Shut Up

To get ripped apart

Metal tastes horrible...
"Denver", I call out, coughing the excess of metal out of my heavy lungs.
And the call is repeated, "Denver".

The pavement is rasping my cheek and I don't know if it amplifies the pain or if it does nothing to modify its already damning intensity; my body aches, my brain hurts and my heart...

...fuck,my heart is in pure agony...

"Denver", I call out to the wind, receiving no satisfactory reply from the person that I call like a broken record, expecting her to stop crying and answer me.

But she cries like a newborn baby.

Maybe she really is newborn, initiated to the reality that I tried to protect her from,that we tried, actually, me and...and that dead dude...

"Yeah...?"

I turn my head, ignoring the throbbing neck that screams at my brain to 'STAY STILL', and search for my sister's damp image, expecting to breathe water as she seems to be doing.
But she's not turned into a sea creature just yet; she's still a little puppy...

"I'm sorry", I croak, battling the brain that wants to scream out in agony.

Daaammmnnn- my entire body is pulsating; my eyes feel like they're orbiting around my skull, the scraped palate leaks metal continuously and it it ramifies and descends into my lungs to choke me, the acrid smell of dog piss or burned tire or whatever else smells horrible on the street, it makes my nose hairs remove themselves from my nose and die.

I'm in deep shit if this pain means my ribs have punctured my lungs...

"You-You...", she sobs and cries out in anger at her fluctuating power over her own voice. "Are you okay?!"

It comes definitive, as a final attempt to get it right, and my lips actually extend in an amused smile. But they begin releasing 'shit's when the pain makes me recall a boot busting that elastic flesh.

"Yeah"

It sounds like a question, but my body hurts so much that I can't offer her more than that confused 'yeah'.

And I can't breathe and (Damn it!), I can't breathe!

With the remnants of the energy I came to the battleground with, I slowly raise my arms above my head and, sorry little Em, but this time I can't help it, the scream comes resolute, as a decision to free my heart of the pressure of pain, and stray dogs accompany it, reassuring me that I'm not alone in my agony.

And the 'crack' is brutal; my bones snap into their original place and, though their return should mean the pain will end, it only intensifies.

DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!

And this nagging sensation makes it even worse, this thought that refuses to dissolve into the night, along with the scream that still goes on, prolonging its existence painfully much.

Was it me who accepted to get ripped apart?