Status: trying this out, Comments?

Adopted by A7x? What?!?

Chapter 2

After Matt and Val had left, i walked back up to my room, grabbing onto the Marlboro Gold’s that were sitting at the bedside table. Lighting the cigarette, i inhaled deeply as i thought about the day’s event. I still couldn’t understand why a rock star would want to adopt a troubled child let alone a teenager; sure I’m happy but how long would this last for? I sighed as i dabbed the butt of the cigarette out. Pulling out a small duffel and a larger suitcase i packed my stuff up as Matt and Val would be coming to pick me up at noon tomorrow it hadn’t taken me that long.

Packing my clothes up had not taken me that long but just over two hours. I sat down on my bed, now reading the time which was 7pm. walking downstairs everybody became quite at the dinner table. I gave a small smile to them and sat besides Xander who was one of my friends and was 17 years old. Filling my plate up Ms Fields cleared her throat and began to speak, everybody quieted down as they listened to what she had to say.

“As you all know, Aimee here has been adopted by a lovely couple Matt and Val Sanders, She will be leaving tomorrow at non, So if you have anything to say to her, then do it now!” she squawked and continued to eat her food.

Everybody’s chatter came back as Xander nudged me
“Hey, Aimee, you best come visit me” he whispered to me
I became confused “why wouldn’t i come see, just because I’ve been adopted doesn’t mean anything’s going to change, you’re my best friend Xander”
He chuckled “i know Aimee, but you’re going to be around new people” i hit him across the head “So you’re my best friend I’m not going to forget about you and in case you forget we go to the same school, so i would see you anyway” as i hit him again, i just smiled at him and we continued to eat dinner again.

After dinner was cleared away, i said goodnight to everyone as they wished me luck for the future and i just walked upstairs and into the comfort of my bed.

The next day had come quickly and i was awake by 10am, laying in bed, i looked at the bedroom and how bare it looked. I smiled as realisation kicked in that i was going to be part of a family not just any family but the avenged family.

Noon had come quickly and Ms Fields walked into my room with Matt and Val,
“Hey” i called to them and gave a polite smile as i fiddled with my lip stud.
“So, as you can see Aimee is done and so are we” Ms Fields said as she left the room.
“you ready to go? Have you said goodbye to anyone people that you want to? Should i carry your bags downstairs?” Matt rushed out

“Sorry, Matt here is just a bit nervous” Val chuckled

“its okay and to answer your questions, yes i am, and yeah i did last night and if you want to” I smiled as Matt reached forward taking hold of my duffle bag and suitcase.
Walking downstairs i see Xander waiting for me, i reach him and hug him
“I’ll see you at school” i say to him as i look at him
He nods and hugs me again.

Matt and Val are smiling softly as i reach them at the door.
“Lets go” i say cheerfully to them as we walk out the door where a range rover is parked.
Matt dumps my bags in the back as Val and I climb into the car.
Matt starts the car and the radio comes on playing a Blink 182 song, Adams song, i sing to this softly as i look out the window.

Val slightly turns around in her seat
“So everybody’s going to be back at our house as their excited to meet you”
I smile “I’m excited to meet them too” matt looks back at me through the mirror and speaks back to me

“Well prepare yourself for some questions” he tells me as we pull up to a large house with some cars pulled into the drive.
Here we go i thought to myself.

I know it’s not that long but I’m just getting started.
Feedback?