Sequel: Zee and Todd

York and Mori

Chapter 4- Mori

Mori almost felt at home as she walked into the school. It was loud and the people she saw all dressed nice. Back at the school in the city, everyone wore the top brands. York and his friends were the kinds of people who had some fun with their outfits while Mori blended in with the others. She didn’t have the money for the expensive clothes, but she could pull off the look quite well. She wore a long plaid shirt dress that she finished off with her dark washed jeans and flats.
As she walked inside the school once again, she noticed a red carpet on the ground. She didn’t notice it before and when she lifted her eyes she saw a small group of girls whispering at each other. She frowned wondering what their problem was when she heard a voice behind her.
“Hey watch where you’re going!”
She turned around and saw three guys. One was taller than her brother, like super tall, and the other two were about York’s height. They looked like models that fell out of a magazine and Mori blushed a bit seeing the blonde one in front talking to her brother. She hid behind York to hide her blush marks, and she was starting to feel uncomfortable with the blonde’s flirty looks at her.
“New here?” The Blonde guy asked looking at Mori as York kept a sturdy eye on the guy, “What’s your name? and who’s this little cutie.”
Mori didn’t say anything. York got talking and the blonde introduced himself as “Prince Charming”. York made fun of the guy, but the blonde took it as a compliment. His movements and the way how the blonde talked made Mori feel sick. He was vain and full of himself. York pushed away from the conversation and started to walk ahead taking Mori with him.
Mori took out her camera with one hand and quickly snapped a picture of the blonde and his group.
“WHAT WAS THAT LIGHT?!” Prince yelled from the flash of her camera.
York didn’t hear him but Mori thought that he was going to have a heart attack. She remembered back again how this wasn’t like her old school and that the people were strange here. They disappeared into the crowd before Prince could figure out what the light was.
They then went into the strange office that they were in a week ago. Mori looked at the door of the old man’s office. Headmaster Stevenson was out and they had to meet with the second in charge. Mori shivered at the thought of the man. Mori then came back to the office where York was talking to a woman at the desk about our schedules. The woman left to grab their schedules and Mori took a few more pictures of the room.
“What are you doing?”
“Documenting my misery.”
York was about to laugh when the woman came back. They both left quickly and started to travel down the quiet hallway looking at each other’s schedules. They had only three classes together and lunch wasn’t one of them. Mori was glad none the less that she was still able to be with her brother for… Etiquette class… Science… and Other. The man told her about the classes briefly but she still never understood what the “other” meant. She saw her locker number on the paper and wandered ahead to the locker taking another picture along the way.
The locker was wooden rather than metal and where the combo lock should have been, a skeleton key lock remained. She unlocked the locker to see a perfect looking locker with books upright and nice. She took another picture and shuffled around in her bag for something. She pulled out the picture of her friends back in the city and stuck it on the locker door. At least they would be with her on this adventure.
“Well guys, you better protect this locker with your lives,” Mori said to the picture.
She sighed and grabbed her book for Etiquette class and was about to close it when York came around. They then went off to the first class, thankfully they found an elevator to get up to the top floor.
Both of them were nervous to get into the class room. Mori wasn’t liking the idea of an Etiquette class. Since when did any school had an Etiquette class? It was so strange. When York and Mori walked into the room the teacher was already teaching. The whole class was standing up in groups of two. The teacher had big hair tied into a bun and was in her fifties. She wore a long elegant dress and she talked with a British accent. She suddenly stopped and everyone looked back to the twins.
“About time you joined us…Ashers,” she said looking at her attendance book.
“We’re sorry for being late…” York said being the brave one, “it took us a bit to find the elevator…”
The class snickered and the teacher hushed them. She clapped her hands and they all looked to her.
“Now don’t be rude class, these two will now be part of our class. You two came just in time, we were just about to learn the Waltz.”
Mori’s eye twitched and she took a step back. She didn’t dance, not even the jumping around and going crazy dancing. York put his hand behind her to prevent her from escaping out the door. York knew that they had to do this no matter what, but Mori didn’t want to be there.
“Ah… Prince will you please take Moria as your partner today-”
“What?!” His partner currently snapped, “Mrs. Vivian! He’s been my partner all semester!”
“Ella, what did we learn about talking back to authority?”
The whole class responded with the correct quote the teacher probably told them a few million times. Mori and York made eye contact with each other and cocked an eyebrow. Prince, the blonde guy from before, was in her class. She frowned as he looked to her with a flirty smile. The blonde girl that he was with her, following the teacher’s orders, walked over to the twins with Prince.
“York, you will take Ella as your partner.”
She gave a smile but her eyes were filled with hate. She wore a nice dress and had the perfect body that any girl dreamed for. Prince took Mori’s hand when she was paying attention to York and Ella. She whipped her head back toward him as he kissed her hand telling her that she looked beautiful. Mori tried to yank out her hand but then noticed his tight grip on her hand. He took her over to where he was before and the teacher went back to teaching.
She taught the class the proper position on how to stand for the waltz and Prince was being a bit too friendly with Mori. To keep the beat for the basic steps for the dance, Mrs. Vivian put some music on and the class began to dance. Mori almost tripped a few times but Prince kept her moving. She actually was starting to have fun in the simple moves until he opened his mouth.
“So what star did you fall from? Because your eyes shine like the night sky.”
“Oh, shut up.”
Mori felt an evil glare from Ella as she passed by with York.
“What?” he said as they did the moves again, “you are beautiful.”
“And you look like you fell out of an Abercrombie magazine.”
“What’s that?”
Mori stared at him with a “seriously” look and finally was able to get out of his tight grasp. He looked almost hurt. He pulled her back quickly and had more of a serious look on his face.
“You’re playing hard to get aren’t you?”
“No, you’re just a push over. Let go.”
“Big smiles!” Mrs. Vivian said passing the two of them.
Mori and Prince gave fake smiles as they danced again.
“What’s it going to take for you to crack?” He said through his perfect smile.
“Sorry, I’m not attracted to a man who actually irons his clothes and wears perfume.”
His smile changed and his eye gave a slight twitch. The bell then started to ring and Mrs. Vivian stopped the music. Prince and Mori both broke away from each other once the music clicked off and Mrs. Vivian clapped at the class.
“Now all of you, properly bid off your partners and you may leave, remember to read the next chapter in your book for tomorrow!”
Prince’s back was to Mori and he turned around not thrilled to bid her good-bye. He took her hand and kissed it.
“Till we meet again, ma’am,” he quoted sounding proper.
“Say cheese.”
He looked up confused on what Mori was saying. Mori had her camera in her other hand and she snapped a picture of the guy. The flash went off and Prince went crazy. He yelled rubbing his eyes and almost fell to the floor. Ella caught him before he fell to the ground and Mori looked at the picture she took.
“What did you do to him?!” Ella yelled.
Prince blinked a few times freaking out to see the flash of lights still in his eyes. Mori gave a smile and showed the picture she took.
“This is going to be the cover of my misery filled day.”
“You… you stole my soul!” Prince yelled crawling back a bit seeing the picture of himself in her camera.
Mori looked at the camera confused and Prince looked terrified. He grabbed his bag and took Ella by the wrist and ran out of the room as fast as he could. York walked up to Mori and asked what that all was about. Mori only smiled and kept her camera close. Prince won’t be bugging her anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY! I POSTED THESE WRONG!! D: FORGIVE ME!!