Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Five: Horcruxes

Professor Slughorn questioned,” What is it?”
Harry acted like he truly wanted to know and responded,” Well I was wondering if you knew anything about Horcruxes?”
I saw Slughorn freeze. He whispered hoarsely,” What did you just say?”
Harry continued,” I asked whether you knew anything about horcruxes, sir. You see…”
Slughorn interrupted,” Dumbledore put you up to this, didn’t he?” When Harry didn’t answer Slughorn became impatient and asked again,” Hasn’t he!?”
Harry then came out,” yes he did. I just thought that maybe there was more to the memory…”
Slughorn angrily replied,” Did you? Well you are definitely wrong, WRONG!” Slughorn left the room. I gasped,” Well, that didn’t go as planned.”
Harry asked,” Well how am I going to get the memory?”
I shrugged, “I’m not quite sure. But you should probably act like you forgot about Horcruxes for a bit, you know?”
Harry nodded.
Harry went back to his dormitory. Before I knew it I heard hurried footsteps and someone talking about Romilda Vane. I saw Ron with a certain look in his eyes. He muttered,” I think I love her harry.”
I asked,” What’s got into him?”
Harry sounded worried,” Well Romilda Vane slipped him some love potion which was intended for me.”
Ron piped up,” Harry can you introduce us!?”
Harry nodded and started pulling Ron towards Slughorn’s office. Ron asked anxiously,” Why will she be in potions?”
I added,” She takes extra credit in potions. She’ll be arriving there soon. Hurry Ron!”
I apparently excited him because he asked,” Do I look alright and do you think she’ll like me!?”
Harry, trying to not laugh answered, “Of course Ron.” We knocked on Slughorn’s door and explained to him that Ron was slipped a very potent love potion. And that we needed him to come up with an antidote for it. Ron mumbled when we got into his office,” Harry, I don’t see her. Is he hiding her?” Ron tripped over his own foot and exclaimed,” She didn’t see that, right!?”
Slughorn handed Ron a drink and said,” Here is a tonic for the Nerves my boy!” After drinking the antidote Ron seemed to be going back to normal. Slughorn patted him on the back and handing him some aged Meade, which was intended for Dumbledore.
Not interested in Slughorn’s speech about birthdays, I kept my eye on Ron. He stood up and then crumpled the ground. Foaming was dripping out of his mouth and he was twitching and choking. I screamed,” Professor, do something!” But instead of doing something, he just stood there in complete shock. I searched through my mind for something we could do. And then it hit me. I shouted to Harry,” A Bezoar!!”
Harry raced to the open potions kit and grabbed a bezoar, in which he shoved down Ron’s throat.

I left the nurses when the Weasley family showed up. But thankfully, I did not miss Lavender hearing Ron murmur Hermione’s name in his sleep.

Weeks had gone by with nothing really new happening. I began to follow Draco again like I did once before. But this time instead of Crabbe and Goyle standing guard there were two girls with glass bowls. And whenever someone passed them, they would drop the bowls and scream. I found this very weird.
Harry had told me about how Hagrid’s spider had died. Harry had still not gotten the memory. I finally said,” I think you should just use your lucky potion. That would probably be your only chance of getting it.”
He agreed,” Yeah, I’m going to use it tonight probably”

~Harry’s POV~
I chugged the whole bottle of Felix Felicis and suddenly said,” I’m going to go to Hagrid’s. I just have a great feeling!” Hermione and Ron looked at him like he was insane.
I ran into Slughorn and let him ramble on about the venom from spiders and told him to come along to the burial. After the burial, we settled into Hagrid’s hut. Hagrid fell asleep after having too much to drink. Slughorn said,” You know, I once had a gold fish. A student gave me a bowl of water with a lily afloat. The then lily sunk to the bottom and turned into a fish. The fish lived for a long time. And when I came home one day, the fish was gone. The fish disappeared on the same day your mother died, harry.”
I asked,” Do you want to get rid of the wizard who killed lily? Guess what professor? I am the chosen one. Only I can defeat him! That’s why I need the memory. Please, sir…”
Slughorn looked unsure but then withdrew the memory with his wand. He stated,” I am not proud of this. So when you see it, please do not think of me differently.”

~Locklyn’s POV~
I was in Dumbledore’s office when we heard a knock on the door. He said,” Enter.”
Harry walked in and exclaimed,” Sir, I’ve got the memory!”
Dumbledore looked stunned, but then smiled widely. Dumbledore put the memory in the pensieve and Harry, Dumbledore and I entered the memory.
Slughorn answered Tom’s question,” Well, a horcrux is something you create when you split your soul. Then, even if you’re attacked, you cannot die. Very few want to create them, they say death is preferable.”
Riddle asked,” How do you split your soul?”
Slughorn replied uncomfortably,” by an act of complete evil. By committing a murder. Killing rips the soul apart.”
Tom responded,” well would one horcrux even be useful? Don’t you think seven would be better?”
Slughorn’s jaw dropped,” Merlin’s beard tom! Seven, isn’t killing one person horrible enough?”
We then were back in Dumbledore’s office. Dumbledore smiled to himself and said,” This is the piece of evidence that my theory is more than likely right! I’m sure you can tell that Tom wanted to know how to make himself immortal!
I asked,” So you think he succeeded in making horcruxes?”
Dumbledore nodded,” Indeed. The diary from second year is more than likely one of his horcruxes. Voldemort made six horcruxes. The diary and the ring are destroyed horcruxes. I’m sure the Slytherin locket, the Hufflepuff cup, and his snake may be horcruxes as well. I would like you, harry, to come along to find the locket.”