ICONic Boyz - Imagine If's

Vinny Imagine If "ICONic Forever"

"Meet me at the bench. I've got some news."

The text, from your boyfriend Vinny Castronovo, left you with conflicting thoughts as you were getting yourself ready to meet him at "the bench" (a bench on main street you two often use as a meeting place). Vinny's usually so silly and fun-loving around you, and this text just doesn't seem like him. It was so vague, which made you wonder if the "news" was something bad. "If it was something good, wouldn't he say so?" you think to yourself. You shake it off and head out the door, telling yourself not to be so paranoid.

When you finally turn the corner on to main street, you can see Vinny sitting on the bench alone. He's looking in the opposite direction. You sneak up and cover his eyes with your hands. "Guess who?" you say flirtatiously. You remove your hands and sit down next to him, without a single response. Not even a giggle. He's looking down at his lap. "Hey" he says, without looking up. "Hey... what's wrong?" you ask, suddenly extremely concerned. This is so unlike Vinny. He looks flat-out depressed. "I... I gotta tell you something. I don't know what you're gonna say..." he says nervously. You tilt your head so your face is at the same level as his. "You can tell me anything, Vin. You know that."

Vinny turns his head, studying your face for a moment. Than, with a deep breath, he looks straight in your eyes and says "I'm not an ICONic Boy anymore."

You and Vinny met because he was an ICONic Boy. You dance at ICON as well, and months ago is when you first heard that some dancers from there were auditioning for America's Best Dance Crew. When they got in, you heard specifically that it was the ICONic Boyz. You had never met them before, none of your classes were on the same days or around the same times. But still, you tuned in every Thursday to ABDC and cheered them on. And voted like no other. But one boy in particular caught your eye, and that was Vinny. For whatever reason, your eyes would always wonder over to him during the performances. But what really got you hooked on him was his bullying story. You too had big bullying issues, even had to transfer schools. His story was so inspiring to you. It gave you hope.

Because you danced at ICON, you were invited the day everyone from the Complex was watching the ABDC finale. When it was revealed that the Boyz did not win, it was so devastating. But again, even in that crowded room of at least 100 people, your eyes quickly found Vinny. He was smiling. You loved that moment, and often thought about it when you were down. He was so positive, always the sun among the gray clouds. When he looked like he didn't have anyone around him, you approached him. You introduced yourself and tried your best to express how much of an inspiration he was to you. You can't remember that whole conversation, but all that matters is that by the end of the night, you had a date planned with Vinny.

Now, here you were, being told Vinny was no longer an ICONic Boy. Returning from being lost in thought, you hear Vinny trying to explain. "...there's so much going on with me and my family right now..." He's looking at the ground. A smile grows on your face, and out of no where, you give Vinny a hug. A tear rolls down your cheek and on to his shoulder. Leaning back, you look into Vinny's deep, hazel eyes and say "I didn't fall in love with an ICONic Boy, I fell in love with Vinny Castronovo. Whatever happens, whatever decisions you make, there is nothing on this earth that could ever make me stop loving you." Vinny, a bit shocked, replies "You... love me?" You nod. "I really do." "I... I love you too. So, so much" he says. You put your hands on his cheeks and connect your lips. It was the best kiss you two ever shared. Because it proved to you both that your love wasn't fame-based, it was real, it was genuine. No one could ever take it away. Just like no one could ever take away the fact that Vinny was an ICONic Boy. Even though there was a "was", Vinny will always be ICONic in your eyes.