Thank You For The Venom

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

“Aiden, we can read minds. It’s obvious that we’re not human. We’re……”Ronnie hesitated, “we’re Vampires.” Ronnie answered my thoughts. I was still confused, but I was also amazed.

“So what you’re saying is that in less then ten minutes I’m going to become a vampire? A blood thirsty vampire?”

“Yes, we will help you control yourself as much we can.” Delilah’s voice got my mind off all my worries. I was once again astonished.

“Delilah, you don’t understand. I hate blood. Now you have created me into someone who yearns for blood. Not only that, but now I’m also going to kill people. I’m a monster!” I cried, but no tears came out I was shocked.

“That’s exactly why we chose you. We didn’t approve of the doing away with people either so we decided to feed on animals. It’s enough to keep us in control. It also doesn’t keep us hungry for about three weeks.”

“I feel weird does that means that the transformation is over?” I winced feeling uncomfortable.

“Yea. DO you want to see yourself as a vampire for the first time?” Ronnie asked with wary look in his face.

“Wait. I thought vampires couldn’t see there reflections?” I was confused too much today.

“That’s a myth.” He said handing me a mirror. “A lot of things you see in movies and read in books are myths.” Ronnie was shocked at my reaction. I was hesitating to see the results.

I finally got the guts to look in the mirror and the results surprised me. I was beautiful. Not that I wasn’t good looking before. To be perfectly honest if I were judge by appearance then personality I would be fairly popular. I’m glad I wasn’t judged like that because I knew who my real friends were. Unfortunately I didn’t have any real friends who would miss me if I was gone. Not even my parents.

“Wow. Why do I look different?” I asked still staring at myself. I hope I don’t become conceded.

“It’s just a way to help our prey appeal to us.” Delilah’s voice didn’t seem so seductive. From then on I wasn’t just Aiden Iero. I was Aiden Iero the vampire.

*End of Flashback*