Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Nine: Learning the Patronus

We arrived at Hogwarts to still see that Umbridge was still trying to take over the school. All over the Entrance Hall were one hundred more rules on the walls. Umbridge stood in front of Draco and I. She declared,” Draco Malfoy would you come to my office for your badge.”
Draco puffed out his chest like he was being honored to follow her. I rolled my eyes and looked for Ginny.
Ginny asked,” Where is Umbridge taking Malfoy?”
I replied,” He is joining the squad…”
Ginny looked alarmed,” You didn’t tell him about Dumbledore’s army, did you?”
I shook my head,” No way!”
She relaxed and laughed,” Oh alright.”
Hermione made Dumbledore Army coins that whenever there was a meeting they would vibrate. After dinner they started vibrating. I looked at the Gryffindor table to see that Harry and Neville were missing. So I knew that there was definitely a meeting. I saw everyone from Dumbledore’s Army stand up at different times to leave. I waited till all the other members left, and then I stood up. Draco looked at me and asked,” Where are you going?”
I lied,” Oh well when you were with Umbridge, Dumbledore came up to me and told me that he was picking me to go with a few other selected prefects to see the new places that we have to keep guarded.”
I smiled for encouragement, hoping that he would believe my lie.
He nodded,” Okay, I wonder why he didn’t pick me.”
I shrugged and ran off. I knew there was probably a part of him that didn’t believe me but whatever. I didn’t have second thoughts about joining Dumbledore’s Army but this would start to get risky. Draco is my boyfriend and he is a part of the Inquisitorial Squad, which could lead to me almost getting caught a lot.

I walked into the room of requirement to see everyone but Harry sitting on the ground. I joined the members on the ground.
Harry started off,” Well hello everyone. I hope all of you had a good Christmas. Well as we all know Umbridge’s rules are getting tighter and she going to be questioning students about illegal organizations tomorrow. So I want you to do everything in your power to not tell. Do not drink anything she gives you, it could have Veritaserum in it” Everyone nodded.
Harry declared,” Alright well we will work on Patronus’s today.” I heard a few of cheers.
Everyone stood up and spreaded around waiting for Harry’s instructions.
Harry explained,” You’re going to think of the happiest thought; you can think of and then say Expecto Patronum. Not everybody can perform a full bodied patronus at first, so be patient.”
I watched Ginny cast the patronus; a silvery horse came out of her wand. Everyone watched in excitement.
Hermione’s Patronus was an otter and Ron’s was a Jack Russell Terrier and Luna’s was a hare.
I came up with a happiest thought. It was when Draco and I were younger and I dared him to kiss me and when he tried I ran away making him chase me. I whispered meaningfully,” Expecto Patronum!” Out of my wand appeared a full bodied patronus the first try. My patronus was a leopard. The symbolic meaning for the Leopard is strong, determined, and forceful. Also it meant that it’s capable of being feared. I was all of those things.

Questioning-
All of the students stood in a line leading to Umbridge’s office. Well all of the students except her posy. I hoped that all of the members of Dumbledore’s Army remembered Harry’s warning. After a whole bunch of people it was my turn.