Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Four: A Bathroom To Cry In

I quietly walked back into the common room later that evening. Right as I was passing the couch to go up to the girl’s dormitory, I heard a voice,” Where have you been?”
I turned around to find Draco on the couch with his shoes propped up on the table. I said,” I just had to do something.”
He eyed me,” Sure you did.. What if I give you another kiss, then would you tell me?”
I nodded,” Oh so you’re just using me? Wow, what a nice best friend you are Malfoy.”
He kept walking towards me, when the girl’s dormitory doors opened, out walked Pansy. She was going out to probably jinx a few people. When she walked passed Draco, he walked to her and caressed her. Enraged I ran to the dormitory.
I’ve always loved that boy, in friendship or more. And he just keeps putting me down. Ugh…

All the Slytherins walked together to breakfast so all the other houses would watch. But this morning was different. Pansy and Draco were in the front. She was all over him but he seemed out of it. After everyone walked in, I came in alone.

Harry stood up so he could see more and asked Hermione,” What do you suppose is wrong with Locklyn?”
Hermione shrugged.
As I walked over to the Slytherin table, I saw Draco wave his hand for me to sit by him, but I ignored the gesture and sat next to the sixth years.
I turned around when someone tapped on my shoulder. It was Draco. “What do you want Malfoy?” I asked.
His face surprising had some emotion. He said,” If you’re not going to talk to me anymore, don’t get cozy with potty or weasel!” I could see he was trying to be rude.
Note my keyword- Trying…
I looked at him and smartly remarked,” Why not, you’re getting cozy with Panty. Plus that would never happen anyways so don’t worry your pretty little blonde head.” A couple of the sixth years laughed.
He grunted and stomped out of the great hall. I watched him walk out. I felt bad so I got up and followed him. When I reached the Entrance Hall, he was nowhere to be seen. I grabbed my wand and said,” Point me.” It points me to the direction he ran off to.
I followed where my wand was pointing to. It leads me to Moaning Myrtles bathroom. I kept my wand out just in case, as I walked slowly into the bathroom. Surprisingly Myrtle wasn’t out screaming or moaning. It was quiet in the bathroom. I then saw Draco. He was sitting on the floor… crying? I whispered,” Draco?”
He looked at me then. Yep, he was crying… He snapped,” Get out!”
I blinked a few times,” Okay have it your way then.” I started to walk away when he said,” No wait, stay!” I turned back around and sat next to him. I said,” I can’t believe I caught you crying! You’d think it would be the other way around…”
He sniffed,” Please you wouldn't cry over me.”
I rolled my eyes,” Well you obliviously don’t know me very well…”
He looked at me. I shook my head not wanting to go into it. He said,” Tell me how I don’t know you very well.”
I shook my head once more.
He said,” Want to know why I’m so protective of you?”
I stated,” Sure.”
He continued,” Cause I like you, well more than a best friend.”
I made an o shape with my mouth.
He added,” and because you’re technically mine.”
I raised my eye brow and laughed,” Oh so now I’m being claimed.”
He chuckled. I pushed him over and stood up. He asked,” Would you be my girlfriend if I asked you?”
I looked down at him, helping him up,” Yeah..”
He cleared his throat,” Well then will you be my girlfriend?”
I smiled,” yes!” He smiled and we walked back into the Great Hall together.

Dumbledore’s Army found a place to meet. So we had our first meeting in the room of requirement. We practiced disarming our opponents with Stupefy and Expelliarmus.
After our meeting we saw that there were a few more rules put up by Umbridge.
1. No student organizations
2. Dress properly
3. Girls and boys are to be 8 inches apart.
4. All Weasley products have been banned
5. All students who want to join the inquisitorial squad please see me in my office.

I didn’t even know Draco was next to me until he said,” I think I’m going to join the squad, so I can punish potter and his friends.” He smiled to himself. He turned to me,” Are you going to join?”
I shrugged,” I don’t know.”