Status: writing

Danger Days: Life of Masked Killjoys

We don't need another Song about California

March 2010
-------------------

My plane landed roughly onto the runway at LAX airport at 8:32 AM. I gripped onto Paul's hand tightly and jolted up from a deep sleep. He pulled me in and held me close.

"This is your Captain speaking..."

I sat up slowly and breathed in deeply.

"It is 98 degrees here in beautiful Los Angeles, CA. It is currently 8:32 in the morning and I hope you all have a wonderful time here. I want to say thank you for your cooperation and thank you for flying with Continental Airlines."

Paul looked over at me and smiled wide. He was originally from California, but came to New York for a holiday trip with some buddies back in 2008. I ended up meeting him in a GAP store in Times Square.

The plane pulled into the gate slowly and parked. We grabbed our bags and started to head out of the plane. As we walked up the terminal to the garage, I saw an old familiar face.

"Whatsup Worm?" I smiled hugging him.

"Nothing chickie, how have you been?"

"Same old shit..."

He smiled and grabbed one of my bags. I grabbed onto Paul's hand and he looked at me.

"Come on...he wont bite..."

Paul smiled and followed behind me. He had met my brothers once before, but that was back in Jersey 2 years ago. I didnt really see them for too long that day because of the concert.

We got into the car with Worm and he drove us up to the outskirts of LA. As we pulled in front of the studio complex, I noticed 2 cars that were already in front of it. Two trans ams to be exact...looked like they were from the late '70s. Paul started to look nervous and I held his hand and smiled. I opened my door and crawled out to feel the warmth of the California sun on my face. I stretched and went to the trunk to grab my bags.

"I got them dear..." said Worm walking to the back. "Go on and head inside..."

I looked back at Paul and he looked at the ground. I took his hand and walked into the entrance. It was air conditioned inside, that was for sure. I headed down the aisle towards the sound of tuning guitars. I looked into a room at the end of the aisle and smiled. Sitting on the floor was Frank, tuning his guitar, with his headphones in. I walked in slowly, Paul right behind me, and put my hands around his face.

"What the---"

"Shh...you are not alone...do not squirm and this will not hurt..." I whispered.

Frank pulled my hands off of his face and looked at me.

"Kate?"

I began to laugh and he jumped up to hug me.

"What the hell is all the commotion?"

I looked over to see Ray walk in with his bowl of celery and peanut butter. His mouth dropped and he came over and hugged me.

"Good to see you too Ray..." I laughed.

"Well well well...you brought a guest?"

I looked up and saw Mikey and Gerard with their arms around Paul. Paul was looking at the ground.

"Yes I did, now let him go..."

I walked over and pulled Paul away from my brothers.

"You know we are only kidding sis."

I nodded and hugged Gerard, then Mikey. I smiled and turned back to Paul. I walked over and kissed his cheek.

"Well then...lets have a little pow wow..." stated Mikey.

"Pow wow?"

"Yeah...you know...to get to know each other." smirked Gerard.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. The boys, Paul and I all then walked outside to the patio and sat down. Paul looked at me uneasily.

"They are only going to ask a couple questions..." I reassured him.

He nodded and looked at my brothers.