Kidnapped

School?

Jade's POV
"Dan, I know you don't want to but I am going to make you!" I say stubbornly.

"But....I'm so far behind."

"You're not as far behind as you think. And besides, I'll be there to help you." I say, ending with a sigh. I missed a year of school so I have to take summer school to make up what I lost. I was always a great student, so they trust me to finish all of the work.

"Alright, I'll do it for you," he says smiling.

"That's the spirit!" I say happily. I know it will be worth it. Summer school starts in a few days, so my mom enrolls both of us.

Dan's POV

"Uh...are you sure I need one of those?"

"Of course you do, it's part of the whole 'school experiance'!" Jade says laughing, "You'd think after years of not being able to lug a backpack around you'd be thrilled!"

"I am excited, but I don't want to overdo it," I say. Truthfully I'm overcome with giddiness. I know it's odd but I'm really excited to finally go to school. Jade's already told me that it won't be the exact same, because of it being made up of people who failed and all, but it hasn't effected my mood.

"Well we should go check out now," Jade says skipping over to the cahsier. I swear that girl takes happy pills in the morning! I follow her and watch her check out. It's an interesting procedure. Honestly, I've never seen this up close before. When I used to come to the store it would mostly be to steal.

"So, mission accomplished?" she asks after we head out to her car. It's a really nice car, or the nicest one I've ever gotten to ride in.

"Absolutely."

"So I was wondering, since we're safe now...well...nevermind," she says shyly.

"What?"

"I was thinking maybe we could go on a real date."

"Oh," I say, a bit suprised. I never knew she wanted to go out on one. We spent enough time together as it was.

"We don't have to...I mean...it's just that I've never been out on one," she says. Woah that's a suprise.

"Really? I thought all girls go out all the time," I say.

"Well...I've always kind of kept to myself," she says sighing. I can tell the date thing means a lot to her.

"Ok, we can."

"Cool! Uh...will you ask me? Like, I know we just agreed to it but I want the full effect!" she says, giving me a signiture grin.

"Uh...ok. Jade, I was wondering, will you go out on a date with me?"

"Of course! I'm so glad you asked!" she says. When we get to a stoplight she leans over and gives me a bug hug. Wow...I wonder if it's normal to hug at stoplights?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Anyway, thanks for reading! Oh, and by the way, I know this is kind of short and sort of a filler but it'll get better :-D