Do You Remember How We Started?

r i s e a b o v e t h i s

After Dougie opened his mouth and announced to his friends that he had a girlfriend, it took some effort to get Nicole to stop rashing on him. It finally ended with Danny tossing his girlfriend over his shoulder and leaving the apartment with JD following close behind. JD had to admit that it was amusing when Nicole not only cussed Dougie out, but started on the brown haired bitch that was cowering behind him. It was more amusing when the auburn haired girl slipped into her Italian heritage and begin to threaten in a language only JD could understand.

“I can’t believe that stronzo.” Nicole muttered as basically stabbed her rice with her fork. “Spero che ottiene una sorta di STD.” she cursed under her breath as Izzy, Gia, and JD watched her; JD was amused, but honestly didn’t want Dougie to catch an STD.

“I don’t understand why you’re so mad that Dougie has a girlfriend…” Izzy stated as she took a sip of her lemonade. Nicole glanced between Izzy and JD as if she was contemplating whether or not she should let the other girls on what she knew. “If you know something, Nicki, please let us in on it.”

“Not my place to tell.”

“Than whose is it?”

“JD’s.”

The other two girls looked at JD questionably, “Will you tell us what the hell is going on?” Gia exclaimed as she placed her elbows on the table to rest her chin in the palm of her hand.

“I like Dougie.”

“Okay, but what does-”

“You’re not understanding me,” JD murmured cutting her chicken. “I really like Dougie."

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“What an asshole.”

Nicole threw her hands up in the air, “That’s what I’m sayin’!” Now that the girls understood why JD was territorial when the Dougie had brought the new girl over, and how Nicole was infuriated with the blonde man, it was beginning to make sense.

“Do you feel, like, he led you on?”

That question stumped her; had he led her on? Was it normal for friends to be spending the night at each others place, sleeping in the same bed, and being all cuddly with each other? Was he leading her on without realizing it?

“I don’t know.” JD nursed her drink. “I don’t know what to think anymore.”

Izzy frowned, “It’s not cool, if he did that is.”

“Ugh, I’m so over this guy, that I don’t want to talk about him anymore.” Nicole interjected before Gia or JD could respond. Letting her fingers comb through her light colored hair, JD called their waiter over.

“Ready for the check?” the waiter asked before the girls could even ask him. Gia nodded her head as the rest of the group muttered a reply. “I’ll be right back.”

Gia, who was closest to JD, nudged her with her elbow. “You know, he’s kinda cute.”

“Yeah,” Nicole smirked, knowing exactly where Gia was taking this. “he is. I wonder if he’s single?” the auburn haired girl placed a dreamy look on her face as she let her gaze follow the waiter around the small restaurant.

“You have Danny, Nick.”

“So?” Nicole chewed on her bottom lip. “I can look, but not touch.”

“You’re unbelievable.”

“Hey!” Nicole threw her straw at Izzy. “I’m a girl, and just because I’m in a relationship, doesn’t mean I can’t go boy shopping… especially, when one of my best friends’ is currently single.”

“Currently?” JD laughed. “Are you sayin’ that you’re going to get me a boyfriend?”

Nicole winked. “Give with five minutes with our waiter and you, my dear, will have a date by the time we leave.”

Gia looked at Izzy. “Oh, this will be good.”

JD frowned, “I don’t know about this…”

Nicole flipped her hair over her shoulder, “Rise above this, Mariana, rise above what Dougie is doing to you.”

“Okay, fine!” Mariana leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest. “But don’t make me look or sound desperate! ‘Cause I’m not!”

Nicole grinned as their waiter approached them, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Here you go, ladies.”

“Thank you,” Nicole glanced at his name tag quickly to remind herself of what his name was. “Dylan, but I have a quick question for you.”

“Okay, shoot.”

Nicole leaned forward, batting her eyes slightly. “Are you single?”

Dylan chuckled. “Currently.”

“Currently, you say?” Nicole shot JD a look before licking over her lips. “You see, my boyfriend’s band is performing tomorrow night at this club… but they,” she gestured to Gia and Izzy, “have boyfriends who are in said band, and I was wondering you if would kindly take my friend,” she pointed at JD, “and make sure no drunk idiots take advantage of her?”

Dylan glanced over at JD, checking her out. “Yeah, no problem.” Dylan turned towards JD, smiled, and stuck his hand out for her to take. “I’m Dylan.”

“Mariana, but everyone calls me JD.”

“Mariana.” his whispered her name to himself, and she couldn’t help the feeling she could when she heard him utter her name in a low deep voice. “So, I’ll see you tomorrow night?”

“I guess so.”

Dylan grinned before pulling out a pen from his shirt pocket and leaned down towards the check placed on the table, and scribbled his number on it. “Call me, and maybe we could meet up before hand?”

JD nodded her head, as her cheeks reddened somewhat. “I’d like that.”

“Cool.” Dylan spoke as he took the money that the others gathered together, Nicole covering hers, to pay for their meals and walked away. JD looked at Nicole before narrowing her eyes.

“You almost made me sound desperate, you bitch.”

Nicole laughed, “Almost, I almost did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for how late this is!

comment & subscribes are lovely <3

next chapter out soon!

bytheway, stronzo means asshole in italian :)

I'll find my mistakes later.