Status: Finished! :)

Someone For You

trois

The music was blaring. Izzy could barely hear herself think, it was ideal, exactly what she needed. She couldn’t deny that she’d miss this, the clubs, the dancing, and the drinking. She’d spent the last two years of her life partying on a regular basis and had simply decided to quit it all one day.

It was her first time out since she’d gotten to Chicago. Aimee and Jonathan had agreed to let her stay with them until she figured out what her next move would be. She’d been trying really hard to behave and leave her old ways behind, but it was proving to be a little harder than she thought. Izzy decided that night that she needed blow out some steam and ended up in one of city’s hottest clubs.

The fact that Isolde was a beautiful girl was undeniable. She was a classic beauty with the natural long blonde hair and petit little body. She’d been a ballet dancer up until she started college and that had gave her moves a sort of grace that was appealing to anyone who saw her.

Izzy was lost in the beat of the music when she felt a pair of hands attached at her waist. She turned around to tell whomever it was that she wasn’t interested. But the face she found was a familiar one; it was non other than Patrick Kane, the goofy player that she’d grown fond of.
In the two weeks she’d been living with her stepsister she’d seen a lot of Pat. For some reason he hadn’t gone home to Buffalo yet, and pretty much spend his days hanging out with Jon. Izzy had liked him immediately, he was funny and good-natured, and it was just easy to talk to him.

Izzy smiled at Patrick and all thoughts off pushing away the guy faded. They danced for a while, never getting to close and keeping it friendly. It was fun and simple, they were just having a really good time.

When her 6 inch heels started to bother her she took Patrick’s hand and led him out of the dance floor and to the bar, where she sat in a stool before ordering them a couple of shots.

“I must say, I wasn’t expecting to see you here,” Pat told her, raising his voice so he could be heard over the load music. It’d been a pleasant surprise to see the blond girl dancing sultrily by herself. The moment he spotted her he went straight to her.

“Honestly, I didn’t expect to end up here, it just happened,” she said nonchalantly. “I kind of just wanted to get out of the house.”

They took the shots and raised them before downing them in one go. They were both used to this, having been in this kind of scene for a while. They were nowhere near drunk.

“Are they that bad?” he asked referring to Aimee and Jonathan.

“Not really,” Izzy admitted. “But their mushiness becomes hard to take after a while.”

“I know,” Patrick sympathized. “There are ridiculously in love.”

“Yeah, I didn’t even know that kind of perfect relationship existed.”

“But you know what? I think I prefer them this way,” he commented. “They were all angsty and angry before. Your sister is the only person Tazer has ever cried over…”

“When you put it that way,” Izzy said remembering Aimee’s phone calls during that time. It’d been tough. “I have to agree with you.”

Isolde turned to the bar and ordered them another round. But when her attention switched back to Patrick he was talking to another girl, a redhead that could easily be described as smoking hot. It was to be expected, he was a famous athlete and a handsome guy, but still Izzy couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable with the situation.

She quickly downed her shot and slipped out of her seat. Izzy didn’t want to get in the way, she hated when her male friends scared away her hookups, and she wasn’t going to do that to Pat. She thought about saying good-bye or something, but there was no point.

The plan was to dance until her tipsiness went away, but she was too tired for that. So she decided to head out, and maybe find a place to grab a bite before going home. The cool night air hit her when she stepped out of the crowed club, making her shiver. She stayed grounded there for a moment, regretting not taking a coat with her; she was wearing just a short blue dress.

“Izzy!” Patrick said getting her attention. “Where are you going?”

“I don’t know,” she simple said. “Home I suppose.”

“Why did you leave me there?” he said sounding a little sad, probably because of the alcohol.

“I didn’t want to interrupt,” she admitted. “I thought you had something going on with that girl.”

“I’m trying to avoid another disaster and she was clearly a puckbunny,” Patrick said almost ashamed. “The press is just waiting for my next fuck up.”

“Come on then,” she said completely uninterested in Pat’s past failures. “Help me find somewhere to eat, I’m starving!” she said smiling.

Patrick honestly loved that about Isolde, that fact that she didn’t dwell on things. She didn’t judge him and that was wonderful. He only ever met two kinds of girls, the one’s that were interested in him for his fame and the ones that disapproved of him. Izzy didn’t fall in any of those categories, she seemed to just enjoy being around him, and that was new.

“I know place that it’s open all night,” he offered. “I suspect you are going to like it.”

The café Patrick was talking about wasn’t far and they could just walk. Unfortunately Izzy’s feet were killing her, so she decided to take her shoes off. It wasn’t going to be the first time she walked around bare foot on the street.

“Aren’t you afraid of catching something?” Patrick asked shocked at seeing her walk so comfortably.

“No,” she responded. “Well, I wasn’t until you mention it. But I can’t honestly take one more step with these,” she added holding up her red pumps.

In an impulsive move Patrick decided to carry her, so he scooped her up without warning.

“Pat, put me down!” she exclaimed.

“No, you don’t weight a thing and it’s just for a couple of blocks,” he said sounding serious.

“Who knew Patrick Kane could be such a gentlemen?” she asked making him laugh. Izzy didn’t protest anymore and put her arms around his neck.

It was hard for Izzy to understand the idea people had of Patrick. He wasn’t nearly as selfish and wild as the press had made him out to be. He was just like most guys his age, he liked to go out and have fun. He just had the misfortune of being in the spotlight. In a way Isolde could relate to Patrick, he also had a problem with people not taking him seriously and overlooking the good things about him in favor of the scandalous ones.

“I could get used to this,” Izzy jokingly said.

“Too bad, because we are here,” he responded and put her down before they walked through the door of as small but cozy café.

The place was almost deserted; except for a small group of friends, they were the only costumers. That was one of the reasons why Pat liked that café; no one bothered him there.
They sat down at table at the back and quickly flicked through the menu before giving their order to a sleepy looking waiter.

The conversation flowed steadily. Patrick explained the dynamics of hockey to Izzy, who had absolutely no idea of how the game was played, while Isolde told him about school and how she was studying to become an architect. They also covered the subject of family, both of them where really close to their relatives and had nothing both fond memories of their childhood.

They even dared to discuss love. They discover that there was nothing much to say about it. Izzy hadn’t been in a serious relationship since high school and couldn’t really say that she’d been love, not after seeing her sister and Jonathan. Patrick’s story was quite similar, he felt that he had plenty of time to meet the right girl and until she came along he was going to play the field.

After they were done eating they took a cab together. Pat offered to take Izzy to his place, to avoid walking up Jon and Aims but she declined, he sister would totally freak out if she woke up and she wasn’t there. In the end, Patrick ended up spending the rest of the night in the other guest room at Jon’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading, subscribing and commenting! I hope you're enjoying this as much as loved writing it.
I didn't have a chance to post this sooner but it's here now, hopefully it'll be worth the wait ;)