Revenge

Chapter Four

Caleb’s pov
I fell asleep that night after hearing the plan with nightmares. Part of me wanted to say no but the other half of me wanted to have their heads over my fireplace.

“Caleb sweetheart are you okay?” My mom asked opening the door to my room.

“Yeah mom, I’m fine. Goodnight.” I faked a smile and turned away from her.

“Oh sweetheart a girl called.” Mom giggled.

“What? Who was it?” I asked shooting upward.

Mom laughed at me then spoke, “Said her name was Verona.”

“What’d she want?” I asked feeling butterflies in my stomach. (How lame does that sound?)

“We’ll she said tomorrow after school you can come to her house for your study date.” Mom winked.

She lived on the belief that study dates weren’t really study dates.

“Mom.” I groaned hiding under my covers.

“Aw my little baby’s growing up.” She cooed before saying goodnight, but before she shut the door she stopped, “Remember to wear a jimmy hat.”

“Mom!” I yelled pointing for her to leave.

She just cackled and shut the door. Soon after she had left I buried my face in my pillow. I don’t think anyone else’s mom could be more embarrassing then mine. My mom was always making jokes about me and girls. She knew about my crush on Verona only because she had read my journal. Yes I used to write in a journal, not a diary a journal! There is a difference. Diary’s are for girls and journals are for boys but there’s no way you could get that through my mom’s thick skull.

***

When I woke up it only took me a matter of minutes to realize that today I had to ask Amie out today. It made my stomach a bit sick not only because she was the school slut and no one really knew where she had been but because it could ruin my chances with Verona. She may act like a cold hard bitch on the outside but I knew somewhere deep, and I mean deep down inside of her she’s a good person.

“Breakfast!” Mom called from the kitchen.

I walked out of my room after quickly spraying myself with AXE body spray. In the kitchen was my mom’s newest boyfriend (or boy toy as she likes to call them.)

“Caleb, this is Robert.” Mom pointed to the new guy sitting in my spot at the table.

Robert glanced up at me then dug into his food as if he hadn’t eaten in centuries. I made a disgusted face at him then shook my head.

“I’ll be out late.” I said before grabbing my back pack and walking out of the front doors.

It was a thirty minute walk to school or it would have been if a familiar mustang hadn’t pulled up beside me.

“Wanna ride?” Verona asked rolling down the passenger side window.

I shrugged and got in, “You know you don’t have to pity me cause I don’t have a car.”

“Who said I was taking pity on you? Trust me I don’t take pity on anyone, haven’t you heard?” Verona rolled her eyes and sped off.

I flung back into the seat as she sped up, I would be utterly surprised if she hadn’t had a speeding record yet. As we neared the school parking lot Verona swerved the car, cutting off one of the seniors. The car skidded sideways and stopped perfectly in a vacant parking spot. I had my eyes shut tightly trying not to think about puking.

“Pretty damn good driver, huh?” Verona smirked.

I opened my eyes and bolted out of the car to hurl in the nearest trash can. Soon enough I felt someone rub my back soothingly. When I finished I found Verona rubbing my back.

“Damn that’s the first time that’s happened. Sorry kid.” Verona apologized.

“Did you just apologize?” I asked surprised.

Verona’s hard exterior came back right after I uttered those words, “No, not get the fuck out of my sight.”

I stood shocked as she turned on her heals and shoved through a group of teens. I should really learn to savor the moments when she’s calm and not fuck it up by saying something like that again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!