Status: Bran spanking new!

Guard Wolf

The Story Of How Darkness Chose The Little Town Of Horse Valley To Call Her Home

The year is 1700, fifty four years before the french and Indian war begins. The quiet town of Horse Valley sits quietly at the bottom of a woodsy Valley. The name Comes from the Indians that settled the area and observed the vast numbers of wild horses that used to live in the majestic valley. At one end is a gigantic water fall that empties into a large clear lake and then flows down as a wide, slow ,deep river that winds its way through the valley and Turns right outside of town and flows between steep mountain cliffs. At the other end of the valley is vast green Fields of farm land that are shadowed by steep black granite mountains. The only way into the Valley is by climbing the mountains or riding a horse down the steep tree covered sides. On a warm summer night in mid-July there is an up roar because a number of horse thieves have been stealing from the Horse breeders stock that are kept in a pasture right outside town, The mob of towns people are at the sheriff door demanding justice be done! In the middle of all the yelling and screaming there is a loud, long, Howl from the river right past the last row of houses, every one freezes as a huge pitch black wolf walks out of the shadows a tall Brown Indian man at its side.
" Good evening" he says in a husky voice.
"I am Wolfheart and this is my friend Darkness, she is a wolf from before any of us and she has something to ask of you"
Everyone looks at her and she scans the crowd with the brightest blue eyes you have ever seen Like to sapphires set in black.
"I would like to offer my protection to your town in exchange for a home and that my friends over the waterfall be left alone" she looks at the sheriff and mayor as she talks. Every one looks at them and waits no one is even breathing, they stood mouth a gape confused and then the decision was made for them as Annie Hawthorn a five year old girl of one of the horse breeders wandered up to the horse sized wolf and reached up smiling, the wolf lowered her head and the little girl wrapped her arms around her big black muzzle and the she-wolf lifted her up onto her back were the tiny girl curled up on her back and snuggled into her thick black fur and smiled at her shocked mother.
"pretty dogie mama" she said and fell asleep.
"Well sheriff i think that settles that the wolf can stay" every one looked at the girls father and nodded.
"Thank you i will be nothing but protection and kindness i promise" The giant wolf dipped her head her blue eyes meeting every single pair of shocked towns folks eyes. The Indian patted her shoulder and faded into the darkness from whence he came and the giant she-wolf turned to the mother of the girl and actually smiled" please ma'am i would like to escort you and your family home"
For now Darkness had found a home with the people of Horse Valley.......................but how long would that last?
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know if you like it and i may keep going!!!!

-Night