of the country. Mori didn’t know what to think. She never heard this from Quinn before, but it was truly strange. That would be the cause of Quinn’s scars on his face and why his brother left, but what of Sir Carter.
“Wait, everyone had been saying at the office that Stevenson has been missing for a few months, not years!”
“See that was the strange thing, she was spotted for a while at board meetings and other occasions. However, it wasn’t her. It was like whoever or whatever was Stevenson was just a zombie.”
“But then,” York finally said, “where is Stevenson? Did she… die?”
Quinn laughed saying that was impossible. Most of the teachers and heads of the schools in this town were magical beings. An explosion wouldn’t have hurt Stevenson. Then Quinn added on that maybe Sir Carter had something to do with this.
Mori frowned not knowing where to go or what to do. If they actually went to Sir Carter, there was a twenty eighty chance that he may do two things: 20% chance of telling them what was going on and 80% chance that he would brainwash them or worse, kill them. Mori looked to York wanting him to just say that everything was going to be alright.
“If only there was a way to know more on what we’re getting into…” York frowned, “We just can’t go over there unaware on who this man is, but we just can’t wait around waiting to be brain washed again…”

Mori knew that if she got that video camera Zee stole, they would know the secrets of Sir Carter, but then he would spot them snooping around campus. If they got Zee and Todd, he would know that something is up. They needed to work with the people that they had now and try to find someone… someone who’s name is Stevenson…
“That hurt Bear!!”

Bear?
Mori looked around York to see two people carrying out cabinets that were from the lower basement room.
“I’m sorry!”
“If I break my foot, trying to lift these, you will have to carry me everywhere! Do you want to do that?”
“I’m sorry! I’ll be more careful!”
Mori saw that it was the same two people from before that she ran into in the club room. The woman’s hair was up in a pony tail as she squatted to pick up the cabinet that fell to the ground on the outside stairs. Mori turned her head to see a carriage full of other items from the basement.
The guy was sweating and took off his hat to wipe the sweat off his brow. He had black hair and innocent look on his face. They counted to three and picked up the cabinet again walking to the carriage.
“York…” York looked down at her, “that woman over there called me by ‘Mori’ than ‘Dorothy’…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bah... really don't like this chapter, but i had to get it going...

;) bear