Status: Active

Hunters (Do Not read)

Hunters Volume one chapter Two: The Black Widow (Do not read)

Previously on The Hunters...

(The evil spirit known as death has taken the life of a teenage girl. Ten years later, her brother becomes apart of a small group of people who hunt beings from another realm. The beings are escaping and are taking control over human bodies. But even in human bodies, these beings are still able to use the full extent of their powers and bend the laws of physics and reality. Teenagers James, Rita and Henry have all been chosen to hunt these beings down and destroy them, but James has figured out a way to send them back where they belong. The boss of the other realm does not approve of this method. He approves of killing the human body. James is an adopted teen who has a very loving mother. He discovered he has the ability of fire and super strength. Rita lives with her timid mother and douchbag stepfather. She discovered she has the ability of Earth and speed. Henry is a serious person who works hard to keep a roof over his little sister's head. But sadly, he cannot afford to keep up with the rent and he's now being kicked out of his home by the landlord. He recently discovered he has the ability to control air and fly. Hunters who work for the leader of the other realm have never been given powers. But now, only three of them are alive and it is still a mystery why they have abilities. Rita and Henry have recently worked for the leader and even they are surprised at their new found abilities.)

[Henry's apartment]

(Henry awakes from his bed. Lex is standing at the foot of the bed smiling at Henry as he wakes up.)

Henry: Creep.

Lex: Oh, come on. Is that anyway to talk to the man who convinced your landlord to give you another extension on your rent and give you your stuff back?

Henry: (Sits at edge of bed) Since when were you into doing nice things for people?

Lex: I hate doing nice things for people. But I can't have you distracted by this little girl. I need you do work for me and do your job right.

Henry: By little girl, you mean my sister Katy?

Lex: That would be her.

Henry: Hey, I need to focus on keeping her save- (Cut off)

Lex: And blah blah blah! Look I don't care about her or you. I care about the balance of the reality.

Henry: Right, so what is it this time? Who do we have to hunt?

Lex: I'll tell you when you're all together.

(A half an hour later, Henry is holding Katy's hand. The two of them stand at the front door of James' house. Katy is a bit shy and she's wearing her pink backpack. James' mom answers the door with a bright smile.)

Anne: Hello. How are you this lovely evening?

Henry: I'm really hot. Yeah this summer heat is killer.

Anne: Would you like to come inside for a drink then.

Henry: Um... No thanks. I was actually looking for James. Is he in today?

Anne: Oh he's in the back. He's enjoying the new hot tub.

(Katy pulls Henry's arm. Henry kneels down so Katy can whisper something in his ear.)

Henry: What is it?

Katy: I'm thirsty.

Henry: Why didn't you say so? Don't be shy; ask the nice lady for something to drink.

(Katy stands and looks down at the ground. She has a hard time getting a word out.)

Henry: I'm sorry, about her.

Anne: No its fine. I remember being a kid myself. Those were the days. (kneels down to talk to Katy) Hey, what's your name?

Katy: Katy...

Anne: Well hi, Katy. My name is Anne. I have some freshly squeezed lemonade in the fridge. Would you like some?

(Katy shakes her head yes with excitement and Anne gives her a big smile.)

Anne: Well come on in!

(Henry walks into James' backyard and sees him relaxing in his hot tub alone. He walks up to James.)

Henry: Hey, get out of the tub; we've got work to do.

James: You know what, you're really ruining my "me time" right now. Could you please go away?

Henry: Hey! I don't want to be hear anymore than you want me to be. But we have work.

James: I don't have a job... do I?

Henry: Yes, protecting the world from being destroyed by creatures of another world.

James: Oh yeah...

Henry: Look, we need to pick up Rita so we can all get the information all together.

James: Let me just relax for another 10 minutes.

Henry: Why are you in a hot tub in the summer in the middle of a hot day?

James: Why aren't you?

Henry: Cause I'm not stupid.

James: Sure about that?

[Fast food restaurant]

(All three of them are sitting in an air-conditioned restaurant. They're all eating sub sandwiches and talking.)

James: So, Rita. How's your pad?

Rita: My pad is a mess. It's gonna take me weeks to get it cleaned.

James: If you want, I can go over your house and help you out.

Rita: Thanks, but no thanks. I sure I can manage without you.

James: You guys just love rejecting my nice offers, don't you?

Henry: Because we don't need your help.

James: Keep telling yourself that. (Takes bite of sandwich)

(Lex comes out of nowhere and sits beside James. James has a very annoyed look on his face when he sees him. So does everyone else.)

Lex: Wow, what a chilling presents.

Henry: Air conditioner.

Lex: So how about a warm welcome?

James: I'll give you a warm welcome.

(James puts his hand on Lex's shoulder and his hand catches on fire. He slowly takes hands off a few seconds later.)

Lex: Hey, don't burn the suit! It's cashmere.

James: (Sarcasm) Oh sorry, I wouldn't want to ruin your precious clothing even though you attempted to kill me multiple times.

Lex: Oh now when have I ever tried to do that?

James: You tried it just now, when you sat next to me. You sat next to me and bumped into me to try and make me chock on my chicken sandwich.

Lex: If you wanna chock on cock, that's your business. I have nothing to do with that.

James: (Sarcasm) Ha ha, very funny.

Lex: I'm glad you think so. Anyway, back to business. You're next target is a woman who recently lost her husband. Her mind and spirit were weak and she was possessed. Now the being that took over her body has a very deep passion for bugs. Mostly spiders. Now this being is like a black widow. After she mates with a male, she eats the head.

James: So we're dealing with a cannibal?

Lex: No, just a psychopathic woman who eats the heads of men. Oh and she can do anything a spider can.

Henry: No maybe you should get to know her better.

Lex: No thanks, I've learned my lesson the first time about messing with girls like that.

Henry: So where do we find her?

Lex: You can try strip clubs. Or maybe even cheap hotels. Her only purpose in this world is to mate and eat heads. She's gonna do it as much as possible.

James: Why do I have the feeling you're being sexist right now?

Lex: I don't know, you tell me.