Angela

Chapter 9

Angela’s P.O.V.

No one really knew what had happened between Billie and I except him, myself, and the doctors that were probably trying to get him to talk. So, he had problems. We all did.

The police had found him a few kilometres from where they’d stopped me and had to believe my story as he apparently started cursing my name, telling them that I shouldn’t dared to have rejected him. They’d arrested him, but he wasn’t to go to jail for what he’d done. He was unwell, the counsellor had told me. He wasn’t aware that what he’d done was bad.

I knew from the way he spoke about the incident with his wife that he’d known he was wrong, but she didn’t seem to listen to me. I shrugged it off and let it be, happy knowing that by the time he was out of the institution I’d be far from home, anyway.

The words of the kind policeman who’d stopped to get me hot chocolate on the way back home that night echoed in my head as I sat in my room listening to none other than Green Day. Billie’s voice filled my head as tears filled my eyes. I’d trusted him with all my heart and talked with him in a way I couldn’t with any other. I’d wanted so bad for things to have been different for us, but had known in my heart that it wouldn’t have been the same any other way.

“Everything will be alright”, the man had said, but would it really?
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. :)
Well, that was fun to write. Thank you to those that subscribed to this, and thank you very much for the comments :)