Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 30 - York

The next few days seemed like a blur to York, then suddenly that Friday a sudden field trip was announced. The whole senior class, including the tower class, was going to tour the community college to get a feel for one of the options for college. Only, at their school it was highly encouraged and assumed that the students would go to the community college once they graduated.

“Dude what is your problem?” Zane asked as they stood outside the school and waited for the huge carriages that were going to take them to the school. Unfortunately, they had to dress up so York found himself wearing a tie, which he had been yanking on ever since he had put it on that morning.

“I hate ties,” York muttered as Gretta laughed and swatted his hand away from it. She untied it and pulled it around her neck tying it into a bow and letting it hang loosely there. “Looks better on you than me you know.”

“You’re just saying that so you don’t have to wear it.” Gretta replied as York shrugged with a grin.

“Hey York, what if we run into Todd and Zee again?” Mori asked as he shrugged and through of his son again. He was still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that he had a kid and was married in the year 2035, he would be 43. He wondered what his wife was like and if he had already met her. What was their wedding like and how old had they been? Was he successful and did do the same things he did now?

“Ooh Toto!” A voice called and that time York didn’t even have to turn around to see who was coming. The girl’s voice was like a tornado siren warning him to duck and cover. His arm was suddenly pulled as she wrapped her arms around him and York shot Mori a glare as she started to laugh.

“Ella what do you want?” York asked as he noticed that Gretta was making some distance between them and walking to where the other tower kids were waiting. “Wait Gretta,”

“Oh Toto forget about that tower class girl. She’s nothing,” Ella replied as she ran a finger down York’s cheek. “Anyway I came over here to ask you if you wanted to sit together on the,” She started but York pulled his arm free of her grip.

“Ella leave me alone,” York said as he started to walk away leaving the stunned Ella behind as he looked for Gretta. When he found her he realized that Mori, Zane, and Quinn had followed behind but gave them some space as he explained the ‘Ella Situation’ to Gretta.

When the carriages arrived, York saw that they were actually long carriages that could hold about ten kids. Thankfully, the group found a carriage that they could share and piled in and waited to leave. They were one of the only people in the carriage besides some tower kids that Gretta and Quinn seemed to know. After what seemed forever after herding all the students into the carriages, they finally left and after about fifteen minutes arrived at the college.

The door opened to their carriage and the boys got out first and helped the girls out and looked around the campus. York noticed that it was much different during the day than at night. At night it seemed creepy and gloomy but during the day, it was beautiful. There was plush perfect looking grass and trees with bushes. The building itself was built of dark old looking brick and had four stories and a huge double doors at the front with the name carved in stone above them. There were large windows scattered a few feet from one another on each level along with a beautiful stone décor around them.

“Um wow, was this the same place we were a few nights ago?” Mori asked as Quinn nodded. They followed their class toward the building and walked inside the building to see Sir Carter standing there with a grin and in very expensive over the top looking clothes.

“Welcome seniors, to your future.” He said with a growing smile. York swore that when Carter looked their way, there was a flash of something in his eyes. He didn’t know what it was but it made York feel uncomfortable as Carter went on with his speech.

Finally once the speech was done, Carter introduced some of the students and explained that they would be dividing the class up and taking groups of ten in tours. Each group was given two guides, usually turning out to be one guy and one girl. York wasn’t paying attention as their two guides walked up but was instead was looking around the hallway they were in.

“Hello everyone, my name is Zee. I’ll be your happy happy tour guide today. And this is my partner in crime Todd.” York was pulled from his thoughts to in fact see Zee and Todd there standing in front of them. He noticed that Mori had the exact same expression on her face as she saw them there.

“Zee!” Mori yelled as she ran up to the girl and hugged her. Thankfully their group consisted of Zane, Quinn, Kate, and Gretta so they had nothing to worry about.

“Umm hey, Mo…ri,” Zee replied as York notice that she had almost called her mom. York held back a laugh as he noticed the look Todd had. The poor kid looked like he had seen a ghost as he stared at Gretta and him; York didn’t really know why but was getting a little freaked out about it.

“Todd are you alright?” York asked as Todd looked up and tried to smile the best he could. His blond hair was a mess as if he had woken up and gotten dressed forgetting about his hair and his blue eyes seemed confused.

“Um yes fine,” Todd replied as he glanced at Gretta one last time before turning to Zee who was trying to get his attention.

“You know him?” Gretta asked as York shrugged and followed the rest of the group as they started to head down the hall.

“You could say that,” He muttered as he realized that they were walking into a dark room. When the group was in, Zee flicked on a light and York realized that they were in a supply closet. “Some tour you’ve got here Zee.”

“Shut up,” Zee replied then realized who she said it to and bit her lip. “Anyway, I think I found where the video camera is.”

“You what!? Zee I thought you said you couldn’t help us.” Mori replied glaring at the girl.

“Oh if I haven’t seen THAT look a billion times,” Zee replied as she rolled her eyes and Mori. Todd sighed as he rest a hand on his cousins shoulder before going on.

“Anyway, we know what we said before. We really can’t help much but after you left, we realized that we might know where the camera is.”

“And where might that be?” Mori asked and York noticed she was still glaring at her daughter. York put a hand on his sister’s shoulder and he gave her a look suggesting she should ease up on the girl a little. Mori sighed and broke the eye contact as Zee went on.

“In Carter’s office, we can’t help you get it but we’ll show you where it is.” They all agreed and followed the two out of the storage closet and down the hall in the opposite direction they had been going. Turning into different halls they followed the two until the halls got darker and less occupied until Zee stopped at one of the doors.

“Well York, want to use your super amazing pick lock skills here?” Zane asked as he looked to his best friend and smiled. York pulled out a few paper clips that he carried in his pocket and kneeled down in front of the door and untwisted the paper clips and slid them into the lock. Twisting them around and maneuvering them until the faint click came, he smiled and nodded as he pulled the clips out and stood.

“You have to teach me your trick someday,” Todd said as York laughed and didn’t say anything else as Zane turned the knob and opened the door slightly. When they saw that no one was in there and nothing was going to pop out at them they started to go in, but Mori and York stopped when they realized that Todd and Zee weren’t following.

“We can’t help anymore, it’s time for us to go for now.” Zee said as Mori nodded and pulled her into a hug. York looked to Todd and smiled as he reached a hand out and he took in and they squeezed each other’s hands.

“See you later,” York said as Todd smiled.

“Much later,” He replied as they let go and Todd nodded to Zee and they began to walk away. Both the twins waited a few more seconds before walking in after the rest of the group and walked into the large office.

Zane glanced up when they walked in and smiled as he returned to the papers he had been looking at. York figured that he would cover the walls and bookcases since the three others were at the desk. Tapping Mori on the shoulder, he pointed to one of the bookcases and she nodded and turned to check it out. York went to the other one and began to pull some books and check the little boxes to see if there was a key or camera anywhere.

When there was no luck, he was about to go to the next bookcase when something caught his eye. Right next to the bookcase that he had just searched, he saw a large picture frame that hung on the wall. Like every movie there was, there was always a safe hidden behind the picture and York noticed some space between the back of the frame and the wall. When he went to examine it better, he realized that there were hinges at one side of the frame. Taking the frame and pulling it from the wall, the frame swung away to show a large safe hidden behind it.

“Hey guys, I think I found it.” York said as the noise of the search stopped as everyone turned to him. Zane came up next to him and handed him a new pair of paper clips and York smiled as he took them and began his handy work again.

The safe was harder to bust open but after some swearing and patience, he finally did it. When the familiar click came, he smiled to himself and then twisted the handle down and opened the door. Inside were a few different things scattered on the double shelves but he saw the small square shape of the video camera and paper rolled up that looked like blue prints.

Mori smiled as she reached in and grabbed her camera and cuddled it close as York pulled the papers out and saw that they were in fact the blue prints that Zee had told them about. Going over to the desk and flattening them out, he noticed that there was the word Lab written in large white letters at the top of the blue sheets. Zane and he shared a looked before they both straightened to look at the others.

“Ok so we know where we’re going next,” York said with a smile as they quickly packed the things up and got out of the office before they were seen. They found their class quickly just as they were getting ready to leave to go back to the high school and get back to their classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kind of long but I needed to get some info out and get this story going some more. Even though this will be the last chapter that Zee and Todd are in, they might be appearing somewhere else *hint hint*. It's not offical yet and still a work in progress but it might just happen!

So keep reading, comment and subscibe to your little hearts desire! =}