ICONic Boyz - Imagine If's

Vinny Imagine If "Star Gazing"

It's around midnight on a sticky summer night. You just can't get yourself to sleep. You open your eyes and stare up at the glow-in-the-dark stars on your ceiling, then roll over to look out your window at the real stars against the velvety black sky. As quietly as possible, you creep out of your bed, slip on shorts and a tee-shirt (although you can't see very well, so they probably don't match) and slip down the stairs and out the door. Right next to your house is a public park, complete with a lake of crystal-clear water. You can usually see right through the water to the rocks and occasional small fish or snail swimming benath the surface, but tonight there's a full moon reflecting off the water that obstructs your view. You take a seat next to the water, hugging your knees to your chest. You gaze out at the water and sigh, wishing you had thought to bring a book or your Ipod. You tilt your head back to look up at the shimmering stars. You shift your postition until you are laying on your back.

"Hello? Are you okay?" You slowly open your eyes when you hear these words. Someone is shaking your shoulder slightly. When your eyes gain focus, you see Vinny kneeling next to you, his face only a meer foot away. Blinking, you sit up. "Did... did something happen?" you stammer. As soon as you say this, reality sets in. You remember you were at the side of the lake, gazing up at the stars, listening to the traffic in the distance. Your celebrity crush is sitting next to you. You suck in a breath of air in shock. "I was headed to the car to grab something, and as I was passing you caught my eye. I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. I guess you just fell asleep." Vinny answers you, in a bit of a hurry, almost as if he's... nervous? You nod at him and answer "Yeah, I guess so. What time is it?" "Almost 1 AM" Vinny replies. "Woah, I was really knocked out." Vinny looks at you with those intense hazel eyes and asks "So, what were you doing out here anyway?" "Oh, I couldn't sleep. So I came out here to star gaze." You feel dorky explaining this to him. You look up from staring at the grass to see his reaction. To your surprise, he's smiling. "Did you see anything up there?" he asks. You can't help but smile back. One thing leads to another, and soon enough you two are laying next to each other, finding shapes in the stars. After a while of doing so, while talking and laughing, Vinny says "I've got to grab something from the car, but I'll be right back." You nod and sit up to watch him walk until he's out of sight. You sigh happily and lay back down, knees up. Before you know it, Vinny lays beside you once more, and as he does he slips something into your pocket. You take it out and hold it in front of your face. It's Vinny's phone number! You turn your head and smile at him. After another hour, you figure you should really go back inside. Vinny nods and says a final good bye shyly. You smile and say "See you soon, hopefully" winking at him as you get up. He blushes and looks down as you say this, a sweet smile growing on his face. You silently slip back inside and crawl under your covers. You have no trouble falling asleep after that adventure.