Status: Finished! :)

Someone For You

un

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon like many others. Jonathan and Aimee were watching a movie in their living room after spending all day cleaning the house that had become a warzone after John’s birthday party the night before. They were both tired and not really paying attention to the romantic comedy Aimee had chosen for the day.

“I think we need to get Pat a girlfriend,” Jonathan commented suddenly. He had a tendency to do that around his girlfriend, he just let whatever was on his mind out, regardless of what it was.

“Why?” the young brunette asked a little confused. “Isn’t he happy ‘playing the field’?” she added making fun at the statement Patrick Kane always gave whenever he was asked about settling down.

“I think he might be starting to get tired of that,” Jon explained. Pat hadn’t exactly said anything about wanting a relationship but his fellow Blackhawk knew him well enough to realize that the young Kane was feeling lonely; he was beginning to look like a lost child with no one to take care of him. “He is one of the few guys that continues to sleep around, and he’s been doing that for a while now. I’ve never seen him go steady with someone, not even for a few months.”

“I don’t know Jon, it’s hard for me to imagine Pat in a committed relationship,” Aimee said with honesty. She liked Patrick a lot, he was Jon’s best friend and a pretty great guy, and Aims would never forget everything he’d done to bring her and Jon together but she just couldn’t picture Pat wanting to be with just one person. “I think he will eventually meet someone who’s worth leaving his lifestyle for, but I don’t think that’s going to happen soon.”

“I think it might,” Jonathan insisted. “You should’ve seen him after… after what happened,” Jon said hesitating to talk about their exit from the playoffs. It had occurred just a few days before and the wound was still open. “Most of us had someone to come home to, someone to find comfort in, but he was only greeted by an empty apartment. I almost asked him to stay with us that night.”

“Why didn’t you?” Aimee asked hoping that she wasn’t the reason why her boyfriend had left Pat alone that horrible night.

“I know him, and he would’ve make up some excuse not to stay here,” Jon explained. He knew Patrick was becoming uncomfortable with spending time with him and Aimee, he felt like a third wheel and thought the couple didn’t want him around anymore. It was all Kaner’s silly ideas, of course; both Jon and Aims loved having him over.

That was another reason why Jonathan thought Pat needed a girlfriend. That way he wouldn’t feel awkward hanging out with them. They just needed to find a nice girl that they all could along with and that Kaner liked enough to have her stick around.

“I’m still not sure if what Patrick needs is a girlfriend, maybe we should get him a puppy or something,” Aims suggested making her boyfriend laugh.

“I don’t think that’s the answer. I doubt he’d be able to take proper care of a dog,” He said not able to conceive the idea of his best friend taking care of an animal. He remembered that one time Jessica, one of Pat’s sisters, had bought him a goldfish. Needless to say it didn’t survive very long.

“You are probably right,” Aimee conceded. “So… what are we going to do?”

“I think I need to talk to him first,” Jon reasoned. “And if I manage to convince him… I don’t know, maybe we should just set him up with one of your friends,” he suggested.

“I love Kaner, I really do, he is a good friend to both of us, but… let’s just say he is no the kind of guy you want your friends to date,” she said trying not to sound to harsh. Aims didn’t want Pat just using one of her friends and breaking her heart, she knew how Patrick treated girls and she wasn’t willing to submit her friends to that.

“I doubt he’d be a jerk to one of your friends, I’d kick his ass if he was,” Jon offered but knew that his girlfriend wasn’t going to give in. He understood where she was coming from; after all, Kaner’s reputation preceded him.

“Why don’t you just talk to him?” Aimee told him hoping to soon put an end to the conversation, it seemed pointless, there was nothing they could do, Pat could do whatever he wanted with his life. “I know boys don’t have big talks about their feelings like we girls do, but just try to explain to him what he is missing out on. I have faith that he’ll see the light soon enough.”

“You’re probably right, I’ll do that,” Jon said.

“I’m always right, honey,” Aims said with teasing smile on her lips.

“That’s what’ve heard,” he agreed before lowering his face to kiss her lightly.

The matter was settled. They went back to pretending they were paying attention to the movie. But the silence between didn’t last long, it never did.

“Maybe we are the ones who should get a puppy,” Aimee announced happily. She loved dogs and hadn’t owned one since she moved to Chicago for college.

Jonathan wasn’t sure if that was a good idea. They’ve been living together for just a few months and getting a dog definitely was some sort of step in their relationship. But a look at his girlfriend's hopeful face told him that there was no way he was going to be able to say no to her.

“I don’t know,” he said, “I suppose we could, if you really want one.”

“I do!” she replied smiling. “I can tell that you don’t love the idea but I promise you won’t regret it.”

“I think is impossible to regret anything that involves you,” he said smiling. He couldn’t believe he had become such a sap, but he didn’t really care. He loved Aimee.

Once more they turned to the movie playing. Jon was thinking about what he was going to say to Pat, while Aims was deciding what kind of puppy she wanted to get.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! I had tons of fun with this!

The rest of the chapter will be up shortly. I'll post one everyday.

Can't wait to hear what you think!