Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 28 - York

York looked over to the two people that were there squabbling about not dropping the cabinets that they were carrying on the woman’s foot. Mori was freaking out about how the woman had called her by her real name and that she had called the man that she was working with Bear. The thing that York couldn’t understand was how that guys name was Bear. Even for a nickname the guy didn’t live up to the name. The man was really skinny and average height and didn’t have facial hair or anything at all that resembled a Bear. But when he caught the guys eye, he did see something familiar about him. He couldn’t place it really but the man reminded him of someone.

Mori was going on about something with a video camera and about Zee and Todd who she had explained that had graduated a year ago and were now going to the community college, where evidently Sir Carter was also. They had to figure this all out, the Gemini Project and the disappearance of the Stevenson. He knew that this town was strange; he just didn’t realize how strange it actually was. All this about skipping ahead months and years and strange teachers with magical powers, it was making his head hurt a little too much.

“Ok you know, we need to go all secret super ninja and go find Zee and Todd. They would know what to do. Besides, I want my camera back.” Mori pouted as they walked to where they had tied up their horses and found Zane with Kate there.

“Hey where did you disappear off to? It’s not like you to skip school like that.” Zane said as York laughed.

“You should have seen me when we first moved here and you wouldn’t be saying that.” York mumbled as he looked to Mori. “Let’s talk about this more at the house, we really don’t want to attract unwanted attention do we?” York glanced to the left where Prince and Ella were glaring at them. Mori quickly got up on the horse behind York and he followed Zane into the carriage traffic and waited until they got through the line and made their way home.

When they had the horses tied up in the barn and were walking back to the house, they saw Sarah standing at the door glaring at them as they walked up. She didn’t say anything as she stepped aside letting them inside and as they entered the kitchen that was right off the hallway from the door, they saw Vi sitting at a chair with her feet resting on the table with a magazine in hand. All Sarah did was wave her wand and the magazine Vi was holding disappeared and Vi started to complain.

They left Vi and Sarah to squabble as York mentioned going to his room to talk. When they got there, Mori flopped down on his bed and pulled the pillows under her head and yawned as York just rolled his eyes and sat next to her while Zane sat at the desk.

“Ok so what’s the plan? You said you wanted to get your camera back and talk to Zee and Todd. Do you know how we’re going to attempt that?” York asked looking to his sister.

“Um, I don’t know. I was thinking of going to the school tonight and finding them.” Mori replied sheepishly as York rolled his eyes.

“And how do you plan on sneaking past the glittery pink witch? Something tells me that that woman keeps one eye open when she sleeps at night.” Zane said as York snorted.

“Yeah only because she believes in aliens and conspiracies. Even if she thinks this strange world is normal, I know she’s still as crazy as ever.”

“Ok whatever I’ll get to that later. Right now we just have to make a plan to sneak out and head to the school. The main thing is to not let Sir Carter know that we’re there. That man scares the crap out of me.” Mori shivered and picked at the blanket that was now half covering her.

They agreed on the plan and waited until after dinner to get ready. Mori was nowhere to be seen as York and Zane got ready putting on some old clothes and putting together a bag of some things they might need. Once the sun set and Vi and Sarah wished them a goodnight, they waited a half hour before sneaking out of the room and heading down the hall to the door.

As they did, they passed the kitchen and York saw Sarah passed out on the table. She was sitting in a chair and was slumped over with her head laying on the table with a puddle of drool circling around her open mouth. She was snoring loudly and York figured she wouldn’t wake up even if a tornado passed the house.

“What did you do to her?” York whispered to his sister as Mori gave one of her famous evil smiles.

“Nothing that concerns you Yorkie,” She replied as he glared at her and opened the front door. When they were outside, they made their way to the barn where they had left the horses already saddled from when they had rode them earlier that day. That time, Mori had her own horse so it would be easier since they didn’t know how long the ride was going to be.

“Alright are we all ready!?” York asked as he lead the horse out of the barn and to the road with the others next to him. When they were getting on to the road, they saw another horse approaching and started to freak out a little until they saw that it was Quinn coming up.

“What are you doing here?” Mori asked excitedly as Quinn returned the smile Mori had gave him.

“I knew you guys were up to something and decided to join. I need a good adventure every now and then and we really need to figure out what’s going on.” He replied as they started down the road. “Besides, I know where the school is, which will probably save you guys some time.”

They followed Quinn down the road and actually found that the school was a little over twice the distance of the high school in the opposite direction. There was a tall eight foot fence that surrounded the school and they all easily climbed over it and dropped down to the other side on the well kept grass. There were a few lights on the tall building, and a few were the doors were. They decided to find a different door beside the front since that would just be stupid walking through the front door when they weren’t students and Carter was the headmaster.

When they found a door off to the side, they found it was locked but York quickly picked the lock much like he had done to his sister’s door the first day of school. It opened easily after a littler persuasion and a few swear words from York and they walked into the dark hallway. They followed the hallway down until they got to a well lit hallway and then saw that it was a dorm.

“Great now how do we find Zee?” York asked as he looked down the hallway to see if anyone was coming.

“Um maybe just ask her,” Mori replied as she pointed to the left. York followed her gaze and saw a elderly lady sitting at a desk reading a book. Before York could protest and say what a bad idea it was, Mori was already walking toward the woman. He tried to stop her but it was too late and the woman had already saw her.

“May I help you?” The woman asked in a snotty voice. York held his breath as he waited for the woman to press some kind of alarm and some burly men came running to them and tackling them like a pro football player. But it actually didn’t happen, Mori began to talk to the woman, and either Mori was really persuasive or the woman was just that stupid.

“Room 225,” More replied with a smug expression on her face. York rolled his eyes and thanked her as they found out how close they were. They found that they were in the 100-199 section and figured that Zee’s room would be on the next floor up.

Finding a stair case, they headed up the stairs and when they reached the floor, they cautiously opened the door to see if anyone was there. When the hallway was clear, they all walked out of the staircase and then headed down the hall following the numbers to find the room they were looking for. When they did find the room, everyone looked to Mori and she took a deep breath before raising her hand and knocking on the door. At first nothing happened but then the door slowly opened and a girl appeared at the door.

“Emilee this had better be very important or I’m going to,” The girl started to say then stopped when she looked at them. “Mori?”

“Hey Zee,” Mori replied as she hugged her friend tightly. “I’m so glad we found you.” She replied as they let go of the hug and Zee glanced down the hallway.

“I can’t believe you’re here, but you better come in before anyone sees you.” Zee replied as she stepped aside and let them in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness, this is going soo fast! I can't believe it. I was so excited when I read Faydflowrights chapter today to see how many readers and subscribers we have already and also got some comments too! AMAZING!

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting! I couldn't believe we got our first comments today. I'm sorry I know I should starstruck but this is amazing! Lol

Ok I'll stop now and focus on writing! More chapters should be up soon so keep watch and continue commenting and subscribing! =}