Something That You Don't Want Me to Tell You

Don't Wake Up

It is a quiet, still morning, the first rays of sunlight barely peeking out from behind the mountains in the distance. A man is standing at the window, watching the dawn break, feeling the weak sun warming his skin slightly. His face is expressionless as he continues standing at the window. He looks down at his hand, looking at the phone that rests quietly in his palm. The man quietly opens the phone and holds the end button, turning it off. The moment the phone is dark and unresponsive; he sets it down and turns towards the bed in the middle of the room.
A sleeping figure is breathing softly, her face turned towards the man standing at the window. Her shadow is cast along the bed and part of the floor until the man closes the shutters, blocking out the weak morning light. He walks to the bed and lightly settles himself on the edge. His hand rests on her cheek and brushes her hair out of her face. The woman mutters a little and shifts positions. Her lips curve upwards into a smile as the man places a soft kiss on her temple.
“Don’t wake up…” The man whispers, his voice barely audible above the sound of the woman’s breath. He stands again, careful not to wake the sleeping woman on the bed. His lips are curved in a gentle smile as he begins to gathers his things. Before leaving, he goes to the alarm clock silently flashing its neon red numbers. The clock suddenly goes blank as the man unplugs it. He stands again and looks over his shoulder at the sleeping woman as he leaves through the bedroom door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it!