Shut Up

New blood joins this Earth

'Descend into our home', they call with famish, clawing at my feet and clinging to my legs without restraint.
Should I listen, should I not?

I dissolve from this world which gives me nothing but images of what cannot be restored, images that harm the brain in such a way nothing can be percieved anymore. Flesh drips from over the bones, revealing the frail surface of once healthy bones, now straws that bend and brake as the wind recites its odes.

My eyes can no longer see; I see the german pull at my arm frantically, holding a body that doesn't want to be held, but I cannot decipher what I see.

Why does he care if I fall to those lower levels he spoke to me about if it does not concern his well-being?

Oh, I see...
Because the reaper would punish him for not doing his designated duty of 'babysitting me'.

The famished souls pull my feet harder and the german replies to their desperation with an equal desperation, his digits digging into my shoulder without much consideration to the fact that I still feel pain and lips muttering proffanities in his native language.

Would dying a second time be liberating?

"Hey, maso-guy", he calls out through his clenched teeth, his face grimacing in exhaustion." Would you give me a bit of help here? Try being less willing to fall"

I smile a bitter smile that makes me remember the vile images that still rest at the base of my throat, waiting patiently to dash back out: Uri's red face, Emma's wet face...and then the smile recieves heavenly punishment and I fall into the hands of those who want flesh to devour because they have no flesh of their own.

'Descend into the primitive levels of existence, where strong feast on the weak', they chant, rhythmically tugging at my bones to drag me further into the black tar pit they crawled out of.

I see the german's sad face gets smaller and smaller and then a palm slides over my eyes and steals my sight.

What color will this new Earth I'll step on be?