Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Nine: Future Plans

I followed Harry outside to the grounds by Hagrid’s hut. I wasn’t following him closely though. I watched from behind as Snape entered his head to figure out Harry’s next move. Snape boasted,” Blocked again and again and again until you learn to close your mind, Potter!”
The death eaters who were running to the forest had started to come back. Snape shouted,” No, Go, before the ministry gets here!!”
I started to run towards Snape with all my might. I wasn’t completely sure of what I was planning to do. I was just so shocked that the man who was like a father to me could do such a thing as murder. But I guess anything is possible, I mean look at my real father.
I purposely opened my mind so when he looked at me, he could see how I felt. When I caught Snape’s gaze, it hurt. Anyone could have seen the hurt he felt when he looked into my eyes to only see disappointment.
Hagrid’s hut was set aflame by Bellatrix and it was a small explosion his house that broke our stare. Snape then ran off with his death eaters. I helped Harry up and we walked to where Dumbledore’s body was. Since his body fell off the astronomy tower, his body was in the courtyard. When we got there the whole school was surrounding his body. Harry knelt by Dumbledore and grabbed the locket that was in Dumbledore’s robe. I stood by Professor McGonagall, when I looked up to see the dark mark. I pointed my wand towards the mark in the sky. My wand was shooting a light through the dark mark. I was soon joined by everyone mourning Dumbledore. Within minutes, the dark mark was destroyed by light.

In the next few days, all the students were sent home. Harry had to go back to the Dursleys for the summer, considering he still had his mother’s protection until July 31st.
On the train ride home I had no idea where I was going for the summer. It was Snape that usually would let me know where I would be going. This summer would be different of course. I could apparate, use magic, and I was most likely not returning to school. After Dumbledore’s funeral, Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I discussed the horcrux that was in the cave.
It turns out that the locket was a fake and someone else had already taken the real one. Harry was now going to skip his last year at Hogwarts to go search for the rest of the horcruxes. Harry protested when we told him that we were going to come with him. But Hermione had told him that he could not honestly do this alone.
Ron had offered me a place to stay at but I told him I was planning to do stuff over the summer so he let the subject drop. I decided to just check everything out. I was going to apparate to Snape’s house and the Malfoy Manor. Then after I would go to the Dursleys and meet up with Harry. I was to stay in touch with the order because they were planning how to get Harry moved safely after his protect stops when he turns seventeen.
I got off the train and went into an empty bathroom, so I could apparate.
I first apparated to Spinners end, where Snape lived. I knocked on the door and stood there waiting for the door to open. But nobody ever came to answer the door. I walked down the lonely looking street before apparating to the Malfoy manor.
I meant to apparate inside the gates but for some reason it was not letting me. I then realized that there house was under some charm so no one can get in without authorization. It was a good thing I was wearing a black cloak so I can hide out without being seen. I apparated on the roof of the manor, so I could keep an eye on who goes in or out.
I sat on the roof for a couple hours before anyone showed up to the Malfoy Manor. Three people appeared at the front gate and walked into grounds. As far as the house was from the front gate, I could see the silvery blonde hair. So I knew two of the people were Lucius and Draco. The third person I figured was either Bellatrix or Narcissa. As they drew closer I was able to hear their conversation.
Lucius hissed,” I do not like this plan at all!”
Narcissa replied,” neither do I Lucius, but I would rather have this than you be in Azkaban.”
I heard the door open the mansion and Bellatrix’s voice boomed excitedly,” The dark lord is coming! Isn’t this the highest pleasure!?”
Nobody answered Bellatrix’s question. I put two and two together and figured out that Voldemort would be staying at the Malfoy manor. I was planning on leaving but thought, why not stay and see if anything interest will happen.
In about an hour of sitting there on the roof, I saw many black plumes of smoke shooting across the sky and landing outside of the manor’s gates. I switched my position on the roof to where I was laying on my stomach so I would not be seen.
Voldemort stood at the gate surrounded by six death eaters. The names of those death eaters, I was not sure of. The gates swung open with such a force that it caused a huge gust of wind flying towards the house. I put my head down on the shingles. What I was doing was extremely dangerous. If I get caught, I’ll be killed. But if I can, by chance, find out some information, it could be helpful.
Twenty minutes later, two more black smokes arrived at the gate. I focused on the pathway to the house and saw Snape and Yaxley walked to the door. When they disappeared I softly ran to the chimney. I dropped down an extendable ear.
Careful that it was not in the fireplace, I listened in. Snape started,” My lord… The boy will be moved the 27th of July.”