Shut Up

I'm going to die at least one more time

Death does not suit a soul such as mine; it basks in the black gas as if it would in sunlight and gets intoxicated on the bitter substance and dies.

And I die a thousand times and I'll die a thousand more times.
And the repetition confuses the brain that rots.
And the pain is unwavering...

The reaper eyes me with irate orbs, orbs that shed their green resemblance to mine to protect their own color: pitch black.
But black is not a color that I fear; even though I...I can't remember from where I know this, black used to calm me...

"Why do I always receive such souls?", he mutters to himself, his canines glazed with a black that drips. "Why can't I get the suicidal or...shit, even the persecuted"

My lips extend in a smile, even though the situation is anything but amusing. But seeing a reaper mutter to himself- I find that precious.
But he sees the change in my expression and, like a hyena to a dying beast, leaps at my bones to crush their existence.
His digits, fleshless, burn my skin and it sizzles as if thrown in the sun.

But I don't scream and my eyes remain constant in their sobriety, eyes of a dog that refuses its muzzle. This pride that got me killed...
...the pride that might get me killed again...

"Why are you like this?", he hisses, shaking my bones savagely, having little consideration to his effect on the flesh; the flesh sears as the hot bones plunge in its surface. "Can't you choose already where you want to stay?"

And this question makes my eyes wither and avert from the reaper's blazing skull to the ground.
I don't think I have a place I belong to...how can I choose, then?

"You can go back", he offers, his grip loosening and my bones cracking with content."You can roam the world you came from. You can be with her"

My eyes don't show any happiness.
Why would I want to return? I ruined life for her; it would be cruel to continue...

"What about it?"

No.
"Yes"

His eyes grow wide, as if he didn't expect me to react to his bargaining, but a soul tired to separate itself from its half...it can only give in.

A small smile reveals his glistening canines and he reverts to the image he stole from me, mirroring a degraded soul.

"Then, it's settled"
"What?!", the German shouts without restraint."You didn't let me return! Why are you letting him?"

The reaper's eyes shine a horrible red and the German's lips remain sealed."Because you don't have anywhere to return. And you'd be a plague to any world I'd let you on"
A pout meets his explanation.

And I feel faint at the idea of returning.
And I want to die at least a thousand more times before I return...