Shut Up

Remember to learn to forget

Tons of white coins burdened my bones and then fell down in the abyss below(an abyss that was nothing but a sheet of transparent glass, through which I saw my death), mere seconds after they have been forced into my lead arms; they swirled and cluttered to the ground, each coin, each memory that it represented, each memory that it had fished from the vast lake(my brain) that was filled with currently dysfunctional neurons.

The second Reaper in terms of heights, the one that had pushed those heavy coins in my arms, watched me eerily; I couldn't see it's eye cavities from under the too long and dark shadow that was covering half of it's face( the hood of it's coal black robe was falling down, over it's glistening forehead), but I could distinguish the lack of movement of it's irises and therefore make out that it was watching me.

There was one peculiar characteristic of this second specter that was bothering my sea of dysfunctional neurons, bringing them to a state of partial awareness; it's skull was covered by flesh and then by a layer of baby-pink skin, rather than remaining nude to the naked eye, as the other two specters' head appeared to be.

I don't know the reason behind that peculiar specter's behavior, but it placed it's human palm on it's long, dark hood and slipped it from over it's head, revealing a human face it was hard not to recognize; jet black hair, sad green irises in which all humanity's misfortunes writhed in agony, 'weird holes' in it's cheeks, as Em would say without shame...

It was me...

"Why are you crying?", my mirrored image asked in such a clear voice I couldn't pinpoint if it was similar to mine or if this specter had been cruel enough to copy my image just to make me feel more comfortable around it.

I hadn't even noticed that my cheeks felt damp and cold, or that I emanated quiet moans of pain through my trembling lips; I grasped my chest with stiff fingers and my grip only tightened when the specter's ice-cold arms placed themselves on my shoulders to attract my attention.

"You have escaped death," it muttered, looking past me, into my very soul, as if trying to read it's age-stained pages.", a soul's death, that most are unable to escape. Are those tears of happiness?"

I shook my head in a lazy manner and began wiping at my orbs roughly, using the sleeves of my blood-stained shirt, the back of my palms and my digits and still not able to stop the liquids from dripping down on my cheeks; the specter, immobile for a few seconds, as if expecting a proper answer from my tired lungs, pulled back it's hands, giving me a few seconds of breathless freedom, before enveloping my trembling body in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry", it apologized, it's warm breath hitting against my earlobe in an irregular rhythm that matched mine." I've forgotten of your inability of speaking. Those coins...they are memories for you, only memories, aren't they?"

I broke off into a pathetic bawl at my identical twin's words, gripped it's black robe with such a force I tore tiny holes in it, buried my head in it's shoulder and my tears dripped on it's clothes, rather than on mine.

"Forgetting is liberating. Remember to learn to forget"