Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Four: Our Mission

~Locklyn’s POV~
It was Christmas time and I was at the burrow for it. I sat next to Harry as he told Ron about what Snape said. Ron didn’t really believe it but I sure did. Considering since I was there for the unbreakable vow. Even though I knew it was completely true, I could not tell either of them.
Ron retorted,” You die if you break the vow. Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was five. Dad caught ‘em at last minute. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same.”
Harry and I chuckled as Fred walked into the room and he said,” I beg your pardon?”

It was Christmas morning when I ran up and knocked on Harry and Ron’s door. I heard a murmured “come in,” so I walked right in holding my stocking. Harry was still lying on his back but Ron was sitting up with the look of horror on his face. I saw a gold chain hanging on this fingers He stuttered,” She can’t honestly think I’d wear this?” The chain he was holding said sweetheart. Harry smirked,” You should wear that around Fred and George!”
Ron pointed his finger at us,” If you tell them, I-I-I’ll…”
I leaned up against the bed post,” You’ll stutter at us?”
At Christmas lunch we were all wearing new sweaters except for Fleur. She was soon to be a part of the Weasley family and didn’t get one. I wasn’t even close to family and I got a sweater. Mrs. Weasley must really not like her that much. George sat next to me and was telling me about how he was glad Percy wasn’t coming for Christmas. George alleged,” Percy is a real git, you know?”
Mrs. Weasley shrieked,” Arthur, its Percy! With the minister…”
Fred and George sighed,” Seriously…”
Scrimgeour, the minister, said,” Why don’t you all catch up with Percy because I’d like a word with our dear Mr. Potter.”
I watched Harry get up and follow the minister outside, While Ginny, Fred, and George all glared at Percy. Out of nowhere I saw a parsnip flew and hit Percy. At first Percy just ignored the fact that food was being thrown at him until more and more parsnip were flying at him. Many of which were hitting him in the face. With glasses covered in mashed parsnips, Percy stormed out of the house, with his mother close at his heels, and disparated.
A few days after the New Year we headed back to school. Within the first hour of being back, Dumbledore requested that Harry and I go to his office tonight.
Dumbledore told,” Riddle asked our own Professor Slughorn about a specific piece of dark magic. I’ve spent years trying to collect the real memory. But unfortunately I’ve only gotten the fixed memory. So here we go.”
We stepped into a room with a younger Slughorn and a teenage Riddle. It looked as they were having a slugclub meeting. We watched as Riddle stayed behind when all of his class mates left. Riddle stated,” Sir, I want to ask you something.”
Slughorn awaited Riddle’s question. Tom gulped,” Well sir, I was wondering if you knew anything about… Horcruxes?”
There was a mysterious dense fog that filled the memory and then Slughorn’s voice boomed,” I don’t know anything about horcruxes and I wouldn’t tell you if I did! Now get out of here and don’t let me catch you mentioning them again!”
In a flash we were back in Dumbledore’s office. Dumbledore raised his eyebrow,” Confusing, wasn’t it?”
I nodded,” What is wrong with that memory?”
Dumbledore responded,” That memory has been tampered with.”
Harry asked,” why would he do that?”
Dumbledore confirmed,” Well, I expect he is ashamed of what he remembers. For the first time, I give you homework. Harry, I want you to persuade professor Slughorn to give you the real memory. It’s crucial. Locklyn, you can go with Harry but considering Slughorn recognizes your last name and your features, I would let Harry ask the questions.”
The next day I confined in harry. I asked,” So when are you going to ask Slughorn about Horcruxes?”
He replied,” After potions today probably. Are you going to stay with me?”
I nodded as we walked to potions.
I sat in the seat next to where Draco usually sits, but I noticed that he skipped the class. I waited all class for him to come to potions. We were making some kind of antidote which included knowing the principles. I was very quick at getting half way through the potion, when I noticed Harry and Ron having some problems. I walked over to them. Ron threw his hands in the air,” Urgh! I give up!” I stood next to harry to try and explain the principles but he saw something in his book and smiled as he said,” I need a bezoar!”
I went back and finished my potion before the time was up. I was the only one who had finished the antidote. He was pleased with my potion and awarded twenty points to Slytherin. Blaise Zabini sat next to me and gave me a high five. He walked over to Harry and just stared at the Bezoar in his hand. His laughter filled the dungeon room.
He exclaimed,” You’ve got nerve! Just like you mother! Yes harry, if you had a bezoar in hand, that will definitely be an antidote. Ten points to Gryffindor!”
With that, the class quickly cleared out. Harry and I stayed behind. Harry asked,” Sir, can I ask you something?”