Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Eight: Beginning of the Darkness Vs. Light Battle

The next day Harry came running up to me. Harry said,” We have to go to Dumbledore’s office.”
Dumbledore declared,” Harry, you and I are going to go look for Voldemorts Horcrux at a cave where the orphanage used to take the kids. Locklyn, I know you would want to go, but I need you to stay here. You are a very powerful witch and if things go bad here, I need you to fight. Some of the order is coming to protect the castle just in case.”
I nodded, knowing it would be best to not disagree. Dumbledore continued,” Harry you are to follow any orders I give you, no matter what they may be. If I tell you to leave me and save yourself, you will do as I tell you?”
Harry froze and murmured,” Uh... I…”
Dumbledore stated,” Harry? It is crucial you follow orders tonight.”
Harry then looked into Dumbledore’s blue eyes and replied,” Yes sir.”
Harry and I left Dumbledore’s office together but we had to part. Harry asked,” Promise me if anything happens you will do everything you can. If you have to you can even use my other bottle of Felix Felicis. Oh, keep an eye on Draco. I have a bad feeling he is planning something.”
I hugged him and replied,” I promise and please be careful tonight. Good luck.”
Harry nodded and ran off to get his invisibility cloak.
I pulled out the Dumbledore’s army coins and sent out a message for anyone who would take it, to meet me at the great hall.
I ran to the great Hall hoping that people would meet me there fast so we can set up a perimeter. I was not dim-witted; I knew that there was something bound to happen tonight. The first people who appeared were Neville and Ginny. Not all of the “army” showed up. The only ones that showed up after Neville and Ginny were Hermione, Ron, and Luna.
I reiterated the plan,” Harry and Dumbledore have left for an important mission. We three think that something bad might happen tonight. We all need to take action. Some of the order is here as well. Ron, Ginny, and Neville, you guys take the marauders map and wait outside the Room of requirement for Malfoy. Luna you can join them to. Hermione, you’re with me.”
Before we knew it Lupin, Tonk’s, and Bill had shown up. It was all dead quiet until we heard a wicked laugh. I stood up and raised my wand,” did you hear that?”
Hermione’s voice shook,” yes, I did. It sounded like…Bellatrix.”
We looked at each other with concerned eyes when we heard and saw the flashing lights of curses.
I ran out towards the group of death eaters. I pointed my wand and Bellatrix and thought: Expelliarmus! She was surprised when she knocked to the ground. She grimaced,” Oh looky here, we got our selves some fighters!”
Bellatrix and I began a wordless duel. She was not closing her mind before conjuring a curse, so I was deflecting all of her curses. The other death eaters were now under attack from teachers, students, and the order.
Bellatrix gritted her teeth as she spit out,” You were definitely taught well by Snape! Pity, that you’re wasting your talent.”
Bellatrix smiled as she shouted,” Avada Kedavra!”
Just as the unforgivable curse left her wand, a spell was casted by Draco to push me out of the way. I slide into the wall on my knees. Before Draco climbed the Astronomy towers stairs, He took one last look at me as if to check if his spell had successfully pushed me out of the way.
I joined Ginny in dueling Yaxley. Ron shouted in despair,” No, Bill!”
At that moment I saw a body tumble to the ground. Walking away from the body was Fenrir. In horror I gasped, which caused him to look at me. I shouted,” Stupefy!” The jinx hit him and he forcefully skidded across the room.
We all kept the death eaters pretty busy, so when I saw a fault in their urge to block the astronomy stairs I ran to the stairs. Snape had run after me.
Snape cornered me when we were close to the top. He pleaded,” Locklyn, I need you to scream very loudly. I need to go up there and stop Draco from whatever he is about to do. If he hears you, it might be easier to do.”
Completely confused by what Snape wanted me to do I opened my mouth to protest. But he put his finger to his lips for me to not scream till he got up the astronomy deck. From where I was standing I could see everyone on the deck but they could not see me. Dumbledore was entrapped by a group of death eaters. Draco, Bellatrix, Amycus, Alecto, and Fenrir were up there. When Snape stood next to Draco, I began to scream. The sound was absolutely horrifying. I saw Draco’s head swerve towards the stairs. Snape then pushed Draco out of the way and pointed his wand at Dumbledore.
Harry ran to me from a bunker underneath the deck. We both watched Snape Execute Dumbledore. I felt Harry tense up next to me. I could practically feel the anger radiating off of him.
When I saw the death eaters preparing to leave, I pulled harry to the bunker where he was hiding at first. You could see that when the death eaters walked down they were very pleased. Snape was last but he had Draco walking directly in front of him as they left. Harry tugged hard at my grip and ran after Snape. I came out of the bunker to see the wounded by tended to. I saw Draco try to stray from the group of death eaters to find me but Snape pulled him back.