Status: New & Active

Seven Deadly Secrets

A Royal Pain

The sound of footsteps coming down the hallway woke me from my light sleep. I slowly moved off the mattress and pulled the cover higher over James head. I moved to the farthest wall away from the mattress. The guards tend to mess with us trapped in here, as long as one of us was up, both of us wont get hurt. I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. When sleep started reaching out for me I felt a boot against my stomach. It took all I had not to throw up on the cell floor. His laughter sliced through the cell like a double-edged sword.

"Wake up freak"

I coughed and rolled onto my stomach. I looked over at the mattress and saw James staring at me. There was fear in his eyes and he looked as if he wanted to get up. I shook my head and stood up. The guard held a small knife in his left hand and a bowl in his right.

"What are you going to do fight me?"

I shook my head and sat back down. He smirked and put the knife to my neck.

"You’re kind of pretty under all that filth."

His eyes moved over my body as if a piece of meat given to a group of lions; His breath reeked of stale beer and fish. His face was covered in a thick layer of dirty and grime. I just wanted him to leave. I guess he knew that because he smirked and was about to push the knife further into my neck when another guard walked down.

"Let’s go Jovells. The captain needs us."

He turned and nodded to the other guard and then turned back to me.

"Next time beautiful"

He kicked the bowl closer to me and closed the cell doors. I waited for him to leave the hall before I moved to the bowl. I moved over to the mattress and sat down next to James.

"Come on let’s eat."
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be up before the month is over. This is just a brief edit of the story. I lost my writing journal so I now have to rewrite several chapters. Enjoy!