Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Epilouge - York

York woke suddenly from the dream he was having. The dream had been really vivid of him reliving the past. It had been 25 years since the Sir Carter incident and it seemed that every night when he fell asleep, he relived the past only his son was now a part of his memories. Todd had already been gone almost a day with his cousin and partner in crime Zee and the only way he knew Todd was alright was through his memories.

Next to him, York’s wife stirred under the covers as he stood up and quietly walked out of the room. He had grabbed his cell phone and made his way to the kitchen to get a glass of water as he flipped the phone open and dialed the number that he had been calling almost every day. Putting the phone up to his ear he waited to see if the person at the other end would pick up finally. Then he heard a ring come from another room in the house, figuring he dialed the wrong number, he hung up quickly so that he didn’t wake his wife or younger son.

Once he hung up, he dialed the number again making sure he had the right one. As he put the phone up to his ear again, he heard the ringing come again. That time, he didn’t hang up but kept the phone to his ear and walked toward the hallway to where his son’s room was. As he pushed the door open, he saw Todd laying on the bed reaching over for his phone. York sighed in relief as he flipped the phone shut and walked into the room.

“Todd,” York said as the boy looked behind him and looked totally guilty. “Did you just get back?”

“Oh yeah, you finally saved the town.” Todd replied as York laughed, sitting next to his son on the bed. “What year is it?”

“2035,” York replied as he gave his son a worried look. “You’ve only been gone a day son,”

“Whoa, when we went back we were there for almost two years. How freaked out is mom? I bet it wasn’t a pretty sight yesterday.”

“No it wasn’t, your mother was pretty upset but your Aunt Mori was the one we were worrying about. She was flipping a lid yesterday.”

“That must have been fun to be around.” Todd sighed as he pulled the phone out that he must have taken with him. York noticed that the boy’s hair had grown long and the blond locks covered his forehead and were starting to get in his eyes. He figured that in the two years he had been gone, he took advantage of not being nagged about getting his hair cut all the time by his mother.

York could hear footsteps coming from one of the rooms down the hall and he looked up to see his younger son Benjamin walking towards them. The boy seemed almost as if he was sleepwalking as he looked up to see York and Todd talking. Ben came into the room without saying anything and flopped down on the bed next to his brother.

“Good to see you too Ben,” Todd said as Ben rolled his eyes at his older brother. Ben was only three years younger than Todd and was begging York to teach him how to ride his bike when he got his license in a year and a half.

“Mmm, where’d you go?” Ben mumbled as he yawned and grabbed a pillow from under his older brother’s head and put it under his own.

“In the past to see dad and Aunt Mori when they were younger,” Todd replied with a tone that sounded if it were something normal that he did.

“Are you serious!?” The boy asked as he snapped out of his sleepiness and looked to his brother with wide eyes. “What was it like? How long were you there? Did you just peak and come back home?”

“Um no, I was there for over a year. Then we finally came back once Dad and Aunt Mori saved the whole town with Uncle Zane and a few other friends.”

“You saved the town?” Ben asked giving York a questionable look. He had to laugh at his sons reaction wondering why it was so unbelievable that he saved the town once.

“Dad and Aunt Mo were epic! There was this bad guy who was trying to take away all the technology in the world and put it back in the past. Then Dad and Aunt Mo came in and saved the day.” Todd explained getting really excited as he told his little brother.

“They wanted to take away all the technology? Like computers and cars?” Ben asked as York nodded.

“Yes including my bike,” York said as Todd laughed and nodded.

“And Dad’s bike, you should have seen him he was acting like a baby.” Todd said as Ben laughed. York just rolled his eyes as he heard a door open and looked down the hall to see his wife coming toward them. When she saw that Todd was back, her eyes became wide and she quickly came in and wrapped her arms around him.

“Todd thank God you’re back,” She breathed as she let him go and smiled with teary eyes. York smiled as he stood giving her his spot and kissed her cheek lightly. “Why didn’t you come back with Jack? What were you thinking?”

“We were going to, but he got there around the time before everything changed to the past. It messed with the machine and sent Jack back without us and the signal was too weak for us to come back. So we had to wait for Dad and Aunt Mo to get rid of Carter.”

“You were gone for a year?” His mother asked as Todd nodded knowing that he was going to have to explain further.

“More like a year and a half, we got there around the same time Dad first moved to the town with Grandma and Grandpa. Then when Carter launched his attack, we sort of woke from a daze after a year and realized that something was going on. We talked to Dad and Aunt Mo about it and helped them the best we could to help them fix it. Then once they destroyed the dish, we came back. Carter had a sort of force field in the town that was messing with the signal to take us home and once the dish was destroyed we instantly came back.”

“I’m so glad you’re home safe,” She said as she pulled him in for another hug. “But Todd, I must say. You didn’t do a very good job of keeping your hair up. It’s getting kind of long.” York laughed knowing that it was going to come up some time after she realized he had come back.

The suddenly, the doorbell rang and York and his wife shared a look before he got up and made his way down the hall. He heard voices on the other side of the door and unlocked and twisted the know pulling it open. First he saw his Niece Zee standing there then saw his sister next to her husband.

“Is Todd back?” Mo asked as York nodded as he let them in. By then, his family had come into the living room and Zee was heading over to where Todd was and talking to him quietly. “We came for a family meeting,”

“Figured as much,” York mumbled as he shut the door and followed them in the room and sat next to his wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is it for my part, I had a ton of fun writing this and hope that you all enjoyed it! And if you don't already know, there is a sequel to this called Zee and Todd... --> http://stories.mibba.com/read/390169/Zee-and-Todd/ Or there is the little link button at the top right side of this page!

Faydflowright is going to be writing Zee and I will be writing Todd which is kind of a nobrainer but just thought I might add that!

So feel free to subscribe and comment on the new story as well! Thank you all again for reading and commenting! See you in the next story! =}