Kidnapped

Bars

Jade's POV

"The decision is final."

"But it's completely unfair!" I say, sobbing mercilessly.

"Please, sir, just let us see him." my mother says calmly. The officer looks at her skeptically, but sees she's relentless.

"Fine. But you MUST leave afterward." he says, opening a door. I burst through it, looking for Dan in every cell. I finally come upon him.

"You found me." he says. I try to reply, but I can't. I cry more.

"Jade dear, you must try to calm down. We only have so much time." my mom says, coming up behind me. I wipe the tears from my face.

"I never wanted to see you behind bars." I say.

"Can't say I've ever wanted to be here."

"Why did they lock you up?"

'They decided I was a 'danger' to society."

"But you're not!"

"Try telling them that." he says with a smile on his face. Anyone would have thought he was doing fine, but I could see he obviously was pretending to help soothe me. I grab his hand through the bars and hold on to it tightly, determined never to let go.

"It's time to go." the officer says.

"When can we visit him again?" my mother asks.

"You can't."

"Why???" she asks.

"He's not permitted." he officer says, motioning for us to leave once again.

"I can't leave, and I won't." I say stubbornly. The officer frowns.

"Jade, go." Dan says. I look him in the eyes and see how much it hurts for him to say that.

"I'll fight this, fight it to the bitter end." I say.

"Jade, don't get yourself into this. I'm fine, please...just go home and forget about this."

"You know I never will."

"Jade, you MUST!" he says firmly.

"I WON'T." I say with more stubborness then before.

"Come on miss, you really have to go." the officer pleads. I ignore him.

"Dan, I won't let them do this. You can't stay locked up. I WILL fight this."

"Jade, just know I love you." he says.

"I love you too." I say, letting go of his hand and walking away. I turn around one last time and our eyes connect. I see his pain and suffering, but also hope. His hope in me. He knows I won't leave him here forever.

Dan's POV

I wonder how long I'll be here...it could be months or years. I don't want that. I get lost in my thoughts untill a man in uniform walks to my cell.

"You have visitors."

"But I thought..."

"It's different, they're family."

"Don't let them come."

"They're coming in as we speak."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Chocolate
So what are you waiting for, comment! :-P