Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Thirty Two: Possible Disguise

My eyes widened as my father came up from beneath us. I stuttered,” L-L-Lupin!”

He looked back for a split second and took off faster into the night. Voldemort was sending killing spells at us left and right. I hoped that somehow that connection Harry and him once made would appear for me but it never did. I survived just by being able to distract him from sending dead on killing spells.

Just as I yelled Sectumsempra, someone yelled,” The bloody owl gave it away! The real Harry Potter is with the Oaf!”

My spell barely missed Voldemort as he took off once again.

Arthur Weasley slowed his broom to match our speed as he handed George to Lupin and I.

Arthur shouted,” Snapes doing! You will be one of the first ones back at the Burrow, take him so Molly can help him as soon as possible!”

I pulled my wand hand out from underneath George’s head and my hand was cover in blood. I gasped,” Oh my god.”

I saw George’s eyes flutter and struggle to stay open. Over the wind I said,” George listen to me! Stay with us. We are going to get you home.”

Thirty minutes later, we apparated at the Burrow with George. Lupin stated at the door,” Remus lupin, werewolf, was the professor of the dark arts at Hogwarts for Harry’s third year.”

Molly shrieked when she saw George. I stood besides Harry as the house became frantic.
When George was finally conscious and the blood stopped bleeding out of his head I heard him whispered,” Locklyn…”

He panted,” Promise me that if I die…”

Molly hit his arm,” Oh shut it, you bloke! You won’t die.”
I laughed at the freckled mother and son and stood back up to stand next to Harry once more.

Harry was in a bad mood, I could feel the anger radiating off of him. I pushed his back so he and I could talk in the kitchen. I asked,” So spill the beans, what’s wrong with you?”

He sighed angrily,” What happened to George was way to close! Someone could have actually died because of this stupid plan!”

Someone ran into the Burrow screaming,” Mad Eye is dead!”
My eyes widened as I turned slowly too looked at Harry’s suddenly green face. I mouthed,” oh god.”

With a swish of my wand it moved Harry closer to the sink as he threw up. The person who wanted this scheme to work was… dead? Hermione came over to us with tears in her eyes and was about to say something about Mad Eye but I shook my head and pointed at Harry.

She sighed and comforted,” harry it wasn’t your fault. The death eaters wanted Mad Eye to, course’ not as much as you but they wanted him…”

I walked away before he could snap at her. What she said probably wouldn’t help him.

I walked outside the burrow and stared at the dark sky. A shudder was sent through my body as I broke into my father’s mind. He was angry, extremely angry. He had not gotten Potter and someone was going to pay.

I walked past the room Harry and Ron were staying in and I overheard their conversation.

“Harry, I can’t believe you’re that naïve in thinking we wouldn’t be going with you.”

"I don’t want you two to be killed over me!”

“Well it’s a little too late to take all this back because we can’t go back to first year and not help you. Harry, you need us!”

I heard a groan which I figured was Harry making the noise. I pushed the door open,” You’re not going anywhere without me.”

Harry whined,” No you’re not going!”

I stomped my foot,” Harry I’ve been helping you just as long as Hermione and Ron.”

Ron stated,” You should go back to Hogwarts and protect Ginny.”

I sighed,” You know I would but come on, if the school is ran by death eaters how am I supposed to just stick up for Ginny?”

Hermione suggested,” I’ll give you my Gryffindor robes! You can just disguise yourself! I’m sure McGonagall wouldn’t mind!”

Harry nodded along with Ron,” That would be a great idea. And you’re the only one besides Severus that has permission to leave the castle with Apparition. So if we needed you badly, we will just message you.”

I gave up angrily,” Fine! I’ll go to Hogwarts while you three fight and get all the glory.”

Ron snorted as I left.