Status: Finished! :)

Someone For You

deux

“You suck at this!” Patrick Kane said mockingly to his best friend. They were playing video games at Jon’s place, just relaxing and having a good time.

“It doesn’t count, I was on the phone, that’s the only reason you won,” Jon declared before getting up the couch and heading for the kitchen. “I’m getting another, you want one?” he asked referring to the beer bottle he had in his hand.

“Yeah,” Pat answered distractedly. He was rummaging through the pile of games trying to find a new one to play. “Who was it anyways?” he asked, talking about Jon’s phone call.

“Aims,” Jon said from the kitchen. “She’s at the pet store looking for a puppy.”

“You are so whipped it isn’t even funny,” Pat said teasingly. He knew Aimee made Jon really happy, and Kaner really liked her, she was cool girl. But he loved making fun of his friend.
Jonathan came back into the living room and gave Patrick his beer before lightly smacking him for his earlier comment.

“You can’t deny it man,” Pat continued. “You do whatever she wants. Who would’ve thought Capitan Serious would let his girlfriend boss him around?”

“If you had a girl like her you would understand,” Jon said, sensing that it might be time to talk to Patrick about the girlfriend situation. “And she doesn’t boss me around.”

“Keep telling yourself that,” Kane continued joking.

“Wait until you meet the right girl, I can guarantee you’ll be worse than me.”

“That ain’t happening, I love my freedom,” the young blond said confidently.

“Really?” Jon asked skeptically. “What is so great about sleeping with puckbunnies who post your picture all over the Internet?”

“That’s a low blow man,” Pat said getting serious. He knew he had majorly fucked up with that one, the lost against Vancouver still hurt and he’d just wanted to get drunk and forget about it, he wasn’t really thinking about the consequences.

“Yeah, sorry,” Jon said truthfully. It wasn’t his place to scold Pat for his doings. “I’m just trying to say that maybe you should consider slowing down a bit… I don’t know, you haven’t tried having girlfriend and you might realize it isn’t as horrible as you think.”

“I don’t know any girls that are worth it,” he confessed, “You got lucky with Aims.”

“I didn’t meet her at some club while I was wasted,” Jonathan said trying to make a point. “You only meet women that way. When was the last time you took someone on an actual date?”

Before the conversation could continue the doorbell rang. Both men thought it was the delivery guy with the pizza they had ordered. After some bickering about who was going to get it Patrick ended up walking down the hall.

When he opened the door he didn’t found the delivery guy there. Instead there was a short blonde girl with a huge pair of green eyes starring up at him with confusion written all over her pretty face.

“Hi,” she said, “I’m not sure I’ve got the right address, but I’m looking for Aimee.”

“She’s not here right now,” Patrick replied.

“Oh,” the girl said visibly disappointed. “Do you know when she’ll be back?”

“I’m not sure, I guess that she should be here in a couple of hours,” he said unsure if he should ask who she was or invite her in to wait for Aims.

“Kaner, what’s taking so long?” Jonathan asked before appearing next to Pat.

“Jon?” the girl asked, her features relaxing at the sight of the captain.

“Izzy?” Jon said stepping forward to hug the young woman. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m in town and I wanted to see Aimee, I kind of need to talk to her,” Izzy explained.

“Come on in,” Jon said leading her inside the house. “The ugly man that open the door is Patrick, he plays for the hawks too.”

“I’m Isolde, I’m Aimee’s stepsister,” she introduced herself to Pat, “You can call me Izzy if you want.”

“Nice to meet you Izzy,” Kaner replied politely.

The trio went back into the living room and made some small talk. Izzy was bombarded with questions about herself from Patrick, and she happily answered them. Isolde was undoubtedly the most easy going and smiley person Pat had meet in awhile. She simply had a glow about her that he’d never seen before.

He learned that she was originally from Sacramento but had moved to LA for college a couple of years ago. She also told him that her father married Aimee’s mom when they were teenagers and they had pretty much become best friends after that. Izzy went into a bunch of other details of her life, including her love for cupcakes, action movies and swimming.

“I missed the deadline on a super important paper but it was totally worth it, Coachella is pretty awesome,” Izzy said after telling the boys about her latest adventures at the music festival. “I’m totally taking Aims with me next year.”

“I can’t picture Aimee there,” Pat commented. “She’s all serious and responsible like Jon.”

“My sister has a wild side,” Isolde responded with a smile. “She can get pretty crazy when she wants. Am I right Jon?” she asked trickily.

Jonathan blushed a little at the question but ended up saying, “Yeah, she is not as innocent as she looks.”

“I knew there was something you weren’t telling me about Aims,” Pat said jokingly. Jonathan’s repose was to smack him in the head. “Ouch! If you keep killing my brain cells my life choices are only going to get worse!” he complained making everyone laugh.

“Do you make bad life choices Patrick?” Izzy asked in a playful tone.

“According to Tazer I do.”

“Welcome to the club,” Izzy said making Patrick smile. He couldn’t help but think that Isolde was definitely a cool girl.

“Don’t encourage him Iz,” Jon told the younger girl.

Just then the front door open and Aimee’s voice shouted excitedly, “I’m home! And I have the cutest thing on the planet with me!”

She walked in holding a Corgi puppy. Aims wasn’t lying, it really was the cutest thing on earth. Everyone stared at it happily; it was undeniable that it was a precious little thing.

“That’s a good looking pup,” Kaner commented making everyone snap of the little trance they had fallen into.

“Oh my god! Izzy what are you doing here?!” Aims said excitedly once she notice her sister was there, sitting on their couch next to Patrick.

“I’m just visiting my big sister,” she said nonchalantly, “and I might be planning to still your dog.”

“I’m so happy to see you, this day just keeps getting better,” the brunette girl said with a big smile on her face. She put the dog on the ground and it trotted happily towards Jon. “He already likes you!”

“Have you chosen a name yet?” Jonathan asked and picked up the puppy and petted its head.

“No, I wanted to do that together,” she said almost sheepishly.

“You guys are one big romantic cliché,” Izzy joked.

“I’ve been telling them that for months,” Kaner agreed.

“You’re just jealous!” Aims declared and the duo simply rolled their eyes in answer. Jonathan contributed to their defense by giving his girlfriend a chaste and sweet kiss. “Can you please go get the stuff I bought for the puppy? I left it all in the car,” she asked Jon.

“Come on Kaner, let’s give the girls some space,” Jon said before giving their little dog back to Aimee who sat next to her sister with the puppy in her lap.

“So, to what do I owe the pleasure?” she asked. Aims loved her sister, it didn’t matter to her that they weren’t related by blood, Izzy was still her only sibling and she adored her. But she also knew her really well and because of that she was certain that there was a reason for Isolde’s visit.

“I’m I that transparent?”

“No, but I know you Iz,” the older of the two said trying not to sound too harsh. “You would never just fly out here without a reason, aren’t you supposed to be in school?”

“I’m done with LA,” the blond answered. “No one takes me seriously out there and I’m tired of it.”

“No offense sis, but sometimes you don’t even take yourself seriously,” Aims said
remembering all the crazy things her sister got up to. They were complete opposites, Aimee always was the straight A student that always follows the rules while Isolde was the happy-go-lucky girl that lived in the moment. “I know you do care about things, but that might not be obvious to most people.”

“I was really trying to change thing around, and I toned down my antics, but no one noticed,” Izzy explained. “I’m forever going to be the dumb blond if I stay there, and I want something more for myself.”

Aimee felt incredibly proud of her little sister right then. She’d always known that Izzy was smart and could care of herself, but she couldn’t help to worry about her sometimes.

“And do you plan to do now?”

“I was hoping you would let me stay with you for a while. I want to check out some schools here and maybe transfer,” she said almost shyly.

“You know I love you and would normally just say yes… but I need to talk to Jon first.” Aimee was hoping that her boyfriend would agree. But she was aware that it might freak out Jon a bit, things were starting to move a little fast for them and bringing her sister into the equation could complicate things for them.

“I imagined you’d say something like that,” Izzy said smiling. A tension they hadn’t even notice between them disappeared then.

“I can’t believe they make so much stuff for dogs!” Kaner shouted announcing his presence.

“Shut up Pat!” Aimme and Jonathan said in unison prompting everyone to laugh.

The group ended up spending the rest of the afternoon playing with the little puppy. After a lot of discussing among the four of them they ended up deciding that the right name for their Corgi would be Grover. Pat and Izzy volunteered to get a tag for him the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a bunch for reading, subscribing and commenting! I love you all!
I hope you liked this chapter. Here is a picture of what a Corgi puppy looks like.

I would love hear your thoughts on this :)