Shut Up

Killers don't die

It's exactly 5:23 a.m in a life that was plotting death at 6 sharp.

And exactly two shades too bright for a bastard that was thinking of trying out the black that that bigger bastard has been high on all his life.

I have been sewn back to life, like Frankenstein's monster, parts that were leaking life now numb as if dead.
And the wound would heal if only I didn't touch it every few seconds, like the gash in a mouth that battles a naughty tongue...

...but I can't.

I am the child that will poke at your limits until their either pull away or push back
and then poke some more.

I am the adolescent that will cross the line you struggled so hard to draw in life
and then take your stick and beat you with it.

I am the man that doesn't know what other purpose would glue have but to glue oneself to another person
and then to another.

I am the killer that won't die
just because I want to and life never gives you what you want...

My drums won't listen to me; the only thing that always listened to the kid that talked too much seems fed up. And it's silent, everything...
I try out a few notes, but they come out wrong, too from the past,too
...Mike.
It's the song that he wrote for me, because manager Mo didn't have limits I could poke, but a stick to poke mine. And Mike...

...Mike put himself between the stick and me and accepted that abuse that wasn't his.
.
.
.
I hate Nixx for what he said, but he's right...he died because of me...
I shouldn't've made that stupid call...

My phone rings and the ring feels like the echo of a bullet that missed me. Shacken, I pick up. What meets me is not metal, but a voice that I...know?
"Grey?"
"Yeah?"
"It's Emma. Uri's sister"
Ah...yeah.
"Uri is in the hospital, so, uhm...Can you come? I know you've been trying to bring back the gang,so...I called Valerie and she's coming. I'm going to call Matt, too", she says so...empty; like she's only putting the chess pieces on the board to play.
"So, will you come?"

My eyes close and something hot rolls down my cheek that debates on whether to smile or scowl.
"Okay"

I am the killer that wants to die
but life just won't give me that right...