Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 34 - York

When Mori suddenly ran out of the shop, York rolled his eyes as he got up to follow after his sister. Finally once he was outside, he found his sister across the street talking to the same guy she had been talking to before. As they were talking, the others followed behind him and Mori finished up the conversation they were having and turned to face the others with a huge smile on her face.

“Guys I think I found our distraction!” Mori yelled as she crossed the street again and came over to them. “Ok so you know the festival that’s going to happen tomorrow night? Well there are fireworks involved.” When she said that, York groaned as he saw the devilish smile that followed.

“Mori,” York was starting to say when she turned and called Jinx over to them again. She started to drill the poor kid on the exact time and place each of the fireworks were going to be set off. Once she had gotten what she wanted, she hugged the boy and dismissed him. As Mori had been talking to him, York couldn’t help but notice the looks Quinn was giving Jinx. He wanted to burst out in laughter and the love triangle but forced himself not to.

They all retreated back to the villa to go over their distraction and invited Stevenson and Bear to come along but they declined. Olivia explained that she really couldn’t help any but wished them luck and asked if she had been enough help in explaining things to them. They had agreed even though York would have appreciated a little more help since they were going to split up the group. They had decided on Zane, Gretta, and Quinn staying in town and being the distraction while Mori and he went up to find the lab.

After they had gone back to the villa they had decided to take a ride out and find the hill where the lab would be on. They decided to check in town first and didn’t find any hills far enough away and secluded for a secret lab to be on. The York remembered the random creeping looking hill a few miles behind the college. When they went to check it out, they saw little things sticking up on top of the hill and figured that that was it.

When they got back to the villa for the night, they all went to York’s room to devise a good distraction. After working on it for a few hours and getting a good head start in it, they decided to sleep on it since it was getting really late. Gretta and Quinn stayed over in the guest rooms so that they could get right back to work in the morning.

Waking up and eating, they all surrounded around the huge dining table in the house. York and Mori were busy memorizing the blue prints to the lab on one end of the table, and Zane, Gretta, and Quinn were finishing their plan for the distraction. They had little distraction except when Vi and Sarah got bored and came to bug Mori, but besides that they dedicated the whole day to the plan.

Then the time of the festival finally came…

“Alright I think this is it,” Zane said as York turned from where he had been saddling his horse to look at his best friend. They were just about to leave for the festival and they were preparing their horses to go.

“Looks like it,” York replied as he finished what he was doing and made his way over to where Zane and Gretta were. The three of them were going to take their own horses into town while York and Mori were going to share one horse so they didn’t get split up if anything happened. “Take care of yourselves!” York said as he pulled Zane into a hug.

“Same to you York, make sure you come back in one piece.” Zane said smiling trying to lighten the tense mood. York knew that his best friend meant it though and knew the dangers that could happen.

“York, please be safe!” Gretta said as she smiled up to him and he noticed a faint blush come to her cheeks before she went on. “I love you,”

York blushed also as he smiled and leaned in close to her, “I love you too, and I promise.” He replied as he gently touched his lips to hers and kissed her. When they parted, York could feel Zane staring at them and blushed more as he avoided his eye contacted and looked back down to Gretta.

“Looks like you two aren’t the only ones making a move,” Zane muttered as York looked over to see Quinn pulling Mori over to him and kissing her. York laughed and gave Mori a thumbs up when she looked over to him and she blushed even deeper.

They said their last goodbyes as they got on the horses and went to opposite ways. York steered the horse down the road to the college where they had found the hill that they had figured was where the lab was. When they got to the college, they got off the horse and tied him up on a tree in the woods that were next to the hill. They traveled up the hill about halfway so that they could get a good view of the town and wait for the signal for them to go. They found a place to hide on the wooded hill and waited and watched for the threesome’s handy work back in town.

Finally it came, first a really loud boom followed by a flash of fire coming from the town. Then yelling followed as people ran through the woods of the hill downwards toward the town. York figured that they were guards of Carters and pulled himself down to lay on his stomach and hide behind a bush with Mori right next to him as the guards flew past him.

When no more noise was heard and they waited a few moments more, they got up and made their way up the hill just as another set of booms came from below them and more shouting. But that time the noise came from the town as people started to panic at the fireworks that were being set off too early. Jinx had told Mori that the fireworks were scheduled to go off at dusk but it wasn’t even close to that time and the sun still hung in the sky slowly making its way toward the horizon.

The twins rushed up the hill and when they reached the top, they began to look for the secret door that had been on the blue prints that led into the lab. Finally Mori called him telling him that she had found it and together they pulled all the leaves and twigs away before York used his pick lock skills to open the door.

When the click came announcing that it was open, they shared a quick look at each other to make sure that they were ready before he twisted the handle and pulled it open. The entrance was dark save for a dim light set up every few feet down giving only a little glimpse of the latter. York stood and started to go down the latter first and he heard Mori take a deep breath before she followed behind and shut the door over her…
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww... This is probably going to be my very last chapter up besides the very last part where we're going to do a little epilouge type deal! I'm so happy on how well this story went and can't wait for the next part to start... And yes I just revealed that the story shall go on! =}

http://stories.mibba.com/read/390169/Zee-and-Todd/ So here it is, but don't look at it unless you want the ending somewhat ruined. This is just as a heads up for you guys to know that there is going to be a sequel! =}

Thank you guys soooo much for reading this! Please feel free to comment and subscribe to the new story! ENJOY!